As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AOC Monitors

Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
Does anyone have any experience with this company? I'm kind of budget shopping for some decent monitors, and I can get a 24" AOC LCD for $160, or a 23" acer for $170. Which would be the better choice?

Mai-Kero on

• Options
    RohanRohan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't really know much about AOC, but I think they're a cheaper brand tv manufacturer. I'm not sure if Acer is producing their own monitors, but I have one of their 19" TFT's here and it's fine, nothing wrong with it.

Rohan on
    ...and I thought of how all those people died, and what a good death that is. That nobody can blame you for it, because everyone else died along with you, and it is the fault of none, save those who did the killing.

Nothing's forgotten, nothing is ever forgotten
  • Options
    EgoEgo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Realistically both Acer and AOC will just be offering your standard entry-level TFT-TN panels. There's nothing wrong with them --they work well, and they're cheap, and if most of your computer usage is just sitting right in front of the thing, they're great value. Viewing angles aren't the best (hence them being suited to standard computer use) and colour accuracy isn't there but you pay a fair bit more to move to a panel type where both get better. Might want to make sure AOC is a reputable company though --Acer customer support is nothing to write home about but its warranties are just fine.

That said, I really find looking at a model in person is worth it when deciding on a display. You'll use it pretty much all the time when you use your computer. You might be served well by going to local retailers to see what models you like, and then looking them up online afterwards to see which ones you like are the best deal for you, that's my general tendency.

Ego on
    Erik
  • Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have a 21 inch widescreen Acer monitor, had it for about three years now. Works just fine, no discoloration or dead pixels.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    We all have AOC screens at work, they don't hold a candle to LG or Samsung.
    But they're not broken or defective. Just not very good looking.

Stormwatcher on
    Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png