As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Stop me from melting my phone...

ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
So lately my phone has really been getting on my nerves.

It likes to do one of 3 things. Either it gets texts about 3-4 hours late or it simply doesn't receive a call and acts as if no call was ever made to it. The last thing, which is rarest, is when I am outside, in clear weather, in the right area for my provider (Verizon) and it will NOT get a signal.

Keep in mind that the late messages and never getting a call happen even when I do have a signal.

My phone is a LG Dare (wish I hadn't gotten it despite above issues) and, as mentioned, my provider is Verizon.

Is the phone the problem or is it Verizon? My entire family has Verizon and so do many of my friends, yet I don't hear them complaining.

My contract just ran out and I'm wondering if I should get a new phone with Verizon or switch providers completely. Thanks in advance!

steam_sig.png
PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
ShinyRedKnight on

• Options
    Cryo84RCryo84R Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    To me it sounds like a Verizon problem. They tend to have the best coverage but everyone has holes in their service.

Personally, I would recommend an iPhone if you are looking for a smartphone.

Cryo84R on
    So, I see the caterpillar has emerged from his cocoon...as a shark...with a gun for a mouth.
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2010
    My wife is having a similar problem with her Incredible... at work she'll have no reception from time to time, or she'll have her 3G or wi-fi break at random intervals. My phone isn't giving any similar issues. She has something like 40% of her day without signal, whereas I run around 2%. We're thinking radio problem, and it could be something similar with your Dare.

That said, I don't see why you couldn't try a new phone from Verizon and see how your reception goes. If you have the same problems in the same places, you still have 30 days to tell them to get lost and go somewhere else.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    ShinyRedKnightShinyRedKnight Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    Alrighty, guess it would be best to try Verizon for another month with a new phone. I've been with them for years and may be I can get a special deal with this complaint.

Thanks for the advice! Now I just need to decide if its worth getting the Incredible or wait for the possibility of the Incredible HD...

ShinyRedKnight on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN: ShinyRedKnight Xbox Live: ShinyRedKnight
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    I had a dare and it was poop. Worked well for about a year then after that I had the same issues you are mentioning in the thread. I have since moved to a first gen Droid and I have had little to no issues. I do have one friend that I will not get texts from for random intervals of time but that is the only one.

Jubal77 on