Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[macOS] Sierra is Online. "Hey Siri, I need to get rid of a body."

1888990919294»

• htmhtm Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    absolutely 100% want to avoid vnc here

the performance is garbage, even on gigabit LAN

The only other RDP-style solutions I can remember are TeamViewer and SplashTop, which are both enterprise-ish and not consumer. I think TeamViewer uses its own protocol. Not sure about SplashTop or whether either is more performant than VNC.

"You can't imagine how many shades of black there are. And white." – Fake Steve Jobs
  • bowenbowen ayyyyyyyy Registered User regular
    I thought teamviewer was basically VNC++?

Warning: I am a programmer/sysop. IANAL/IANAD, seek actual advice from certified people in their respective fields if you are actually in need of it.
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Registered User regular
    edited February 24
    bowen wrote: »
    I thought teamviewer was basically VNC++?

What are you looking for? Like, tabbed, multi-session support?

I just use the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client app that's available via the App Store.

[ed] To be clear, what I mentioned does not have the tabbed, multi-session support. But it works well with RDP.

iTunesIsEvil on
    I want something that implements the RDP protocol so I can connect from my windows machine to my mac mini.

VNC is way to slow to dev on

Warning: I am a programmer/sysop. IANAL/IANAD, seek actual advice from certified people in their respective fields if you are actually in need of it.
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Registered User regular
    Ah. I missed the Apple RDP part. Ignore!

Ah. I missed the Apple RDP part. Ignore!

Yeah I probably should have said something more than "alternative to iRAPP" after the fact.