As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

A collaborative [chat]

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    That time is soon upon us.

That is really corny, Arch.

"If you recall" is silly too. Just say that at your annual review you discussed so and so and now you have decided to apply. The rest is fine.

okay

Arch on
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    God, if I play WoW again, I won't be able to resist talking about it with my boss. That seems like it would be sort of weird.

I got my job because I met someone playing DnD

kaleedity on
  • BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That time is soon upon us.

That is really corny, Arch.

"If you recall" is silly too. Just say that at your annual review you discussed so and so and now you have decided to apply. The rest is fine.
    Yea, just use "As we discussed during my annual review..."

Bama on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Elldren wrote: »
    ugh

stupid fire alarm test

That's what happens when red buff Udyr down the hall punches the wall.

You think that's pretend fire, you downs running motherfucker?

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Steel yourself, my mentor, for I intend to push fast against the darkness that is the school application process. Fear not, with your guidance I am a blazing torch that will strip the black from this land.

Sarksus on
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    God, if I play WoW again, I won't be able to resist talking about it with my boss. That seems like it would be sort of weird.

Has a server/faction been decided?

should be shattered halls hordeside
    this is only where me and my friends will be playing regardless

kaleedity on
  • TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Dr. Arch's Boss

If you recall at my annual review, we discussed the possibility that I would move on to graduate school. Well, that time is soon upon us. I am applying for graduate school acceptance (PhD track in evolutionary biology) at four different universities, and also applying for an NSF fellowship grant to help secure funding for my research (so that I may attend any institute that accepts my application, regardless of current funding for graduate students at that university.) I am writing this to both inform you of my plans, and also to ask you if you would be willing to write a letter of recommendation for me for each of the institutions I plan to send my applications to, as well as for the NSF fellowship.

Additionally, any pointers you have for applying for this fellowship would be greately appreciated!

-Arch

how does this sound guys?
    Yep, sounds good to me.

uh oh

i'm afraid mojo has more nerd cred than you, sarksus

you just got bombasted

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
    edited October 2010
    Mojo Jojo has more experience as a scientist so he is much worse at writing letters.

He keeps repeating himself!

Sarksus on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'll do you a reference, Arch. That way it'll be all interdisciplinary and stuff. We can pretend there was a collaboration.

Mojo Jojo has more experience as a scientist so he is much worse at writing letters.

He keeps repeating himself!
    I took "The time is soon upon us" to be a joke, it's his boss. I imagine they have some kind of pre-existant relationship. That letter manages to be both formal and friendly.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If I join up, I'll probably play on whichever server Corbius is on.

Silas Brown on
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bama wrote: »
    That seems to be a conservative meme: that since the phrase "separation of church and state" doesn't appear verbatim in the First Amendment that it's a bogus concept. I've had to explain it to my dad two different times in as many years and I'm sure if I brought it up in a conversation today he'd say "show me where it says that in the constitution."

The first amendment

BAM
    "I don't see anything in here about 'separation of church and state.'"

"Okay, show me where it says we have a right to own guns."

*second amendment*

"I don't see anything in here about 'owning guns.'"

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Feral wrote: »

*second amendment*

Yeah the second is the only amendment they like and they don't even know it.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    edited October 2010
    That seems to be a conservative meme: that since the phrase "separation of church and state" doesn't appear verbatim in the First Amendment that it's a bogus concept. I've had to explain it to my dad two different times in as many years and I'm sure if I brought it up in a conversation today he'd say "show me where it says that in the constitution."

The first amendment

BAM

*second amendment*

It clearly says "bear arms", and we all know what the founding fathers really meant
    Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg

Arch on
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

The first amendment

BAM

*second amendment*

its says 'arms'

obviously jsut an attempt to placate the octpus lobby

nexuscrawler on
  • ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    no left bear arms, though

only right ones

Elendil on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    The second amendment protects my right to carry a trident.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited October 2010
    Doctor I write you with the intention of engaging in correspondence with yourself about the matter of my application to graduate school which I will attend after I graduate school once I have applied and been accepted and I ask that you furnish me with letters of recommendation that will secure enrollment at these graduate schools as your recommendation recommends and also if you would aid me in acquiring funding that would aid me in attending the graduate schools of which I've applied and you've recommended me to, thank you doctor I appreciate your assistance and value your guidance.

MOJO JOJO

Sarksus on
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hahahaha

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Not in seattle man, the SPD takes meele weapons very seriously. Like I swear every year there is a dude who got lit up going after the police with a sword or something similar.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    It clearly says "bear arms", and we all know what the founding fathers really meant

druid_bear.png

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

edited October 2010
    Doctor I write you with the intention of engaging in correspondence with yourself about the matter of my application to graduate school which I will attend after I graduate school once I have applied and been accepted and I ask that you furnish me with letters of recommendation that will secure enrollment at these graduate schools as your recommendation recommends and also if you would aid me in acquiring funding that would aid me in attending the graduate schools of which I've applied and you've recommended me to, thank you doctor I appreciate your assistance and value your guidance.

MOJO JOJO

I tend to make sure my letters spell rude words down the left hand side.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited October 2010

MOJO JOJO

:^: :^:

Arch on
  • AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    If I join up, I'll probably play on whichever server Corbius is on.

If we play on my old Alliance server, I have like 40k gold we could use.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Huh
    Wiki wrote:
    Collective nouns for a group of weasels include boogle, gang, pack, sneak and confusion

Ok when I get two ferrets and a kitten I will refer to them as a sneak because that is awesome.

The kitten will count as a ferret since the ferrets will assuredly train said kitten to be their enforcer.

HappylilElf on
  • AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    ahahahahahaha

I just said "Hate you!" instead of "Bye!" to a customer oh my goooood

Do they sound similar in Norwegian?

Hah-Teh dehg versus hah deh brah

no mistaking it for the other guy, anyway

he gave me the wierdest fucking look

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010

The first amendment

BAM

Basically.

Freedom of religion means they all have equal footing. A government endorsed religion pretty much contradicts that.

I will be frozen at death and sent into space. And then in a million years an alien civilization will find me and it will be awesome.

Unless they just rape you forever.

They say a Sarlaac digests you for a thousand years. But given the amount of tentacles those things have, maybe they're up to something else for a thousand years.

Sheep on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg&t=1

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh man, how sweet would it be to have ferret and kitten grow up together as friends :3

TL DR on
    edited October 2010
    Shaz I posted that exact picture last page

Arch on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Sarksus you made me have to stifle laughter during a lecture :x

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    RonaldoTheGypsy on
    edited October 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    I will be frozen at death and sent into space. And then in a million years an alien civilization will find me and it will be awesome.

Unless they just rape you forever.

They say a Sarlaac digests you for a thousand years. But given the amount of tentacles those things have, maybe they're up to something else for a thousand years.

As long as they're the kind of tentacles that ooze an intense pheromone-laden substance that perpetually makes you so horny that you enjoy what they're doing to you, I'm okay with it.

Feral on

• Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg&t=1!!

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010

druid_bear.png

Yao_Guai.png

Sheep on
    edited October 2010
    Preacher wrote: »

Not in seattle man, the SPD takes meele weapons very seriously. Like I swear every year there is a dude who got lit up going after the police with a sword or something similar.

I'm crossing Seattle off the list.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited October 2010
    cass, me and shaz already posted that picture

Arch on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg&t=1Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg&t=1Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg&t=1Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg&t=1Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg&t=1Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg&t=1Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg&t=1Right_To_Bear_Arms.jpg&t=1

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
    edited October 2010
    shaz, me you and cass already posted that picture

Arch on
    edited October 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Yao_Guai.png

aaaahhhhh kill it kill it *mine* *mine* *mine* *back up* *headshot* *headshot* *headshot*

ka-ching

Phew. Survived that one----aaaaaaugh!

*other yao-guai jumps out of the bushes and mauls me*

Feral on

edited October 2010
    Sarksus you made me have to stifle laughter during a lecture :x

mojo.jpg

Excelllennnnt.

Sarksus on
This discussion has been closed.