The holiday hangout will go online tomorrow! If there's anything in the regular subforums that you're going to want to access over the holidays, copy it now while it's still accessible.
Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Issue with InstallShield

BlutrasereiBlutraserei Registered User regular
I'm having some real trouble trying to install F.E.A.R. again for another playthrough. I keep getting an error: "-5006 : 0x8000ffff has occured while running the setup."

I have tried everything that Google searches come up with: clearing temp folders, deleting/renaming the InstallShield folder in Common Files, etc.

Is there anyone out there who has experienced this problem and fixed it? This isn't the first time it's happened either. It's happened with Hitman: Blood Money, and a few others.

Blutraserei on
Tttnl.jpg

• DOOMocratDOOMocrat Registered User
    edited October 2010
    Download the Ultimate Boot CD from www.ultimatebootcd.com, or if running Windows 7 Google how to run the onboard Windows Memory Diagnostic. If you keep getting CRC errors like that, there's a possibility you might have bad RAM. I would also run the hard drive diagnostic on that CD (manufacturer specific) while you're at it.

Sorry for the bad news. :/

• BlutrasereiBlutraserei Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    DOOMocrat wrote: »
    Download the Ultimate Boot CD from www.ultimatebootcd.com, or if running Windows 7 Google how to run the onboard Windows Memory Diagnostic. If you keep getting CRC errors like that, there's a possibility you might have bad RAM. I would also run the hard drive diagnostic on that CD (manufacturer specific) while you're at it.

Sorry for the bad news. :/

Fffffffuuuuucck. :x

Will do. Thanks for the suggestions. I'll get on it.

Tttnl.jpg