As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[XBLA] Thread - Monaco out soon, DuckTales HD this summer.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Yeah, its not even charming in a "so bad its good" way. Amy is just awful... shouldn't have bought it

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    fragglefartfragglefart Registered User regular
    So following on from Amy, this week we have Haunt for Kinect and Scarygirl.

Is it Hallowe'en?

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Oh, Doom's back up on the marketplace, in case you're interested. Five bucks.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    So following on from Amy, this week we have Haunt for Kinect and Scarygirl.

Is it Hallowe'en?

Heh, I just saw Tim Schaefer post about Haunt coming out. Apparently he's the voice of one of the characters in the game.

• Options
    Well that means I'll be buying it!

Gotta wait for reviews first though.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    The Xbox 360 "House Party" of new downloadable games is official: Warp ($10, Feb 15), Alan Wake's American Nightmare ($15, Feb 22), Nexuiz ($10, Feb 29) and I Am Alive ($15, March 7). You get $10 in Xbox Points if you buy them all.

• Options
    seeing as how i want the last three, i might get the first one anyways and get those points

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I don't really know anything about any of those games except Alan Wake.

• Options
    nexiuz is in the vein of quake/UT and looks really pretty. it's fast paced and online, so i'm in.
    i am alive was originally gonna be a retail release, it's a uncharted-syle adventure game in a setting not unlike the road.
    here's some video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNr2z08u5fM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKwt0W8juX0

• Options
    I do like the look of Nexuiz.

Never played Alan Wake, wonder if you need to to enjoy the XBLA title? Will probably buy all those games, looks like a good year.

Also, the Haunt review is up at Eurogamer;

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-23-haunt-review

Sounds quality, will be grabbing that at the weekend.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    Played Warp at PAX East last year. Seemed cool; will have to check it out.

jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    Well dang, i actually want all the house party games...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Nexuiz even has the same story as UT, doesn't it? It looks fun, but as much as I'd probably like it I'm sure the community will be non-existent in a month. :(

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    surprised by the pricing. buy 3 get 1 is even better than they usually do for SoA

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Lame-sounding House Party this year, though that's never really been that great of a promotion. Hopefully this year's Summer of Arcade is better than last year though.

Can't believe anyone's excited for I Am Alive. Aside from survival games usually being pretty bad, this one's being developed by Ubisoft Shanghai, who has never made a quality game, ever, in their history.

• Options
    I don't remember ever wanting all the games on a House Party/SoA deal. Though, they're not going to trick me this time! Alan Wake is the only one I know for sure I will buy without trying the demo first.

• Options
    TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    So this seems like as good a place to ask this as any. My gold sub. just ran out, which means I'm looking for a new 12-month card. Anyone know of anywhere that can beat $38.50 ($36+tax) from Newegg? I already checked Amazon, Gamestop, Target, Walmart, and Tiger Direct. Thanks!

• Options
    TheCanMan wrote:
    So this seems like as good a place to ask this as any. My gold sub. just ran out, which means I'm looking for a new 12-month card. Anyone know of anywhere that can beat $38.50 ($36+tax) from Newegg? I already checked Amazon, Gamestop, Target, Walmart, and Tiger Direct. Thanks!

Not at the moment; anything under $40 is a damn fine deal.

• Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote:

Before you do, if you're not signed up to Xbox rewards, do so before you renew it
    http://rewards.xbox.com/

You'll get 400 points for renewing, this month (200 any other month). And you shouldn't have to wait for them to accept, as I'm pretty sure they backdate your rewards to when you signed up.

forumsig.png
  • Options
    darleysam wrote:
    TheCanMan wrote:

Before you do, if you're not signed up to Xbox rewards, do so before you renew it

You'll get 400 points for renewing, this month (200 any other month). And you shouldn't have to wait for them to accept, as I'm pretty sure they backdate your rewards to when you signed up.

Hmm, well then maybe I should get it digitally from Gamestop for $40, then. Because Newegg probably won't deliver until early Feb. Thanks for the heads up. I hate buying anything from Gamestop, though. :x

• Options
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    You mean boo. MSP goes on sale sometimes. I can't see anybody advertising "get $20 XBLM for $15!"

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    doesn't psn use real dollars?
    those cards go on sale as often as msp cards do.

hell, itunes cards use real money and I see those on sale all the time

• Options
    eh, i think they will still go on sale, i doubt they'll even change the bar code on them so they'll likely still ring up as point cards

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    Anyone know if points you get from the rewards thing have a time limit on them?

• Options
    nah, once they're in your account it's yours forever

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular

Never played Alan Wake, wonder if you need to to enjoy the XBLA title? Will probably buy all those games, looks like a good year.

You give Haunt a go yet?

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Is American Nightmare confirmed as the sequel to Alan Wake? I thought it was supposed to be a bridge game to set up Alan Wake 2.

• Options
    it is not alan wake 2. they've said as much. hopefully though, if it does well the sequel will be here sooner.

• Options
    Capt Howdy wrote:

You give Haunt a go yet?

Nope, too much work, will do at the weekend though! Impressions will follow.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    This week L.A. Noire DLC is half off. If you liked the game at all these are probably among the best cases in the game.

Next week Bastion's half off.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Shadowfire wrote:
    Nexuiz even has the same story as UT, doesn't it? It looks fun, but as much as I'd probably like it I'm sure the community will be non-existent in a month. :(

It looks neat, but there's a computer version supposedly, so if I get it I'll end up just getting it that way.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote:
    This week L.A. Noire DLC is half off. If you liked the game at all these are probably among the best cases in the game.

Next week Bastion's half off.

Oh bugger it! I just bought Bastion this morning.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    The good news is that it is a wonderful game and well worth every penny.

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    KitsunaKitsuna Registered User regular
    Yeah, I've seen a lot of people raving about it and I'm definitely looking forward to getting stuck into it.

MGRSig2.jpg
  • Options
    BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Cross posting this from another thread.

Does anyone know for sure if the 400 rewards points for reupping Gold in January applies to 1 month memberships? Or is it limited to 12 months only?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    only for a full year renewal

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    TheCanMan wrote:
    darleysam wrote:
    TheCanMan wrote:

Hmm, well then maybe I should get it digitally from Gamestop for $40, then. Because Newegg probably won't deliver until early Feb. Thanks for the heads up. I hate buying anything from Gamestop, though. :x

Amazon has price matched Newegg with an instant code - buy there instead!!

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    Iron Brigade : Rise of the Martian Bear

Quick Look on Giant Bomb;

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-ex-iron-brigade-rise-of-the-martian-bear/17-5581/

Fucking amazing. My game of 2011, I can't wait for this.

Also, the best thing?
    TWO-HANDED SALUTES BITCHES!

fragglefart.jpg
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Any in the Gotham City Imposters beta? I just downloaded it.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85