Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Mobile printer

VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
I have a need for a very small, lightweight printer.

So far, the only one I've been able to find was this.

31w%2BBkCMy9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The only problem is that it's almost $300. Considering I'll be using this for maybe 3 months tops, is there anything else out there? I don't really want something much larger or expensive.

Size and weight are very important, as I will need to (literally) run around with it and transport it in a rush. I will also have it hooked up to the wall, so it doesn't need a battery. I also don't care about Bluetooth or wireless at all. Scanning is not an issue either. Connection to a laptop via USB is critical, since I don't think my netbook has anything other than an ethernet port and USB inputs.

VeritasVR on
CoH_infantry.jpg
Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    HP has one for $180 The H470.

c01179559.jpg

Canon has one for about the same. PIXMA iP100

41qdR8QVA-L.jpg

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live: ArcSyn 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan) WiiU NNID: ArcSyn

GIFT GET GIFS
  • VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    HP has one for $180 The H470.

<snip>

Canon has one for about the same. PIXMA iP100

<snip>

Yeah. I saw those.

They're actually larger than I can manage.

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • EgoEgo Registered User regular
    edited October 2010
    VeritasVR wrote: »
    I have a need for a very small, lightweight printer.

So far, the only one I've been able to find was this.

31w%2BBkCMy9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The only problem is that it's almost $300. Considering I'll be using this for maybe 3 months tops, is there anything else out there? I don't really want something much larger or expensive.

Size and weight are very important, as I will need to (literally) run around with it and transport it in a rush. I will also have it hooked up to the wall, so it doesn't need a battery. I also don't care about Bluetooth or wireless at all. Scanning is not an issue either. Connection to a laptop via USB is critical, since I don't think my netbook has anything other than an ethernet port and USB inputs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00004SGBW/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

I was just gonna say to get one of these on ebay, but I looked and the buy-now options are around $300. These amazon ones are considerably cheaper, but this is definitely the model I'd go looking for.

Erik