As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND: Old thread.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    When I got RB2, I got it when the Fry's opened, took it home, then after breakfast played it for six straight hours. I had to quit when it hurt to shift my fingers along the frets because there were no oils left on the tips.

It would've absolutely wrecked my day to go to bed at six or seven in the morning. I don't figure to be playing RB3 nearly that long (RB2 had a solo player world tour for fucks sake!) and I won't be playing much come the weekend (Bully time!), but it'll always be there. Maybe. If Fry's isn't sold out of the bundle.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I don't figure to be playing RB3 nearly that long (RB2 had a solo player world tour for fucks sake!)

Actually the hundreds of mini-achivements and setlists makes RB3 sound like it'll be an even longer experience than RB2.

As for me, I plan on getting the game, playing for a little while, then getting to bed around 1. Damn gainful employment.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Unless I can get 100 bucks for trade oft gamecube and games, I'm not getting RB3 til sometime in November. Doh.

Fawst on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I just drive by my 24 hour walmart when I get off work when I want a game at midnight. Get there at like 12:05, go to register 18, get my game, walk out.

Tommatt on
  • Options
    OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've never done a midnight release because I've never found any game to be that important. It's still the same game whether I play it at 1a or twelve hours later.

And I also don't have to stand in line, at midnight, in whatever inclement weather, to buy a game I can just walk in off the street elsewhere. GameStop isn't totally evil, but some things just feel really dumb. But I really think it's totally cool for anybody else who does it. It's just not a thing for me.

I get that. I'm not big into midnight launches either, especially if I have work or something the next morning.

The only game I've ever stood in line for a midnight launch was Halo: Reach, mainly because I had the next day off and my friends were also getting it at midnight, but were working later on the next day. So we played until 6 AM and I slept real late the next morning. This is probably the only time I would ever do something like this, though.

I might have gone for RB3's midnight launch, but I have work at 8:30 the next morning, and I would have only done it since Wal-Mart is five minutes away. I did a similar thing with Rock Band in 2007, though Wal-Mart sold out their bundles so I ended up getting burned.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • Options
    KlaytonAmoryKlaytonAmory Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Midnight launches are a zany concept. Especially in the gaming world. Instead of the normal economy where it is one day a year, Black Friday, gamers have 15+ midnight launches a year.

I've done 2 console midnight launches, Wii and PS3, both included staying at the establishment for 48 hours. And let us remember the Wii and PS3 came out 2 days inbetween eachother. I was at the same store from wednesday-Sunday. PS3 launch was cruddy because it was like 6 random people who weren't gamers wanting to just sell it (store cut line off once max amount of people to console ratio was hit...just couldn't leave the store or Electronics area) The conversations were dull. Wii launch was awesome. 2 dudes brought in laptops and USB controllers, we all played Zelda, Mario, and a bunch of other games while talking about the wii.

tl;dr I've had mixed experiences, Wii launch was awesome.

I'm lucking out this time. I get off work around midnight, best buy is doing a midnight launch for all their games. So i'm getting Rockband3, Fable 3, SvR, and ? (NBA2k11, Force unleashed2, or Castlevania...still undecided) right after work. Just saving myself from doing it the next day.

KlaytonAmory on
  • Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My PS3 keyboard arrived Thursday from Amazon. I have RB3 coming Tuesday with release-date shipping. I do have to be at work at 7am Tue-Thu, but I should be out of work by 2:00 on Thursday followed by a 4 day weekend. With my wife leaving Saturday for a conference, and not returning until Wed. morning.

The timing for the RB3 release is most excellent :lol:

Ketar on
  • Options
    XenoScholarXenoScholar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Expert Pro keys for Roundabout:

Welp.

Gotta say, though, I'm loving that "press start, adjust your options" thing, and I love how it rewinds time when you unpause. Harmonix is learning how to make a good music game interface!

XenoScholar on
    Check out my demonstration of the Street Fighter 4 hard trial combos, showing hands on the joystick, on my Youtube channel!
    Current characters done: Ryu, Dan, C. Viper
    Xbox Live: Infilament
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    They better. This is probably it for the "rhythm game" genre, no?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    XenoScholarXenoScholar Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There were several things that bugged me a lot about RB2's interface, primarily because it's a problem that has been solved in tons of other (Japanese) music games for a long time.

1) All tracks must scroll the same speed. This is particularly brutal if you're an expert player and you play with people on medium. At parties and things, people would come up to me and ask me to play a hard song, but they wanted to play along with me (on easy or medium), basically making it nearly impossible for me to read any part with a lot of notes. I wonder if RB3 fixes this? I'm willing to bet no, sadly. :(

2) You couldn't do things like hyperspeed and no-fail mode without backing all the way out to the main menu. Fortunately it seems like they've fixed this! I was always puzzled why RB2 didn't have a "press button, access options" thing directly from the song select screen, when DDR/IIDX/any Bemani game all have it.

XenoScholar on
    Check out my demonstration of the Street Fighter 4 hard trial combos, showing hands on the joystick, on my Youtube channel!
    Current characters done: Ryu, Dan, C. Viper
    Xbox Live: Infilament
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hey, thanks for the advice to dl stuff from the 360 itself. Hadn't done that in forever cause it's a pain, but worked like a charm! Have all my hundreds of songs ready for RB3! You guys are kings.

As for midnight launches, back when I worked 2pm to 10pm and the local Gamestop where my buddy shopped was 2 minutes down the street, they were great. Hang out in line with someone you know and then play until 6am, no worries. But now, I've got normal work hours and live in a much bigger city. I need sleep, goddammit! I can wait until lunch the next day to pick up a game. Or have Amazon deliver it to me AT work.

Medium Dave on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    There were several things that bugged me a lot about RB2's interface, primarily because it's a problem that has been solved in tons of other (Japanese) music games for a long time.

1) All tracks must scroll the same speed. This is particularly brutal if you're an expert player and you play with people on medium. At parties and things, people would come up to me and ask me to play a hard song, but they wanted to play along with me (on easy or medium), basically making it nearly impossible for me to read any part with a lot of notes. I wonder if RB3 fixes this? I'm willing to bet no, sadly. :(

2) You couldn't do things like hyperspeed and no-fail mode without backing all the way out to the main menu. Fortunately it seems like they've fixed this! I was always puzzled why RB2 didn't have a "press button, access options" thing directly from the song select screen, when DDR/IIDX/any Bemani game all have it.

they've fixed both those things

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

they've fixed both those things

Considering RB2 was no more than a modified version of RB1 and that they rebuilt the game based mainly on BRB and GDRB which didn't have much of the same RB2 problems...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    it's stuff GH5 fixed, there's no way that HMX would fail to catch up in those areas.

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm not going to go to the midnight launch... probably.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Apparently in Europe the PS3 keyboard has been pushed back til November 12th. Which, not unsurprisingly, sucks.

I really hope the only keyboards available won't be in bundles.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Here's a review with a bit more info of the minor things by RockBandAide.

I'm excited for Thursday.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Woo, a few more hours and I'll be getting this delivered from Newegg. Yay!

Death of Rats on
    No I don't.
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    About 12 hours and counting.

I'm debating whether to jump right in on guitar or start pounding though the keyboard tutorials once I get my bundle home this evening/morning.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I'm only gonna get an hour or so in before I have to go to work (hooray 3am job), but after I get home and nap, there shall be rock and or roll!

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Ok so I'm confused now. I checked Amazon and it says that it is "shipping soon" and now I can't change any payment/delivery options. I hope this means I don't have to wait until Thursday since that usually only happens when they're shipping on that day.

Arikado on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    JOHN LENNON DLC?!?!?
    HMX wrote:
    JOHN LENNON’S LEGENDARY IMAGINE ALBUM AMONG THE FIRST OF ROCK BAND™3 DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT

John Lennon, The Doors, Billy Joel and Bon Jovi Headline Epic Roster of Upcoming Rock Band 3 Downloadable Songs

Rock Band 3 to Rock the World on Oct. 26, 2010,
    with More Than 2,000* Songs Available to Fans at Launch

Cambridge, MA – Oct. 25, 2010 – Raising the bar once again for interactive music games with the addition of groundbreaking new features that include keyboards, vocal harmonies and Rock Band Pro Mode, Harmonix Music Systems Inc., the world’s premier music video game developer, and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today proudly announced that Imagine, the timeless album from John Lennon, will be among the first albums released as Rock Band™ 3 downloadable content.

"The songs on John Lennon's Imagine run the gamut from beautiful piano-driven ballads like ‘Jealous Guy’ to all-out guitar rockers like ‘Gimme Some Truth’,” said Paul DeGooyer, senior vice president of electronic games, music and programming for MTV Networks. "It's an incredible musical statement, and a real workout on keyboard, guitar and vocals in Rock Band 3. We're very excited to confirm it as one of the first downloads for our new game, and to help our fans celebrate John's 70th birthday with its release."

As previously announced, The Doors will kick off Rock Band 3 downloadable content Oct. 22, but Harmonix and MTV Games have quite a line-up to follow that debut. Adding to an already impressive catalog of more than 2,000* songs available on the Rock Band platform, including music from John Lennon, The Doors, Bon Jovi and Billy Joel will also be among the first available for download through the Rock Band 3 Music Store after the game launches Oct. 26 in the United States and Oct. 29 in the rest of the world.

In addition, fans that purchase Rock Band 3 and play online during the first week the game is available (Oct. 26 – Nov. 1) can download a free three-pack of songs from The Doors that feature Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades. The free pack, which is available only through the Rock Band 3 in-game Music Store, includes “Light My Fire,” “Riders on the Storm” and “Touch Me,” and incorporates five-button guitar and bass, Drums, Pro Drums and Keys, Pro Keys and harmonies, where applicable, as well as a free expansion that will add Pro Guitar and Pro Bass parts. A nine-pack of songs from The Doors will also be available for download that week. This includes some of the classic rockers’ most-loved songs, like “Hello, I Love You,” “L.A. Woman,” “Love Her Madly” and “Roadhouse Blues,” all featuring Drums, Pro Drums, five-button guitar and bass parts and, where applicable, harmonies and Keys/Pro Keys parts.

In the coming weeks, packs of some of the greatest hits from both Billy Joel and Bon Jovi will also be added to the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content. Be sure to stay tuned to RockBand.com for more information.

To date, Rock Band fans have downloaded more than 75 million songs from the Rock Band Music Store, and the Rock Band Network Music Store. With more than 2,000* tracks available in the Rock Band platform, Harmonix and MTV Games stand next to none as the leading providers of downloadable content for rhythm video games. Rock Band pioneered offering content in a variety of ways, through on-disc game play, game export, downloadable content and the Rock Band Network. The Rock Band platform allows fans to interact with their favorite music in a unique and hands-on way, and also gives artists the ability to reach fans through a whole new channel.
    Highly anticipated this holiday season, Rock Band 3 delivers the deepest Rock Band experience yet with an incredible 83-song setlist and the addition of keyboards, vocal harmonies and the all-new Pro Mode. The game will be available Oct. 26, in North America and Oct. 29 in the rest of world for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo Wii™ and Nintendo DS™.

Developed by Harmonix, published by MTV Games and distributed by Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), Rock Band 3 will be compatible with all Rock Band™ and The Beatles™: Rock Band™ peripherals, as well as most Guitar Hero® and other authorized third-party music video game peripherals and microphones. Pro Mode requires Rock Band Pro-compatible instrument controllers. Mad Catz is the official, licensed peripheral manufacturer and distributor for Rock Band 3 game controllers. Rock Band Pro Guitar mode is compatible with the Rock Band 3 Fender™ Mustang™ PRO-Guitar™ Controller and the Rock Band 3 Squier® by Fender Stratocaster® Guitar Controller (manufactured and distributed by Fender). Find more information on how to pre-order Rock Band 3 today here.

For Rock Band 3 art and video assets, please visit http://www.rockband.com/press.

Follow Rock Band on Twitter (http://twitter.com/rockband) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/rockband).

*Available on-disc, via download and disc export. Internet connection and key purchase required. Wii has more than 1,500 song tracks available for purchase on the Rock Band platform on-disc, via song import, and download. Not applicable to Nintendo DS.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    corin7corin7 San Diego, CARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Yeah wow. HMX is just fucking knocking out of the park right now. Really just making every right move, it is amazing to watch. I am going to be so broke.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    JOHN LENNON DLC?!?!?
    HMX wrote:
    JOHN LENNON’S LEGENDARY IMAGINE ALBUM AMONG THE FIRST OF ROCK BAND™3 DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT

John Lennon, The Doors, Billy Joel and Bon Jovi Headline Epic Roster of Upcoming Rock Band 3 Downloadable Songs

Rock Band 3 to Rock the World on Oct. 26, 2010,
    with More Than 2,000* Songs Available to Fans at Launch

Cambridge, MA – Oct. 25, 2010 – Raising the bar once again for interactive music games with the addition of groundbreaking new features that include keyboards, vocal harmonies and Rock Band Pro Mode, Harmonix Music Systems Inc., the world’s premier music video game developer, and MTV Games, a part of Viacom’s MTV Networks (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), today proudly announced that Imagine, the timeless album from John Lennon, will be among the first albums released as Rock Band™ 3 downloadable content.

"The songs on John Lennon's Imagine run the gamut from beautiful piano-driven ballads like ‘Jealous Guy’ to all-out guitar rockers like ‘Gimme Some Truth’,” said Paul DeGooyer, senior vice president of electronic games, music and programming for MTV Networks. "It's an incredible musical statement, and a real workout on keyboard, guitar and vocals in Rock Band 3. We're very excited to confirm it as one of the first downloads for our new game, and to help our fans celebrate John's 70th birthday with its release."

As previously announced, The Doors will kick off Rock Band 3 downloadable content Oct. 22, but Harmonix and MTV Games have quite a line-up to follow that debut. Adding to an already impressive catalog of more than 2,000* songs available on the Rock Band platform, including music from John Lennon, The Doors, Bon Jovi and Billy Joel will also be among the first available for download through the Rock Band 3 Music Store after the game launches Oct. 26 in the United States and Oct. 29 in the rest of the world.

In addition, fans that purchase Rock Band 3 and play online during the first week the game is available (Oct. 26 – Nov. 1) can download a free three-pack of songs from The Doors that feature Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades. The free pack, which is available only through the Rock Band 3 in-game Music Store, includes “Light My Fire,” “Riders on the Storm” and “Touch Me,” and incorporates five-button guitar and bass, Drums, Pro Drums and Keys, Pro Keys and harmonies, where applicable, as well as a free expansion that will add Pro Guitar and Pro Bass parts. A nine-pack of songs from The Doors will also be available for download that week. This includes some of the classic rockers’ most-loved songs, like “Hello, I Love You,” “L.A. Woman,” “Love Her Madly” and “Roadhouse Blues,” all featuring Drums, Pro Drums, five-button guitar and bass parts and, where applicable, harmonies and Keys/Pro Keys parts.

In the coming weeks, packs of some of the greatest hits from both Billy Joel and Bon Jovi will also be added to the Rock Band Music Store of downloadable content. Be sure to stay tuned to RockBand.com for more information.

To date, Rock Band fans have downloaded more than 75 million songs from the Rock Band Music Store, and the Rock Band Network Music Store. With more than 2,000* tracks available in the Rock Band platform, Harmonix and MTV Games stand next to none as the leading providers of downloadable content for rhythm video games. Rock Band pioneered offering content in a variety of ways, through on-disc game play, game export, downloadable content and the Rock Band Network. The Rock Band platform allows fans to interact with their favorite music in a unique and hands-on way, and also gives artists the ability to reach fans through a whole new channel.
    Highly anticipated this holiday season, Rock Band 3 delivers the deepest Rock Band experience yet with an incredible 83-song setlist and the addition of keyboards, vocal harmonies and the all-new Pro Mode. The game will be available Oct. 26, in North America and Oct. 29 in the rest of world for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, Nintendo Wii™ and Nintendo DS™.

Developed by Harmonix, published by MTV Games and distributed by Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), Rock Band 3 will be compatible with all Rock Band™ and The Beatles™: Rock Band™ peripherals, as well as most Guitar Hero® and other authorized third-party music video game peripherals and microphones. Pro Mode requires Rock Band Pro-compatible instrument controllers. Mad Catz is the official, licensed peripheral manufacturer and distributor for Rock Band 3 game controllers. Rock Band Pro Guitar mode is compatible with the Rock Band 3 Fender™ Mustang™ PRO-Guitar™ Controller and the Rock Band 3 Squier® by Fender Stratocaster® Guitar Controller (manufactured and distributed by Fender). Find more information on how to pre-order Rock Band 3 today here.

For Rock Band 3 art and video assets, please visit http://www.rockband.com/press.

Follow Rock Band on Twitter (http://twitter.com/rockband) and Facebook (www.facebook.com/rockband).

*Available on-disc, via download and disc export. Internet connection and key purchase required. Wii has more than 1,500 song tracks available for purchase on the Rock Band platform on-disc, via song import, and download. Not applicable to Nintendo DS.

What's with the question marks? The press release makes it a statement of fact.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Even though they OBVIOUSLY are going to release a bunch of full albums, it's really nice to see that press release read "Imagine to be one of the first ALBUMS released for Rock Band 3."

Plural.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    the past few weeks' DLC experience has been pretty surreal

now I'm waiting for Flood to be announced out of left field to complete the circle

edit: and George Harrison/more Paul McCartney

MrDelish on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    The contrast between Rock Band and Guitar Hero is just comical at this point. I really hope Rock Band 3 sales reflect it.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    mxmarks wrote: »
    Even though they OBVIOUSLY are going to release a bunch of full albums, it's really nice to see that press release read "Imagine to be one of the first ALBUMS released for Rock Band 3."

Plural.

Actually, albums aren't really an especially good idea. At least from the point of view of song choice. Few bands or albums are all-or-nothing must haves. Most people just pick the 'hits' anyway.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just that it's not really that big a deal. The better packs (Who, Iron Maiden, Queen (presumably The Doors)) were more of the greatest hits variety anyway.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    EndaroEndaro Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Hmm...I'm a big fan of John Lennon's solo work, but I think a Best Of pack would have worked better. I don't know that I'll pick up anything beyond Jealous Guy and Gimme Some Truth.

Instant Karma!, Watching the Wheels, Mother, Love, Whatever Gets You Through the Night, and Stand By Me would have been nice.

Maybe in the future?

Edit: Maybe I'll get How Do You Sleep?...but it's such a sad/mean song. Will be interesting to have in a setlist up against the live McCartney songs.

Endaro on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Plural.

Actually, albums aren't really an especially good idea. At least from the point of view of song choice. Few bands or albums are all-or-nothing must haves. Most people just pick the 'hits' anyway.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, just that it's not really that big a deal. The better packs (Who, Iron Maiden, Queen (presumably The Doors)) were more of the greatest hits variety anyway.

Yeah I totally agree. We also rarely want to play more than a couple songs from any band at a party. Still totally buying Imagine.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm kind of thinking that if we don't get RB2 import/export info by tomorrow, it's going to end up more like the Free 20 thing. In that they didn't really make it available until a few months after release.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Plural.

Well, not every album can be Moving Pictures. :)

Fawst on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I'm kind of thinking that if we don't get RB2 import/export info by tomorrow, it's going to end up more like the Free 20 thing. In that they didn't really make it available until a few months after release.

The info is going up today. They said if doesn't go up before the drop the web site today they will put it out via twitter.

corin7 on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Moving What Now?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wait

so I hadn't heard this before
    Spare foot pedals can be attached to the back of the RB2, TB:RB, and RB3 drum set “mystery port.” Once connected, it serves as a double bass pedal automatically (no option toggling necessary). You can enable in the options to use it as a hi-hat pedal, although it will only be used during drum fills.

...does Pro drums not allow you to make use of the hi-hat pedal to play open and closed hits? I thought that was sort of the whole point

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Just for fills.

Arikado on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    corin7 wrote: »

The info is going up today. They said if doesn't go up before the drop the web site today they will put it out via twitter.

Hmm... Okay, I guess. The Forums are a clusterfuck today, anyway. I doubt I'll get any useful information from there. RBN updates may be delayed if shit goes really haywire.

On the note of exports: Probably the only song I'd be upset if it didn't make it would be Lazy Eye. Lots of good stuff on the disc, but that one is just so much fun to try and play on the guitar. If it does transfer, then maybe one of these days I'll get through those weird quickstrum bits.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Wait

Spare foot pedals can be attached to the back of the RB2, TB:RB, and RB3 drum set “mystery port.” Once connected, it serves as a double bass pedal automatically (no option toggling necessary). You can enable in the options to use it as a hi-hat pedal, although it will only be used during drum fills.

...does Pro drums not allow you to make use of the hi-hat pedal to play open and closed hits? I thought that was sort of the whole point

Nah, the whole point of Pro drums is to make cymbals mandatory and to reflect this in the note streams.

The open/closed hi-hat protion is relegated to a touch of flavor to the drum fill sections.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Wait

Nah, the whole point of Pro drums is to make cymbals mandatory and to reflect this in the note streams.

The open/closed hi-hat protion is relegated to a touch of flavor to the drum fill sections.

Same deal with using the second pedal for bass drum. It doesn't do anything in-game other than allow you to use your other foot for the kicks.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    the hi hat thing is dissapointing. With the notes being yellow for closed and open for blue, there's no real way for me to practice it, using rock band.

For the past year or so Ive been playing "pro drums" on my own by just using the cymbals for cymbals and pads for toms. It's helped a lot when I sit at a real drum set, but I still cant grasp the hi hat in real life. I cant treat the hi hat like that, and just do it on my own, because open AND closed will be two different cymbals, when obviously in reality its the same one. I was hoping this would help me out...bummer.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow