Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Artist's Corner: AWESOME POST in "Doom and Mega Man in BEADS!(!)", by emilpemil

bwaniebwanie Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
bwanie has reported a post.

Reason:
that's a lot of beads.
Forum: Artist's Corner
Assigned Moderators: Stupid Mister Whoopsie Name, DMAC, Grifter, bombardier, Angel_of_Bacon, beavotron

Posted by: emilpemil
Original Content:

bwanie on
·

• CorehealerCorehealer The Apothecary Nyan Quotes and metaphysical conspiracy, sprinkled with love.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Pretty cool stuff. 4 stars.

o4QHrZt.png
    ·
  • bwaniebwanie Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    i'd say four is about right.

i could imagine that if you combined this with stop motion you could achieve some pretty cool effects

·
  • IvarIvar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Bees?

·
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    he's

HE'S GOT A BEE

DKFA7.gif
    ·
  • GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    bwanie wrote: »
    i'd say four is about right.

i could imagine that if you combined this with stop motion you could achieve some pretty cool effects

That would be animation nightmare fuel to work on

0WBv0.png
    ·
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    oh hey, my friend is into this kind of thing. yeah, that stop-motion animation thing would be infeasible, at best, given that all the beads are placed and then melted into place with a clothes iron. just the prep work itself would take days.

That said, it's not impossible. just a lot of work and expense.

also this is quite awesome.

·
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I guess you could do something similar (to animate it, that is) if the 'peg board' were laid out on a floor or table so that you didn't have to iron the beads into place, but I guess that'd still be a ton of work, and the results wouldn't be entirely the same, as the beads wouldn't melt down to spread out a little?

Still, impressive work all the same.

sigtwo.png
    ·
  • bwaniebwanie Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    never knew these were fixed in place. i thought it was like mini-stek or something

·
  • bombardierbombardier mr. mully Vancouver, BCModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    Ivar wrote: »
    Bees?

BEADS.

·