As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

IC Dresden Files RPG Bridges to Nowhere

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    "Damn! Seems the bugger got me with a stinger of some sort"

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SakutianSakutian Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dr. Meyers suffers no more damage from poison. For now.

Sakutian on
    My Games

Dresden Files RPG- Dumb Luck

Playing Phillip Hess in Motor City Blues

GM of M&M "And Justice For All."
    GM of Dresden Files Low Life
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Into the Unknown
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Lost Hope- Concluded
    GM of Star Wars Sagas the Dark Times- Concluded.
    GM of Star Wars Sagas Jabba's Palace- Concluded due to injury.
    Bart Allen/ The Flash in M&M Metropolis- Concluded.
    Koyi Disturbances in the Force- Concluded.
    Jessup Owlbeard Forge of the Dawn Titan- Withdrawn due to injury.
    Sal Mander In the Shadow of Zeus- Concluded.
    Zevoto in Out in the Black- Withdrawn due to injury.
    GM of Wyvern Watch
    Berru Secune in Rise of the Jedi
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    "Me and my mother still have our differences, yes. Is your father still eating his children while trying to find the tastiest one?" Juliette smirked as she wiped her knife clean on the shirt of one of the teenagers lying on the floor.

The vampire took only a short look around before heading for the broken window, gracefully stepping out onto the street and shaking water out of her hair, not hesitating to leave the wet, smoky, and guts-covered coffee house. "So, does anyone have any idea of what that was all about? Or, did anyone see the barista? She might have seen something, she was in the back when the shop exploded."
    Endurance (4d3= -, -, o, +) Net -1. AS a WCV, however, Juliette DOES have Supernatural Recovery, so she can shake off any mild physical consequence with minimal effort, and her other skills aren't limited by endurance due to lack of rest etc, if that's what this check is for.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The endurance check was to see if anyone would succumb to smoke inhalation before the Water Leapers were all killed off. Juliette is definitely good though since she is headed out.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    "Hello? Is anyone there? The danger has passed, help is here!" Dr. Meyer looks around the rubble if anyone is still inside.

SanderJK on
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rey nods to Juliette. "Becka said she went to receive a package at the delivery door in back. When she opened the door, a metal and plastic box exploded in a fireball, and those creatures showed up immediately after. Anyone know what these things are?"

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    In response to Dr. Meyer's shouting the two teenagers laying at his feet begin struggling to rise from the soaking wet floor without much success. Each of them are dripping wet and holding their stomachs as expressions of agony split their faces into grimaces.

Reaching out to the Dr. a dark haired young man with several several lightly bleeding scratches on his face says "Please, help us." The girl seems to be beyond words at this point as she merely continues to cry obviously pained by her own injuries.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    Pneumatic HorsemanPneumatic Horseman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    James shakes his head at Juliette and mutters "My mother and I" before reaching down to gather up the two teenagers as though they were children, and carry them out onto the sidewalk. After settling them, he returns inside, tosses his maul back into his hockey bag and brings it outside. Once there his image shifts and changes from a somewhat freakish brute into a large, but normal looking man.
    +0 on my glamour check, so net 3

Pneumatic Horseman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    As Juliette and James emerge from the soaking smoldering interior of Stag the approaching siren of a patrol car begins to wail with increasing urgency and proximity. A black and white police car skids to a halt directly in front of the building. The swirling emergency lights bathe the structure and everyone outside of it in a neon glow that continually sifts between red and a blue. The driver's side door opens and a pale skinned, blonde uniformed police officer climbs out of the vehicle.

Stepping around the front of her car and surveying the scene quickly no emotions make themselves present on her face. "Either of you want to explain happened here?"

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Keeping his hands in plain sight, James smiles at the officer and says "Good evening Officer Perry, I think there might have been a gas leak and maybe a small explosion. These kids need an ambulance I think they might be sick from the gas..."

Pneumatic Horseman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "Mr. McDonall, why is it whenever there's trouble in this town I never have to look very far to find you skulking nearby?" Officer Perry steps back towards her vehicle and opens the passenger side door. She leans within without taking her eyes off of the group and picks up a radio receiver mounted on the dashboard of her patrol car.

"Dispatch this is Car 213, I've got a couple of 10-66's, and a possible 10-80 at Stag Coffee. I'm going to need an ambulance here and additional units."

Her radio hisses and crackles with static for a moment before a harried voice responds. "Car 213 you're on your own for the moment. No additional units can be spared. Please be advised and ambulance is being dispatched ETA is 15 minutes."

Dropping the radio receiver as though it were covered in slime and returning her attention to the group Officer Perry glances at James. "Mr. McDonall if I were to search your bag right now do you think I would be likely find a weapon in there?" Her tone is serious and level.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "Officer Perry, surely there's no need for that?" Juliette smiled, taking a couple of slow steps closer to the officer, the slow movement enough to capture the eye of everyone in the area.
    "James came by well after the explosion, and he was even level-headed enough to drag those poor unfortunate victims out of the building while I tried to stop the fire. There's very little reason for him to be related to the explosion, officer. You'd do better investigating the people who were here when the blast went off, like those teens, Becka... and myself."
    Juliette stopped advancing towards Perry when she was just a few inches away, a soft smile on her face as she spoke, her voice turning all the attention away from the changeling and drawing it to herself.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Turning towards the approaching White Court vampire Officer Perry seems lose a bit of the glare she'd been beaming at James. She looks Juliette up and down for a moment then looks back at the building. "If you were inside then can you explain what happened?"

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "It's all quite.. shaky, officer. I was having a sip of coffee when the explosion happened, Becka had just gone into the back, and screamed something before the blast occurred. Those two," she gestured towards the wounded teens, "must have been struck by shrapnel, they were thrown into the middle of the room. I wish I knew more, but that's all I saw."

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Officer Perry listens to Juliette's explanation silently and waits for a very drawn out moment before offering any response. "Alright miss, I'm going to need you name for my report. Are you in need of any medical attention?"

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "Juliette. Juliette Raith. Here's my card, if you want to talk." She produced a slightly damp card from her pocket and passed it to the officer with a smile. "And no, I'm not injured. Just a little shaken."

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Taking the offered card Officer Perry smiles "Thanks, I may need to contact your for further questioning later on."

The screaming siren of an approaching ambulance echoes down the street as the emergency vehicle pulls up behind Officer Perry's patrol car and screeches to a halt. A female EMT emerges from the back rush over to downed teenagers and begin a quick examination. Shining the beam of a pocket flashlight into the barely conscious girl's eye she makes a tsking sound. "Her pupils are the size of dinner plates." The EMT repeats the process on the young man and curses under her breath. "Does anyone know what they took?"

At this point Becka stumbles into sight moving more steadily than she did before Rey left her to phone for help. Approaching the group she says "Don't let kids do drugs...in my place." Becka trips and falls to the ground. The EMT dashes over and takes Becka's pulse.

"Alright I'm getting the girl and this one out of here first. You're going to have to put the boy in you car officer." The EMT returns to the ambulance and begins unloading two wheeled stretchers and loading the injured women onto them. Officer Perry continually tries to gain her attention without the slightest bit of luck.

"I'm the responding officer and the only one on the scene, I can't leave to take some druggy to get his stomach pumped. We're going to need another ambulance."

The EMT turns putting her face very near Officer Perry's after loading the injured female teenager and Becka onto the ambulance. "Good luck on that lady, half of the ambulances in town are at Bliss as we speak." She points at the remaining teen who is still laying on the sidewalk. "Get him in your car. Now."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Balling his hands into fists James' eyes narrow as the ambulance leaves and he steps over the boy towards the cop.

"See that right there is racial profiling, on account of my being a McDonall an all. I'm here trying to help, and you're all 'Unjustified accusations and contemplative violation of my rights to avoid unwarranted search and seizure,' and you're still just standing there tryin ta buck fer detecttive and NOT HELPING THIS BOY!"

James sets his bag down with an audible clatter, picks up the kid and moves him towards the back of the car.

Pneumatic Horseman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Watching James wordlessly with her mouth agape as he loads the injured boy into the backseat of her car Perry seems to come back to her senses when she hears the car door slam. Moving very quickly to the driver side door she shoots daggers at James with her eyes, with the body of her vehicle separating them. "This isn't over McDonall, I'll be seeing you again very soon." Climbing inside she slams the door behind her. Sirens renew their screaming as both vehicles speed down the street away from Stag leaving the burned out structure in silence after a few minutes.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    As the police vehicle leaves, Dr. Meyer walks up to James and and Juliette. "I do not like this, such odd creatures poisoning youngsters with no great abilities, and on top of that, somehow destroying this building. Though it could be that it was set on fire in some desperate attempt at self defense, or perhaps a third party was present... it's a good way to steal something without people noticing what's missing. Did either of you catch which hospital they were going to? We may want some eyes and ears there when either of them wakes up."

SanderJK on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "I don't reckon those Water Leapers were up to much arson, but whoever sent them might have lead with some manner of firecrafting. Given that neither Becka nor the kids were seriously hurt, I'd bet these things were either a distraction, or some kinda amateurish attempt to send a message. Also, one has to wonder what's happening over at Bliss that there aren't any first responders to spare."

Pneumatic Horseman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "Well, James, if you want to come along, I never object to muscle when I go into my mother's stronghold. Taxi!" Juliette raised her hand in the air as a cab drove by, and it screeched to a halt, the vampire sliding into the backseat. "Dr. Meyer, I'm sure your patron would be curious to see what's happening, as well. Care to join us, or will you be along later?"

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    As Juliette is climbing into the taxi and inviting the others to join her in a expedition to Bliss Rey's cellphone buzzes to life in his pocket. Taking the phone out the caller id identifies the caller as Jacob Gunderson the only Were-Swan in Pittsburgh and a member of Rey's pack.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "Jacob, what's going on?" Rey asked as he stepped toward the departing group.

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "Of course he wishes to know, I'll just send him a message while we travel. By the way... are you aware of anything happening at Bliss? The Officer mentioned EMT's there, and that doesn't sound good."

SanderJK on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    A decidedly feminine voice speaking in very calm tone crawls out of the phone and purrs into Rey's ear, definitely not the gravely terse sound that crawls out of Jacob's throat every time he speaks. "Good evening Mr. Nardo." Maria Raith's voice, all charm and honey, sound especially calm to Rey right now.

"I decided to visit dear Jacob and he was courteous enough to let me borrow his phone, I'm afraid I don't have access to your personal number. Unfortunately Jacob isn't feeling to well, isn't that right Jacob?" A muffled cry of pain and a loud bang comes through the phone. "You see? He's not well at all. I think it would be for the best if you come and take him home, I know how much you love your little menagerie and I'd hate to see member of them come to harm."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rey's blood was boiling, but he tried to keep his cool over the phone. "Let me talk to Jacob, Maria," Rey said coolly.

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "Certainly." Maria's voice practically oozes with mirth, she clearly knows exactly what sort of mood Rey is in at the moment. Muffled voices and the sound a phone being handed between parties are all that Rey hears for a moment.

"Rey...is that you?" Jacob's voice doesn't have any of it's usual swagger, he is very out of breath and seems to be struggling to speak.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Relieved, Rey replied, "Yeah, Jacob, it's me. Are you all right? What the hell is going on?"

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "I..." Jacob's voice is cutoff quickly, although the man can still be heard in the background clearly. Although his voice is distorted he is clearly suggesting Maria Raith do something that is not anatomically possible.

Maria Raith slips back into conversation, even without seeing her face her tone is more than enough to let you know there is a very satisfied smile on her face right now. "You see? The little swan is all out of breath, I'm afraid if you don't come soon he may never fly again. Do say you're on your way, I'd hate to think you didn't care for him anymore. Although if you don't I suppose I could always take him in. There's a lovely little garden behind the manor, perhaps a fenced swan enclosure is just what it needs for the season. We're at Bliss at the moment and I really think you would benefit from a visit."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rey cringes and replies through gritted teeth, "I'll be there shortly. I hope, for your sake, that Jacob's fine. Heaven help you if he isn't." Without waiting for a response, Rey hangs up the phone.

Quickly, he sends a text message to his other pack members. "Jacob's n trouble. Heading 2 Bliss now. Come if able."

Rey turns to the others and says, "Maria Raith has my packmate captive at Bliss. I want to get to the bottom of this miss, and we could kill two birds with one stone, with any luck."

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    James nods (mostly for Rey's benefit) tosses his bag into the trunk of the cab and squeezes himself into the front seat.

Pneumatic Horseman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The taxi ride to Bliss is passes with ease at first, the increasingly late hour and damp cold have driven most people indoors. After ten minutes in the cramped cab traffic starts to clog the street as you enter the Strip District. More people are wandering the streets in this part of town which only makes sense as this area is known for it's nightlife.

When the cab gets within a block of Bliss the street becomes blocked by fire trucks, squad cars, and ambulances the driver pulls up to the curb and turns off his meter. Several men and women in risque Halloween costumes are standing on the sidewalk, all of them look extremely upset. Their expensive looking costumes, clearly made to seduce and impress onlookers rather than to terrify them, are askew.

Just down the street the dozens of firefighters are blasting water on the White Court nightclub known as Bliss which is at the heart of a blazing inferno. They are having no real impact on the flames which only seem to be growing larger in the face of their assault. EMTs are loading costumed people onto stretchers and into ambulances with all the frantic energy one would normally see only in an ant colony. Uniformed police officers have set up a makeshift barrier and are busily trying to keep people away from the burning building. A few people armed with cameras are arguing with the police while attempting to get pictures of the ruined structure.

The wrinkled cab driver peers into the backseat and holds his hand out absently. "Sorry but you guys are gonna have to get out here that'll be $22.50."

Before any of you can offer to pay the drivers fee the sound of tires squealing on the wet street screeches out from directly behind the cab. A white stretch limousine pulls up behind the car and two figures emerge from within making their way up to the cab with inhuman speed. The left rear passenger door opens with a horrible squeak. A man wearing a dark grey well cut suit that probably cost more than the budget of most countries in the third world is standing outside. His platinum blonde hair and angular features create the appearance of an ivory bird of prey. Looking overt the assembled party within the cab with a steady gaze he gives Juliette an especially appraising look.

"Miss Raith, always a pleasure to see you." Reno the White Court vampire stands very still as he blocks the drew.

A moment later the opposite rear door opens and a woman wearing a powder blue skintight body stocking peers inside. Her clothes cling to her hips and chest in a glittery second skin that is surely meant to draw eyes to places they aren't meant to linger. Shoulder length red hair hangs down around her face creating a fiery halo around her head. She looks at Rey smiling a picture perfect smile filled with pearly white teeth and leans far enough in the vehicle to be just shy of sprawling into Rey's lap.. "Hello boy and girls, Lady Raith asked us to come and pick you up. If you promise not to be naughty perhaps this can be a pleasant experience."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "Congratulations, Reno. You got your suit custom-tailored just in time for it to fall out of style." Juliette smirked, sliding past him, just barely brushing up against the vampire, and slid into the limo, settling in with a faint sigh of comfort. "If mother wishes to see me, who am I to refuse? My first duty is to my family, after all."

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    "That's what I like about you Jules..." The ever self amused voice of Dorian Raith a White Court nobody and the bartender of Bliss comes from within the limo. Sprawling over one of the limo's long leather seats, a glass of something golden that smells of honey laying on the floor next to him, he pauses for a moment while struggling to light a cigarette with a pair of gently shaking hands. The vampire is wearing no shirt and enough of the material of his designer jeans has been burned away to leave him stark naked up to his thighs. He is also missing his shoes and his skin is covered in burns and streaks of ash. "...you know how to smile without showing your fangs."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    s he gets out of the cab, Dr. Meyer whispers to James "I don't like this. Lady Raith would only have called us here if it furthers her plans, and we don't even know what the plans are. " He stretches his legs, and surveys the scene.

SanderJK on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rey glances up at the wreckage before taking his place in the limo. "You really ought to use less lighter fluid the next time you guys have a BBQ. It's really a disservice to the taste of the burgers and brats."

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The red headed White Court laughs in a chirping giggle as she follows Rey taking the seat next to him in the limousine. Reno remains in place keeping an eye on James as though waiting to see whether or not the half-troll is going to come quietly.

While Dr. Meyers is following the others he notices that the rear doors of several of the ambulances surrounding Bliss have been left open and EMTs are busily snatching supplies from within. Two of the ambulances are occupied by stretchers holding black body bags.

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    James looks around warily, before pulling his bag from the trunk, keeping a hand inside as he climbs into the limo, moving awkwardly until he sits with his back to the partition, where he can see all the leeches.

Pneumatic Horseman on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Reno watches James get into the limousine with a steady eye before handing the cab driver a handful of money and uttering a few quick words. As soon as Reno steps away from the taxi cabbie performs a quick u-turn and goes back the way you came with a great deal of speed. The hawk faced vampire follows James and takes a seat on the passenger side effectively blocking the door with his frame. Without any instruction the driver, who has remained hidden behind tinted window this entire time pulls away from the sidewalk and drives down around the emergency vehicles blocking most of the street ahead.

The journey to Raith Manor is startlingly swift. Maneuvering the lengthy vehicle around corners with no sign of difficulty whatsoever the driver seems to be ignoring minor traffic laws without much concern. Red lights and stop signs do not slow you progress.

In no time at all the vehicle stops in front of a iron barred gate topped with wickedly curved spikes, the entrance to Raith Manor towers in the air roughly the height of two grown men. A grey wall made of uniform stone and mortar curves around the structure concealing much of the large house. After stopping for a minute the gate swings open and as the limo pulls forward onto the drive two guards armed with what look like machine guns can be seen standing just inside the property. Each of them are wearing black suits, well made but not overly expensive. Driving past the guards the sound of loose gravel cracking beneath the vehicle's tires and clattering to the ground pops through the air as you proceed up the driveway.

Stretching like a giant dead ivory snake for an indecent length the drive curves back on itself into a circle in front of the manor. A mammoth marble fountain spits water high into the air, several figures carved from white stone are frozen in various poses with water raining down on them. Unearthly handsome men and women who must have been carved in the likeness of Aphrodite seem to be frozen in the middle of a passionate orgy in the fountain. Each of the stone carvings are in some state of undress and water pours over every inch of their perfect curves.

Raith Manor itself is exactly the sort of place one would expect Maria Raith to make her home. It is large enough to make servants a necessity as much as they are a luxury the alabaster house sprouts in a wall of white for three stories. Several towers that would be more fitting on a castle than they are as part of a modern house jut from each corner, stained glass frames each and every window.

Reno seems to come back to life as he suddenly clears his throat. "Dr. Meyers and Mr. McDonall, your cane and bag will have to remain in the car while you are speaking to Lady Raith." He looks at Rey and Juliette a heartbeat later. "I'll have to ask both of you to disarm yourselves as well."

Sakutian on
    My Games

GM of Wyvern Watch