Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[PTA] Bide - Dead Game is Dead, See Last Post

13468915

Posts

  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Aw, man. I hate it when that happens, Spoit.

    [Bide] [Otto Pine]
    066MS.png

    Otto and Gideon decide to enjoy the boat ride over standing as close to the front of the boat they can and enjoying the sea spray. When they arrive at the island, He takes a deep breath of air, and exhales with a: "Now this is what the Sevii Islands should be like!"

    responding to the girls question over where to go first, Otto cracks his knuckles, lost in thought. "Berry forest. Definitely."

    Gideon looks at his trainer, and decides to copy him, pounding his fist into his palm and shouting a "Chop!"

  • simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Johanna Huggett]
    donburi.png

    Johanna seems to be incertain of where she wants to go. She knows from her research that Dunsparce aren't exactly the most exciting pokemans of all, but she also knows that berries aren't exactly that interesting to her, from an investigative perspective. Besides, didn't the girl mention other pokemans besides the Dunsparce were flitting around this island still? It would seem almost a no-brainer to go down the pathway to more pokemans, perhaps discovering species never seen outside textbooks before!

    Unfortunately, it seems everyone else has come to a different conclusion. Even Donburi had perked up immediately at the mention of berries, and was now tugging at Johanna's shorts leg, repeatedly saying, "Munch!"

    She opens her mouth to say something, but is interjected by Otto and Narcissus making it clear through their machismo that the time has come for berry searching. She coughs, instead, looks into the distance for a moment, before nodding.

    "Sure," she says, "We'll still have time to go check out the Dunsparce habitat afterwards, right?"

    Uj3Ujoh.jpg
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] Jamie [|||||||||-]190MS.png

    Jamie flits from shelf to shelf, debating on what to get with all this credit they had. It was almost as much as she’d been able to gather for this trip after months of doing ranger errands!

    One thing in particular that had caught her attention was a complete set of heavy duty ranger gear, similar to what some of the higher ups in goldenrod had, including one of those scouter things. Unfortunately, even with both the credit and all the money she had been able to save up, she could barely even afford half of the price tag, so regretfully, she put it back on the shelf.

    Jamie browsed some of the clothes, but it seems like the only things they stocked were swimwear and floral pattern shirts that were louder than an enraged loudred. Besides, as it was her pack was already pretty full enough, and it looked like the other trainer was already wrapping up his shopping anyway.

    Walking over to the TM stand that Mitch had just finished looking at, Handy jumps and pulls at her pant leg.

    “Aipom, Ai!” The monkey points to the TM stand and starts swinging his arms in circles.

    “I’m sorry Handy, but I don’t I can afford Surf, and even if they did, I don’t think that you can learn it.” Jamie said, with a shake of her head.

    “Pom pom Ai!” Jumping up on the stand, the monkey takes a more proactive stance, picking up the dig TM to show his trainer.

    “Dig?” Jamie frowns, “But that would use up all the money in the voucher.”

    Seeing his trainer waffle, the monkey takes matters into it’s own three hands, again, and runs towards the entrance, TM still in hand. Lamenting not even getting a chance to take a look at the stand which advertised the specialty devon balls, not to mention the special tropical ball seals, Jamie goes to pay for her pokemon’s ‘purchase’. Following her pokemon outside, she meets back up with the other trainer.

    “Well, shopping took a lot less time that I thought it would. [tiny]Or wanted it to[/tiny]. There’s still quite a bit of time until the shellderbake, what are you going to do?”

    Not waiting for his answer, Jamie digs out the itinerary and looks at the options. The bridge and Berry Forest on Kin island didn’t sound that interesting. And she didn’t even want to imagine what kind of monkey business Handy would get up to if they went to the gamecorner on this island.

    That advertisement for the hot springs on Knot island though…Would be just the thing to relax after all this running around today. Plus, they had pictures of pony(ta)s in the nearby Kindle Road!

    “How does Knot island sound?”

    camo_sig2.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    No time to update tonight unfortunately, got a good deal of things to finish by Wednesday and then pretty much absolutely nothing for the next four days due to veteran's day. Ah, scheduling.

    Both of the current subgroups are about to be in locations where you will most likely be running into wild pokemon. I've decided to at least take the time to look over all your character and pokemon pages. Seem to look pretty good, with a few errors.

    Whyther: Gideon seems to be gaining 5 HP extra HP every level, instead of 1 extra HP per level. Essentially, Gideon should have 20 less HP than he currently has. (HP formula for this game is HP = level + 10 + 3*HP stat)

    I'd also appreciate it if the players who have not transferred their wanted pokemon list to the wiki do so. It's easier for me to be able to look up everything in one place, and also easier for you to be sure your changes are noticed if you decide to swap out pokemon on your list.



    Finally, some bulbapedia wiki links for your perusal about the destinations you'll shortly be traveling to:

    Kin Island: Bond Bridge, Berry Forest.

    Knot Island: Kindle Road, Treasure Beach

    You can generally assume that the wild pokemon listings on bulbapedia match up with information on the routes available in your pokedexes, though the actual pokemon present may differ slightly. Most of the information on pokedexes are essentially in wiki format due to how the information is gathered, after all.

  • simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I actually had a question, Rawk - since our Pokemen are level 5, do they have a total of +5 bonus points on their base stats, or do they have only +4? I was incertain and went with +4, but I think I've seen other starters with +5, I do not know, so confused.

    Uj3Ujoh.jpg
  • Elemental KnightElemental Knight Registered User
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Mitch Raimer] porygon_tiny.png

    <Glad it's not just me who's such a sucker. At least Pei's a little more polite about it. ...Barely.>

    Mitch pulls out his own itinerary after being asked about Knot Island, and folds it over to that section (badly mis-folding a few other creases in the process). "Hot springs, wild Pokemon... Sounds nice, actually. Mind if I tag along? I, uh, didn't really have any other plans."

  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    simonwolf wrote: »
    I actually had a question, Rawk - since our Pokemen are level 5, do they have a total of +5 bonus points on their base stats, or do they have only +4? I was incertain and went with +4, but I think I've seen other starters with +5, I do not know, so confused.

    It should only be +4 bonus points, so if anybody has added 5 they should change that as well.

  • simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I was also slightly confused because the Team Pyre character that Marsh posted has +5 total, and I assume they would know the game better than anyone else around here, maybe why not

    Uj3Ujoh.jpg
  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Update the wiki with my pokemon wish list. I look forward to seeing what sort of adventures the group will get into, this has been really fun so far.

    My Games

    GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life

    Spoiler:
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    simonwolf wrote: »
    Yeah, I was also slightly confused because the Team Pyre character that Marsh posted has +5 total, and I assume they would know the game better than anyone else around here, maybe why not

    You'd think so, wouldn't you? :P

  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I was going to fix everything yesterday, but my computer shut down as I clicked the edit button on the wiki. Health, Stats, and Wanted Pokémon are all fixed.

  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Update is being cooked up as we speak.

    You know, is Johanna going to have a reaction to the other researcher having a first name of Mitch?

  • simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Clenching the bat a little tighter

    holding back the urge to bash until his brains are spread across the turf for metres around

    Uj3Ujoh.jpg
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Knot Island]

    “All aboard the Seagallop High Speed 4!”

    Jamie and Mitch gingerly step off the vessel..or at least try to. Jamie can maneuver into a better, but less stable, position on the boat and hop off, but Mitch has it worse. After extreme trouble trying to climb up onto the makeshift dock, one of seagallop crew boost him up awkwardly.

    The town of one island is especially deserted. Only the pokemon net center shows signs of being opened, the same symbol as the global trade station on its entrance instead of the standard pokeball motif. Closed-down seaside shacks, some boarded shut, others just empty, surround the perimeter of the town.

    Reaching the northeastern edge of the town, a large, empty beach, Jamie and Mitch are greeted by an over 6-foot-tall, blonde haired man wearing red swim trunks, goggles, and a rubber pokeball belt.

    “Hey dudes! I hear you want to visit the hot springs! But to get there…we’ve gotta get wet.”

    “So…boogie board or inner tube?” he points to piles of each.



    [Kin Island, Bond Bridge]

    The group progresses towards Bond Bridge is uneventful; despite how much time it takes for the newbie trainers to climb the rocky path leading to the bridge, no pokemon bother them during their ascent. They reach the bridge.

    “HEY ROBBY! WHERE ARE YA, DEAR!” the female guide shouts out.

    An audible sigh is heard from under the bridge as a man wearing the distinctive light blue and azure uniform of the sevii island rangers emerges from under it. He quickly slips into previously unnoticed sandals on the beach, at the same time collapsing the fishing rod he was using into a surprisingly compact form.

    “Robby, these nice guests would like to pick berries in the forest!”

    The man sighs yet again and pauses for a moment, considering something. “Yeah, ok, I know a good enough spot.” he finally replies in a rather monotone voice. Stepping onto the simple palm wood bridge, he leads the way into the forest.

    [15] Forte licks Ripley from behind, and when met with reprisal the gastly simply glances towards a clump of grass behind the group knowingly. Ripley spots the glint of a pair of eyes reflecting off the sunlight. Something is watching him.


    Do you guys prefer dice rolls to be in the alternate color or just in the standard yellow green?

  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [JonForest]SquirtleSmallSprite.gif

    A bit more worn out from the journey than he'd like to admit, up until now hiking up rocky paths hadn't held much appeal for Jon, the young trainer perked up immediately after the guide led them across the Bond Bridge and Robby appeared. He'd been expecting some man in a loud shirt and a straw hat not a pokemon ranger! A million questions flooded Jon's mind all at once. Pokemon Rangers were supposed to be elite pokemon trainers, he'd heard that they were often assigned very challenging missions to protect people as well as pokemon. <Don't pester the man! Just watch him and try to learn something from him.> Darting ahead of the others with Nemo hot on his heels, the turtle pokemon hadn't much enjoyed their long trek either, Jon follows Robby across the bridge and into the forest.


    Personally I prefer an alternate color for the dice rolls. Makes it easy to spot them.

    My Games

    GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life

    Spoiler:
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] Jamie [|||||||||-]190MS.png

    Jamie quickly runs into the pokemon center bathroom to change into her two piece swimsuit she bought for the trip. A quick conversation with the attendant, and she was able to rent out a locker and a smaller waterproof bag to carry a few of her items in for the afternoon.

    "It looks a bit far to the other side, Handy, and I'm not going to carry you the whole way. Do you mind going in your pokeball for a bit?"

    The purple monkey shakes his head and jumps tail first into the pile of inner tubes. Which were way to big for it, as he easily passes through the wholes, even while stretching his arms and legs out.

    "C'mon. I'll let you back out as soon as we get to the other side? I'll even let you come in the hotsprings with me!"

    Conceding, the monkey works his way out of the pile, making a mess of the tubes, and Jamie returns him to his ball, stashing it the small waterproof bag with the other items.

    "I, uh... guess I'll take an innertube." Jame says, as she tries to help straighten the pile back together.


    Oh yeah, and I don't care about the rolls, since I see most of them anyway :P

    camo_sig2.png
  • Elemental KnightElemental Knight Registered User
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Mitch Raimer] porygon_tiny.png

    <How many bad movies have I seen with guys like this in it? I didn't think they actually existed.>

    While waiting for the bathroom to change in himself, Mitch quickly considers his options. "Uhm... The inner tube for me, I guess. Less chance of falling off. Pei, you wanna get into your Pokeball for this? I think it might be safer that way."

    Apeirohedron looks up at Mitch. He obviously looks a little upset about missing the fun, but...

    "Hey, look, I just don't want you flying off from the wind shear or anything. You're not terribly aerodynamic and you're not a fast swimmer. And if you wanna get wet, I'd say, do it at the hot springs, where the water won't be so cold."

    ...The Porygon acquiesces. "Poooor."

    "Thanks, buddy." With a flash of red light, Mitch returns Pei to his old Pokeball, the Celadon Game Corner markings on it almost completely faded away from use and age. Just in time, too, since it looks like the bathroom is free now, and he's pretty sure he (foolishly) buried his swim trunks underneath everything else in his bag...


    I kinda like dice being in an alternate color, myself. If you really wanna hide dice from us, or keep them from interrupting the flow of the writing, just don't say you rolled 'em (or make them [??] or something). Exactly which color you use isn't too important to me, though.

  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Otto Pine]
    066MS.png

    Otto spends the entire trip up the rocky path excited and enthusiastic, and although he has no expertise in mountain climbing, he unsuccessfully tries to help the others up the incline.

    While following the ranger, Otto tries to calm himself by making small talk. He casually looks to Johanna, seeing as how he hadn't talked to her much yet, and tries to make a joke.

    "So, uh, Huggett? Carrying a baseball bat like that-- any relation to Swithin' Mitch? Heh."


    I want to see if I can make Johanna hate Otto more.

    If it isn't too difficult, I would prefer a different color for rolls, but if it is frustrating or tedious for you, then it isn't a big deal for me at all.

  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I've got to say with every post I love Otto more and more.

    Also am I the only one who heard the narrator from the anime say "Whose that pokemon?" and saw a silhouette when they saw Rawkking's post?

    My Games

    GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life

    Spoiler:
  • simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Johanna Huggett]
    donburi.png

    A pause in her step.

    Johanna lets the bat drop from her shoulder, holds it in her hands for a moment, lets the light glint a moment off its finish. She turns back to look at Otto, blinks. Replies, softly, "Yeah, he's my brother. This was his first bat. More of a good luck thing, than anything else, if that makes any sense." Placing the bat back over her shoulder, she turns to look at Donburi fumbling his way up the path, before returning her attention to Otto.

    She had wondered how long it would be before somebody made the connection, but she hadn't expected it to be so soon - perhaps over dinner, when everyone discussed their origin and life story, someone would have realised - and so she tries her best to be gracious, underplay that she is her brother's sister, if only to try and stop having her be thought as the little sister of the famous Mitch Huggett.

    She decides not to mention where she got the DEVON ticket to even get here.

    "You know, for the world's strongest Machamp," she begins, trying to move the topic away with a humourous lilt, "Gideon seems a little under-evolved."

    Johanna coughs, then smiles.

    Uj3Ujoh.jpg
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Freeze...and burn! Double TroubleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Ripley Venkmann] gastly.png

    Ripley was about to reprimand Forte about his ill manners, when he himself spot the glowing eyes.

    Sensing an opportunity to capture and train another Pokemon for his team, Ripley kept quiet about the Pokemon's location to the group. This was the first time Ripley encountered a wild Pokemon so close, and he intended this one to be the first Pokemon to be caught by his hands since he started landed here(or anywhere else outside Lavender, for that matter). Forte didn't count. He was, afterall, only caught before Ripley went on this trip. So he strayed behind the group, waiting for them to be occupied with something else, until he finally stopped walking. The group was too busy discussing about ... something (it had to do with some celebrity or whatnot, Ripley wasn't paying attention) to pay any attention to him, and so they moved on.

    Ripley made a mental note on where the group went (you know, for if things went south really fast), as well as made sure he was within earshot of the group (he wasn't so stupid to COMPLETELY leave the group), before he focused his attention on the new arrival.

    "Well, hello little there, little guy. YOu can come out now. There's no point in hiding, since he saw you..." Ripley jerked his thumb towards Forte, who looked to be busy pumping himself (guess Otto's machop left a mark on the little gastly).

    "So why don't you come out of the grass, and let us have a good look at you?"

    Ripley couldn't tell if the creature knew what he was saying, or if the creature redoubled its efforts at hiding (now that it knew it was spotted), but the creature remained motionless within the grass.

    "Oh well." Ripley sighed. <If he was aggressive, after all, it'd come right after me once I was alone> "Now... if you'd be as so kind as to stay still, I'll just scan you with this here 'Dex. You know, to see just what you are."

    Rummaging through his bag, Ripley produces his Pokedex, and starts scanning the creature. He kept a respectable distance. <No need to chase it off> Ripley reminded himself.

    All went well, until Forte decides to charge towards the hidden Pokemon! TO Forte, this was his way of saying Hello! To any other person, it looked as though the Gastly was attacking the other Pokemon. Ripley just stared at the rampaging Gastly, flabberghast at the Pokemon's reasoning.

    "...."

    "...."

    Ripley's face blushes, not knowing if he was embarrased, or angry at Forte's decision.

    "*Sigh* Dammit, Forte!" was all Ripley could mutter under his breath. He'd hope the stalker Pokemon wouldn't turn hostile should Forte reach it...



    Don't know if this means that a fight's about to start (or if we had a surprise round on the Pokemon), but here are my actions:
    Spoiler:

    Jakiro avatar (and other DOTA 2 portraits) by Dota fan Adam C. Beamish: Check them out
    DotaJakSig_zps399cf6a1.png
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Kin Island, Bond Bridge]

    [18] The bush quivers in fear as Forte approaches, but Ripley's words somehow manage to calm it enough; though its eyes can no longer be seen from the grass, no rippled grass nearby that would be indicative of movement can be spotted.

    "Venonat, the Insect Pokemon. Its eyes also function as radar units. It catches and eats small bugs that hide in darkness."

  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Otto Pine]
    066MS.png

    Otto's eyes grow wide when Johanna confirms that she was the little sister to the famous, legendary Mitch Huggett. He almost doesn't realize that she asked him a question. Gideon, having understood his name, but not the comment about his low-evolutionary stage, lifts his arms up to show off.

    "Cho-op!"

    "Oh yeah," says Otto, "Gideon believes in being optimistic about his goals. So wait-- you're really Mitch Huggett's sister? What's he like? I mean-- do you know how much he can bench?"

  • simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Johanna Huggett]
    donburi.png

    Johanna blinks once, then turns her head away from Otto, looking into the wilderness. Her plan seems to have backfired, though she honestly wasn't surprised - once people find out you're in some way attached to "celebrity", it becomes difficult for them to view you in any other kind of light. One of the main reasons she never came to class, back when she was studying, was the constant notes and questions she got from other students, "what's your brother like," "are you seeing him soon," "think you could hook me up with him," it never really ceased.

    "Bench pressing doesn't entirely exercise a useful muscle group for baseball players," she replies, scratching Donburi's head to keep him amused for a moment, "I'm sure he maintains a certain rep range, but I doubt his optimal weight limit would be above 300lbs."

    Coughs, again, then finishes, "We don't speak much, he's a busy guy."

    Looking around for a moment, Johanna notices that something is missing from the group - namely, a large floating purple head of a Pokemon, and its over-excitable trainer. Turning to Otto, she looks around again before asking, "Did you see Ripley wander off anywhere? He doesn't seem to be with the group."


    I prefer the dice rolls to be in a different colour to the rest of the text, if only because I prefer seperating my prescriptive and descriptive elements in role-playing games.

    Uj3Ujoh.jpg
  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [JonForest]SquirtleSmallSprite.gif

    While his trainer was focused on trying to maintain a mature attitude in the ranger's presence Nemo had been lagging back a bit further near the other pokemon. When the other humans, Nemo had no memory for human names, suddenly stopped and pointed out that Ripley and Forte were missing he called out to Jon. "Squirt!"

    Turning back and seeing how far ahead he'd gotten from Nemo and the others Jon walks back towards the group as Johanna begins looking for a sign of Ripley. Immediately noticing the lack of a floating fanged pokemon he asks "Did Ripley wander off by himself?" Looking back the way they'd come for some sign of the trainer a note of concern was plain in Jon's voice.

    My Games

    GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life

    Spoiler:
  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Knot Island, Kindle Road]

    “Alright, put whatever gear you’re gonna need in the side pouches.” He points to two waterproofed bags attached to either side of a tube he holds up as demonstration, large enough to easily carry almost as much as a small suitcase could carry combined. “By the way, name’s Bruce, nice to meet you all. What’re your names?”

    After waiting for their introduction, Bruce shouts out “Dozer, I got a job for ya!”

    The guide opens a pokeball, expelling a largely orange fish with white fins and black spots scattered all over the body and fins.

    As Mitch and Jamie get used to paddling in the tubes, Bruce puts on an orange life vest of some sort with unused loops around it. He then opens yet another pouch and startlingly loops the ropes through the vest’s loops. He exuberantly shouts out as he grabs onto Dozer and begins to pull the two across the lake.
    The Seaking is well-trained, the group traveling as a whole at a respectable fraction of the speed of a motorboat at full throttle. Mitch has to hold on especially carefully to avoid slipping off his tube.




    “PSY-I-I-I-I-I-IIiI!!”

    As the group reaches the beach to the other side, they notice a rather a panicked psyduck on the route ahead. The pokemon leaps from the tall grass and crosses the path ahead heading across the path and reaching the ledge as fast as its tiny legs can take it. As the psyduck scrambles up the ledge in a panic his pursuer trots after him at a leisurely pace: an entirely cream-colored pony with wreathes of flame instead of hair. The psyduck doesn't stop moving after reaching the top, his constant cry reaching a crescendo when he hears the thump of the pony landing behind him, having reached the ledge in a single bound. The psyduck leaps off the ledge on the other side, and a loud splash is heard.

    The pony looks off the ledge the psyduck jumped from, its flames dimming to a dull red as it does.

    [tiny]"Psy-I-I-I-I-I-I-IIIIII"[/tiny] faint, rhythmic splashes can be barely heard.



    [Kin Island, Bond Bridge]

    The group turns around, noticing that Ripley is still on the other side of the bridge they came from. Forte appears to be staring at a patch of beach grass further ahead.

  • simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Johanna Huggett]
    donburi.png

    "Oh, there he is," Johanna says succinctly to Otto and Jon, "I'll go check if he's alright."

    She smiles, grips her bat tighter for a second, then starts hustling back down the path, Donburi shuffling as fast as he can behind. The little Munchlax is hardly used to having to speed around rough terrain, and starts making a soft "lax" noise whenever he breathes out, a kind of panting for his species. Johanna makes a short mental note that she should investigate the full range and resonance of Donburi's vocalisations at some point in the future, perhaps make a research project out of it.

    "Ripley," she calls out as she hits the bridge, trying not to be too loud, "Everything alright back here?"

    She didn't know Forte, or the Gastly species, that well, but she assumed that there must be something odd happening if it was staring so intently.


    ready or not, here comes lil' slugger johanna

    Uj3Ujoh.jpg
  • Elemental KnightElemental Knight Registered User
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Mitch Raimer] porygon_tiny.png

    "Mitch," says the researcher, extending a hand to shake - even though this guy looks like he'll crush it just as badly as did that Otto guy earlier...

    ...Which certainly doesn't help when it comes to holding on to his inner tube, while the impressive Seaking drags them through the water. It's not long before he wishes he had some extra loops to hold him in, too.

    ...

    As they pull up to the shore, Mitch watches the Psyduck's flight from the Ponyta with interest, his troubles with staying afloat forgotten. "...Well, that was something. Psyduck can freak out about a lot of things, but I bet that Ponyta has a reason for whatever that was." He looks over at Jamie. "I have to admit, I'm curious. You wanna go see what that was all about?"

  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] Jamie [|||||||||-]190MS.png

    Ooooooh, a pony! Huh, did that porygon guy say something?

    "Umm...yeah, sure. Just a sec."

    Jamie grabs the bag with her stuff and fumbles around a bit to find Handy's ball. Thumbing the latch, the monkey jumps out with a red glow.

    "Now you be good, ok? Wild pokemon might not be as forgiving of your antics as most people are, ok?"

    camo_sig2.png
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Freeze...and burn! Double TroubleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Ripley Venkmann] gastly.png

    Now crouching, the avid trainer looks back at the Pokedex entry.

    "A Venonat, eh? Haven't seen much of your kind in Lavender. Though I have heard you're quite one of the more popular little Pokemon in Fuschia City. Don't know really why..."

    Ripley kept his cool while looking at the little beastie, thinking on ways on capturing the little insect Pokemon.

    <Do I fight it? Could I persuade it? Does it even understand what I'm saying.... Wait! What if it can read my mind?!> These questions drifted through the Ace trainer's mind, unable to decide on the proper course. Further analysis with the Pokedex might help shed more info on the creature, Ripley thought to himself.

    Unfortunately, Ripley lost his train of thought when he heard Johanna calling out to him, as she made her way to him.

    As he got back up to his feet, Ripley turns around and tries desperately to signal Johanna to stop, or at least move carefully. He didn't know if Venonat was skittish, or if it would turn hostile at a moment's notice.

    While Ripley turned his back on the new Pokemon (and focused his attention to the approaching researcher), Forte was busy staring at the little bug Pokemon. It was so entanced and fascinated, that it didn't even hear Johanna or her Munchlax making their way to Ripley, much less even glance at them. Curious about the creature further, it decides to welcome it as he did with all the others since he came to this island: a nice lick on the face!



    Trainer actions:
    Spoiler:

    Jakiro avatar (and other DOTA 2 portraits) by Dota fan Adam C. Beamish: Check them out
    DotaJakSig_zps399cf6a1.png
  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [JonForest]SquirtleSmallSprite.gif

    Running towards Ripley a few seconds after Johanna Jon and Nemo arrive just in time to see Ripley making a series of strange gestures at Johanna. Stopping in his tracks Jon looks at Nemo who looks equally confused. "I think he wants us to steal first base or something."

    Suddenly Forte flung himself into the grass and seemed to be...licking? Yes licking something hidden by the grass. "I don't think that's going to end well." Fishing out his pokedex out of his backpack and pointing it towards the area Forte had licked Jon shouts towards the others "Everything ok over there?!"


    Are Forte, Ripley, and the Venonat anywhere near the water? I only ask because if a hoard of Venonat emerges in retaliation for their friend getting licked Jon and Nemo might try to swim for it.

    My Games

    GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life

    Spoiler:
  • simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I would make a post, but I'll wait to see what Rawkking has in store for us, now that you've gone and decided to attack the Venonat. Actually, can Forte lick without bein' commanded as such by his trainer, in this kind of situation? The combat rules for this game make little to no sense.

    Uj3Ujoh.jpg
  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Otto Pine]
    066MS.png

    Otto watches the others without approaching.

    "Hey ranger, wait up," he says, "I think that guy needs to tie his shoes or something."

    Gideon tries to get a better look of what's going on, taking a few steps forward, but Otto tells him: "Gideon, come on, this isn't any of our business," and the Machop stops, while still trying to peak at the others.

  • Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Kin Island, Bond Bridge]

    Forte rushes forward to greet the venonat, however innocently it might expect, with its slimy tongue.

    [13] A startled, but not visibly injured venonat leaps from the brush. [Venonat took 1 damage!]

    The clearly panicked bug lets forth a flash of light as it attempts to flee from Forte. When the light clears, Forte’s tongue is comically twisted in a knot, the gastly moaning miserably at its predicament. [Forte’s Lick was disabled!]

    Ripley's pokedex has almost finished loading all relevant information on the Venonat species. The venonat runs past ripley, reaching the bridge. It looks around worriedly at the array of trainers on the bridge, but begins to run forward, taking a path that seems to be an attempt to avoid the trainers.

    Ranger Robert surveys the area, releasing a spearow that takes to the sky. He doesn’t seem terribly bothered by what is happening so far, and the spearow takes no movement to attack the venonat.

    “Tara, keep an eye on the other half of the bridge.” The female guide nods in consent.

    The two businessmen turn around after setting foot on the other side of the bridge and notice the scene unraveling far behind them. What exactly is that thing over there? They shrug and produce pokeballs to defend themselves should it be necessary.



    [Knot Island, Kindle Road]

    Mitch and Jamie approach the Ponyta, as Bruce recalls Dozer and takes up the rear. “Most ponyta here are real gentle, wonder what was up with that psyduck though."
    The ponyta eventually notices their approach, its flames returning to its normal colors as it does. It peers down at them curiously from the top of the cliff.



    Edit: Forgot to describe what the venonat did with its movement (it's heading onto the bridge you are all on).

  • simonwolfsimonwolf DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Johanna Huggett]
    donburi.png

    Venonat, huh. Bug pokemon, eventually evolves in Venomoth. Timid little thing, this one.

    Johanna drops to a knee, crouching, and smiles at the Venonat, placing the bat calmly on the ground before opening her arms a little, as non-threateningly as possible. She can tell it's frightened, trying to escape, probably from that Gastly which licked it and the trainer who's just trying to scan it. "It's okay, little guy," she says, calm and friendly, "Nobody's here to hurt you."

    She pushes Donburi back with a hand, and he makes a surprised noise as he fumbles with his footing, but the gesture is clear - she isn't going to get Donburi to attack the Venonat, and it doesn't need to fear her.

    Uj3Ujoh.jpg
  • SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [JonForest]SquirtleSmallSprite.gif
    Seeing a strange creature, probably some sort of bug pokemon based on it's appearance Jon waited to see how Ripley and Forte handled the situation. Following a flash of light that had left Forte literally tongue-tied the fuzzy little bug pokemon made a hasty retreat towards the bridge. Holding his palm out flat behind him gesturing for Nemo to remain very still Jon crouches down putting himself at eye level with the tiny fleeing pokemon.

    Extending his arms out at his sides with his hands open in what he hoped appeared to be a pacifying gesture Jon smiles at the approaching pokemon and follows Johanna's lead. "Hey little fella don't be scared. She's right none of us wants to hurt you, lets just be friends ok?"


    Not sure what sort of Charm/Diplomacy roll I can make if any. Essentially Jon is trying to calm the Venonat down a bit.

    My Games

    GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life

    Spoiler:
  • TiamatZTiamatZ Freeze...and burn! Double TroubleRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'll just wait and see if Johanna and Jon can help calm the little guy down.

    If they fail, I can just have Forte Hypnotize it.

    Jakiro avatar (and other DOTA 2 portraits) by Dota fan Adam C. Beamish: Check them out
    DotaJakSig_zps399cf6a1.png
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] Jamie [|||||||||-]190MS.png

    Fetching a couple poketreats from the bag, Jamie hands one to Handy, and cautiously approaches the pony with the other. She places it on the ground in front of it and respectfully backs away.

    "Hey Mr. Pony, was that mean old psyduck giving you problems? Have a poketreat, I hear they're delicious. Isn't that right, Handy?"

    She motions for the monkey to show that it's not dangerous by eating the one she gave him....Which he already did before Jamie had even started to approach the ponyta. Rolling her eyes, she gives him another, to demonstrate properly this time

    camo_sig2.png
  • Elemental KnightElemental Knight Registered User
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Mitch Raimer] porygon_tiny.png

    "I have no idea," says Mitch, glancing up at the cliff where the Psyduck jumped off from. He then watches Jamie approach the Ponyta, food in-hand, and nods. "But that Ponyta is between it and us, so as much as I might want to go check on it, it'll have to wait a moment." Still watching the Fire-type, he reaches into the inner tube to retrieve Apeirohedron's Pokeball, if only to have it near at-hand.


    (Correct me if I'm wrong on the layout of the area here, but it sounds like the closest way to check on where the Psyduck splashed down would be to get up to the cliff the Ponyta is on. If there's another obvious way around, Mitch will take it - after he sees the Ponyta accept the food.)

  • WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Bide] [Otto Pine]
    066MS.png

    Otto folds his arm and casually glances around for any conspicuous berries he could find, then says to the suited men on this side of the bridge: "Hey, it's totally a great day to be out here, right? These islands are crazy, man-- refreshing, plenty of hiking trails, awesome for a regimen. What are you guys doing here?"

13468915
Sign In or Register to comment.