As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

It's Vegas, Baby!

• FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sneak attack criticals + a rad as fuck bow were all you needed to annihilate things in Oblivion.

I enchanted a bow with basically every damage type over 3 seconds, and soul trap for 4 seconds.

Hello bow that just owns everything.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So all of the sudden I get this error:
    "This game relies on download-able content that is no longer available. Some objects may no longer be available. Continue loading?"

Yes or No, it invalidated
    EVERY
    save.

Fuck this. Time for a refund.
    Bethesda: You fucked up.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited November 2010
    That's fucked up.

Tube on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well blame Obsidian more than Bethesda, but that still sucks a huge one dude.

Cilla Black on
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I'm not starting all over this far in. Fucking stupid.
    Oh well.
    On to Fable 3 I guess

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I got that in Fallout 3 actually and it completely wiped all of my saves as well. Was very frustrating. It's why in NV I never bothered downloading the Caravan DLC or whatever it was I got. Actually now I think of it in 3 playthroughs I've had no problems with corrupted saves. I wonder if the DLC is related.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
    edited November 2010
    Who knows. But someone at Oblivion or Bethesda should be fired for this.
    It's fucking basic.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just got a powerfist and bloody mess

them nightkins had a bad day

PiptheFair on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Veronica is ridiculous.

One punching everything ever.

101 on
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    101 wrote: »
    Veronica is ridiculous.

I'm not entirely sure what to think about Felicia Day in the regular stuff she does but I love her as Veronica.

Cilla Black on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    FirmSkater wrote: »
    Sneak attack criticals + a rad as fuck bow were all you needed to annihilate things in Oblivion.

I enchanted a bow with basically every damage type over 3 seconds, and soul trap for 4 seconds.

Yeah I did that too but on the final missions you get swarmed with bad asses and go down fast. Unless you set the difficulty slider to Ultimate fucking pussy mode... Actually I think what I did was use the editor to create a stupid-powerful healing spell to cast on myself (ie cheated).

jwalk on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    jwalk wrote: »
    FirmSkater wrote: »

Yeah I did that too but on the final missions you get swarmed with bad asses and go down fast. Unless you set the difficulty slider to Ultimate fucking pussy mode... Actually I think what I did was use the editor to create a stupid-powerful healing spell to cast on myself (ie cheated).

see

your problem clearly wasnt having a cameleon suit. Nothing can hit you if they cant see you

Buttcleft on
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    100% chameleon? nah that is just broken... I only had like 86%..

and the invis spell...

Actually the mage was good with invis too, cast a pet, cast invis.. repeat..

By the way if you do the Fisto mission you can find him in the Wrangler and pump him for 10 caps at a time, over and over... I guess you his pimp?

jwalk on
  • AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I got that in Fallout 3 actually and it completely wiped all of my saves as well. Was very frustrating. It's why in NV I never bothered downloading the Caravan DLC or whatever it was I got. Actually now I think of it in 3 playthroughs I've had no problems with corrupted saves. I wonder if the DLC is related.

It's not DLC related. It happens to people that didn't have any of the pre-order DLCs. It's the most discussed bug right now. It pretty much seems to reliably happen some time after the Come Fly with Me quest or doing anything in Vault 3. They supposedly put the patch for it into certification just this week, so hopefully it's done for.

Aneurhythmia on
    edited November 2010
    Veronica is ridiculous.

I'm not entirely sure what to think about Felicia Day in the regular stuff she does but I love her as Veronica.

I haven't seen a lot of her other stuff, but here her voice acting is great

101 on
  • grouch993grouch993 Both a man and a numberRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

It's not DLC related. It happens to people that didn't have any of the pre-order DLCs. It's the most discussed bug right now. It pretty much seems to reliably happen some time after the Come Fly with Me quest or doing anything in Vault 3. They supposedly put the patch for it into certification just this week, so hopefully it's done for.

Interesting. My game went to hell during and after the come fly with me missions. Rolled back a few hours and have been avoiding that part. Just periodic hard lockups now.

Not sure that valve would refund a purchase. Could try to contest the charges via the VISA card, but that would probably be difficult.

grouch993 on
    Steam Profile Origin grouchiy
    edited November 2010
    If I give my companion faction armor will they be attacked by enemies of that faction? or is it just my armor that counts?

ok brahim are attacking me I am confused

101 on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The House Always Wins is done

Now who should I side with

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited November 2010
    can you upgrade ed-e or give em weapons or something

PiptheFair on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    PiptheFair wrote: »

well
    after you track down the brotherhood and or followers, they can upgrade his sensors and I think they boost his armor rating, too

Abracadaniel on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If I give my companion faction armor will they be attacked by enemies of that faction? or is it just my armor that counts?

companions cannot wear armor tagged with a faction

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited November 2010

There are some hostile Brahmin, including an incredibly weird one murdering a bunch of non-hostile molerats somewhere.

Aegeri on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dichotomy wrote: »

unless it's boone and ncr armor

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Once you get ED-E to start playing back mission logs you can take it to either the Followers who upgrade his laser or the Brotherhood who upgrade his armor.

When you do you lose everything you have ED-E holding so take everything back before you drop it off.

Borommakot on
  • MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dubh wrote: »

or veronica and brotherhood armour.

Melding on
    edited November 2010
    well I never used Boone or Veronica so I wouldn't know that, would I

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited November 2010
    Well it just makes sense if you are part of a faction, or were, you'd be able to use their stuff.

Melding on
    edited November 2010
    Veronica is one of the only characters who can wear Power Armor (Boone is another, because he can wear NCR Salvaged Power Armor - but I believe you will have to murder one for it).

What is REALLY annoying is they cannot even carry the armor with them. They just drop it. So you have to carry a lot of faction related stuff yourself.

Aegeri on
    edited November 2010
    Melding wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »

or veronica and brotherhood armour.

This is why I'm asking.
    Though I'm not even sure the Brotherhood have attack on sight enemies?

101 on
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Has anyone found any foolproof methods to killing an Ncr veteran ranger without consequence?

I want that armor so bad, I've even been trying to push them off the cliffs at forlorn hope

Scudo on
    edited November 2010
    The NCR will attack you on sight if you are in Brotherhood power armor IIRC.
    Borommakot wrote: »
    Once you get ED-E to start playing back mission logs you can take it to either the Followers who upgrade his laser or the Brotherhood who upgrade his armor.

When you do you lose everything you have ED-E holding so take everything back before you drop it off.

The reason this happens is because it spawns a new ED-E - not the old one. The original ED-E is destroyed and gone forever, you actually have an entirely new companion with whatever the upgrade is replacing him.

Edit: A long range sniper killshot where nobody can see you is the best way.

Aegeri on
    edited November 2010
    I managed to reverse-pickpocket a grenade onto an NCR ranger with stealth boy and stealth magazine without any rep loss

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited November 2010
    If they don't see you it doesn't matter. I killed half of the legions camp in stealth before they even had an inkling what was up. Grenades in pants are by far the most efficient way of doing this however.

Aegeri on
    edited November 2010
    Scudo wrote: »
    Has anyone found any foolproof methods to killing an Ncr veteran ranger without consequence?

I want that armor so bad, I've even been trying to push them off the cliffs at forlorn hope

talk to the retired ranger in novac and follow up at ranger station charlie

PiptheFair on
  • BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Scudo wrote: »

Find one sleeping in the hotel and sneak attack him with a ballistic fist or any other melee weapon, it probably has to be in one hit to keep the ranger from alerting everyone else though.

Borommakot on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    sniper rifle at range with a sneak attack critical can take care of rangers without repricutions

Buttcleft on
  • ScudoScudo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I need to re-try the long range killshot then. I've tried one-hitting the ones in the outposts at forlorn hope, but even though I got the one hit sneak crit kill, the whole camp turned on me. Will try the ones at camp golf, maybe they're less finicky

Scudo on
    edited November 2010
    Veronica is one of the only characters who can wear Power Armor (Boone is another, because he can wear NCR Salvaged Power Armor - but I believe you will have to murder one for it).

What is REALLY annoying is they cannot even carry the armor with them. They just drop it. So you have to carry a lot of faction related stuff yourself.

That's not true at all.

ScreenShot11.jpg

note: only mod on there is the one that lets you have unlimited companions.

Melding on
    edited November 2010
    haha, who's the poor fucker with the t-45d

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    No one will wear the hooker outfits I give them.

Ashcroft on
    ZD98Zka.png
This discussion has been closed.