As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Oh [chat]...

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Winky! What are you doing this coming weekend? I have a Halloween party on one of the nights (but I forget which) and so might be free to do stuff on the others. Plus I don't have class Saturday morning so I'm free to be stupid on Friday night!

moniker on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Incenjucar wrote: »
    LoL seriously needs more tanks. There are way too few and most seem to be outright hybrids. :(

Also a girl tank. Really they should just revamp Kayle.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    kayle doesn't need a revamping

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Also I've pretty much decided I'm going to buy Soraka. Too much fun not to get.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Oh man the rain has finally stopped.

Where should I go.

I need to be not indoors for a couple of hours.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Where should I go.

A park. Have sex in the wet leaves.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Arivia wrote: »
    LoL seriously needs more tanks. There are way too few and most seem to be outright hybrids. :(

Also a girl tank. Really they should just revamp Kayle.

Yes. Ladytanks are definitely needed. Ladytanks and fireguys and snaketossers.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    moniker wrote: »
    Winky! What are you doing this coming weekend? I have a Halloween party on one of the nights (but I forget which) and so might be free to do stuff on the others. Plus I don't have class Saturday morning so I'm free to be stupid on Friday night!

Next weekend I'm having a Halloween party at my mom's house. Maybe we could hang out Friday night, though.

Winky on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Where should I go.

Every time I see you post, you're saying something filthy.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Sex is not a thing in my life.

Though I totally know some great spots for that.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    why dont they make those xbox 360 controller PC recievers anymore, i want one
    thats dumb

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    Aroused BullAroused Bull Registered User regular
    edited October 2010

Where should I go.

Go for a walk through the oldest part of your city.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Where should I go.

Seattle Underground is closed on Sundays. :(

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Winky wrote: »

Next weekend I'm having a Halloween party at my mom's house. Maybe we could hang out Friday night, though.

Your mom in a sexy halloween costume you say? :winky:

moniker on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010

I had to google this and wow that is so cool!

It's like old new york in Futurama, only not a cartoon.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Honestly, if you had nothing better to do on Halloween I would invite you, though it seems that you do and you probably don't want to spend the hour and a half getting to Crystal Lake.

Winky on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    wazilla wrote: »
    singed is more of a hybrid tank/non-ranged caster

Whoever told you this is lying and is a liar. A horrible horrible liar.

he's tough, sure, but that doesn't make him not a hybrid

But he isn't a hybrid in any meaningful sense of the word. If you build him as some type of AP tank you aren't going to have the durability to make it out of a fling alive. Sure, you build a rod of ages, but that's to abuse his passive first, and only for the AP second as a nice bonus to keep your damage somewhat relevant mid-game. However in long games your damage scales too poorly... especially when compared to how well your survivability scales.

Singed is one of the few champs that has the ability to attain "unkillable" status. It's a thing of beauty to not be killed with 4 enemy's attacking you

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Honk wrote: »

It is part of my giant list of plans to check out when I can get one of my ladies here for longer than a weekend.

I have about twenty years of plans.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Where should I go.

Yeah, wet leaves are gross.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

But he isn't a hybrid in any meaningful sense of the word. If you build him as some type of AP tank you aren't going to have the durability to make it out of a fling alive. Sure, you build a rod of ages, but that's to abuse his passive first, and only for the AP second as a nice bonus to keep your damage somewhat relevant mid-game. However in long games your damage scales too poorly... especially when compared to how well your survivability scales.

Singed is one of the few champs that has the ability to attain "unkillable" status. It's a thing of beauty to not be killed with 4 enemy's attacking you

I haven't tried that

I don't get almost nothing but AP on him, but I definitely try to get a zhonya's after the rod and some defensive items

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010

Honestly, if you had nothing better to do on Halloween I would invite you, though it seems that you do and you probably don't want to spend the hour and a half getting to Crystal Lake.

Ch ch ch ch... ah ah ah ah... :whistle:

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Where should I go.

Load an MP3 player with smooth jazz and roam around the docks being introspective and trying not to get mugged.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I've been invited to a "My Divorce is Finalized" party. A shame I have to meet with clients then.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2010
    Honk wrote: »

It is part of my giant list of plans to check out when I can get one of my ladies here for longer than a weekend.

I have about twenty years of plans.

I have a plan to visit Antarctica sometime, but it is so expensive and also takes maybe a couple more weeks than is easy to put away all at once. :?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yeah, but we (and Patty and Mike) should try and meet up at some point and do something fun; it's been awhile. I'll let you know if Friday works as I find out myself.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    No-Quarter wrote: »

Apparently the girl I'm dating used to do mailing for an archaeologist and she had to send a few letters to a Dr. Vorhees who lived in Crystal Lake.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Load an MP3 player with smooth jazz and roam around the docks being introspective and trying not to get mugged.

Aside from the MP3 player (I just play music in my head anyways) this is probably what I will end up doing.

Never been mugged though. I'm not really anyone's #1 target for mugging.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yeah, but we (and Patty and Mike) should try and meet up at some point and do something fun; it's been awhile. I'll let you know if Friday works as I find out myself.

The only problem is that our schedules are horrible now. There's almost no chance you're going to get the three of us all together :(.

Winky on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

The only problem is that our schedules are horrible now. There's almost no chance you're going to get the three of us all together :(.

Yeah, I know. It sucks when you have to break out a calendar to meet friends for a beer.

moniker on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I haven't tried that

I don't get almost nothing but AP on him, but I definitely try to get a zhonya's after the rod and some defensive items

If you can manage to get a warmogs and a force of nature after your rod of ages then you are set pretty nicely. Especially with the defensive tree mastery that increases health regen as a percentage of your mana pool. Of course filling in armor where necessary. GA is usually nice for that or a randuins.

I guess what it comes down to is that I feel on Singed you simply don't have room for magic penetration items so the middling AP you are able to attain while still remaining beefy can be easily shut down by a banshee's veil or even in some cases merc treads.

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Aside from the MP3 player (I just play music in my head anyways) this is probably what I will end up doing.

I don't even own an MP3 player, but I always assumed playing music constantly in my head while walking was one of my personal insanities rather than a general one.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    No-Quarter wrote: »

Apparently the girl I'm dating used to do mailing for an archaeologist and she had to send a few letters to a Dr. Vorhees who lived in Crystal Lake.

I should bookmark this for when they find your dismembered corpses.

And I'll be all like "CALLED IT!!!"

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I haven't tried that

If you can manage to get a warmogs and a force of nature after your rod of ages then you are set pretty nicely. Especially with the defensive tree mastery that increases health regen as a percentage of your mana pool. Of course filling in armor where necessary. GA is usually nice for that or a randuins.

I guess what it comes down to is that I feel on Singed you simply don't have room for magic penetration items so the middling AP you are able to attain while still remaining beefy can be easily shut down by a banshee's veil or even in some cases merc treads.
    I think that's the main difference

I play singed with a standard caster build

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I don't even own an MP3 player, but I always assumed playing music constantly in my head while walking was one of my personal insanities rather than a general one.

I picked up the habit due to my job. I need to keep my ears on my work while game testing (nobody else does, but I'm more professional than they are), so I play music in my head to keep myself from breaking things.

And now it's just a thing I do.

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Where the hell is Will?

I am trying to get him to maybe play some LoL with me.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited October 2010

You've never heard people whistling while they walked around?

moniker on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

I picked up the habit due to my job. I need to keep my ears on my work while game testing (nobody else does, but I'm more professional than they are), so I play music in my head to keep myself from breaking things.

And now it's just a thing I do.

I do this as well, of course for me its difficult to change the "track selection."

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I think that's the main difference

I play singed with a standard caster build

Oh... well... in that case, blitzcrank does what singed does but better. Terrifying early game especially.

wazilla on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

You've never heard people whistling while they walked around?

Obviously. But I get music in my head to a distracting level. Original compositions, a lot of the time. Not very good ones. It's something of an annoyance for me.

Aroused Bull on
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Where should I go.

It's great, isn't it?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.