As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Renting a cabin in the middle of the woods (UK, preferably Scotland)

Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
edited October 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I need some help as google isn't turning up anything too useful. Every year a few of "the lads" get together and go out camping somewhere, just for a couple of nights to knock back some drinks and relax.

For 2011 we've decided to do something a little different and rent a log cabin. Most of us are horror geeks and we want an Evil Dead style cabin, in the middle of nowhere, where we can set up a tv, knock back a load of drinks and watch some "cabin" themed horror films.

We were aiming for Scotland so that during the day we can actually go out, visit places and drink whisky. We also figured that'd be the best place to find the most remote log cabins.

However I'm having a hell of a time finding what I'm after, we don't really want a fantastically looked after cabin. If it's a little run-down then more the better, but obviously few places are going to advertise that!

Anyone any ideas where I can look?

Steam: Sir_Grinch
PSN: SirGrinchX
Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
Mr_Grinch on

• Options
    randerson84randerson84 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Some mates and I went to one in Strontain for New Years in 2006. It was one of a few so you may have trouble finding one cabin by itself in the middle of nowhere.

This was the cabin we stayed at : http://www.uk-cottage-rental.co.uk/listing-seaview-grazings-272.html

There are a few different ones on that website. Strontain may be a bit isolated for some peoples taste. It was just a co-op near the cabin or a 30 min drive to the nearest tesco and one hotel/pub.

randerson84 on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    That looks pretty damn close to what I'm after. Cheers!

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch