As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You Don't Know JACK -- Get it for consoles, not PC. OP has more details.

• Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Well I played that

that was fun

Rent on
  • Options
    MugenmidgetMugenmidget Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    AnakinOU wrote: »
    If only Acrophobia would come back...
    I'm with you 100% there. There's clones but they almost always fall short. Acrobabble was one of the best (didn't directly duplicate the aesthetics, but had all the important gameplay elements an an announcer at least) and now it's gone.
    :?

Mugenmidget on
    e3ORbfq.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It was great as long as you had a good room, anyway. Some of the acronyms could be absolutely fucking horrible and they'd still get voted best answer. I think I lost faith in the voting process as a result of Acrophobia.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Did anyone else watch the actual gameshow version of this? It was on around... 6 years ago? I think Paul Reubens hosted it?

I remember it fondly, but that could just be me as a child being an idiot.

MalReynolds on
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I remember loading this game up with my brothers after we got this as a Christmas gift, and the game just relentlessly made fun of us for like 15 minutes for being sad enought to play on Christmas Day before it'd let us play.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I remember loading this game up with my brothers after we got this as a Christmas gift, and the game just relentlessly made fun of us for like 15 minutes for being sad enought to play on Christmas Day before it'd let us play.

The game is 15 years old, and I still keep coming across things like this that I didn't know. God I can't wait!

LaPuzza on
  • Options
    ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I remember a scathing insult when we tried to play on New Year's Eve. We played a couple games as a trio, then one guy wanted to try a quick solo game. Cookie chewed him out pretty bad.

We all loved just leaving the username blank and letting Cookie name us.

"All right, Player Two. I'm going to call you 'Poop Chute'.

Player Three, please don't be as retarded as Player Two."

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
  • Options
    AsharadAsharad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm friends with one of the writers on this. They'd been doing it online for years now.

They stopped updating awhile back. I guess this is why.

Asharad on
  • Options
    TalkcTalkc Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I dont know if any of you ever watched the show "Maximum Exposure" but it had Cookie as the narrator.

I loved that show.

Cause i love Cookie.

Cause i love YDKJ.

This is all the best news ever.

Talkc on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Did anyone else watch the actual gameshow version of this? It was on around... 6 years ago? I think Paul Reubens hosted it?

Yep, Paul Reubens was the host. As much as I love that guy, he's still no Cookie.

Cookie wasn't even the host in the first version of the game. He was the techie who took your name and info at the start. When he did start hosting, it was a rare case where people didn't complain that changing it made it worse.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I just played the demo on their site.

Freaking fantastic. I laughed so hard i almost fucked up the entire Jack Attack.

Talkc on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    $18,333 on the demo. Day One purchase, possibly on both Wii and DS... and there's a strong possibility of multiple copies on the DS if they have local wireless.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The Jack Attack was way too easy though. Hopefully there are some tougher ones in there.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The Jack Attack was way too easy though. Hopefully there are some tougher ones in there.

There were two or three where I could see people not knowing (Wolverine, Beaker, and maybe the Yoga Instructor)

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Yep, Paul Reubens was the host. As much as I love that guy, he's still no Cookie.

Cookie wasn't even the host in the first version of the game. He was the techie who took your name and info at the start. When he did start hosting, it was a rare case where people didn't complain that changing it made it worse.

All I can remember is how absurd the show was, but other than that... I can't remember much.

I did used to play the game all the time as a youngin, though.

MalReynolds on
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Some outdoors/sports channel is always on in our office and the other day, in fact, as we speak, right now, some eXtreme! sports wackiness show is on and I heard that voice and I knew I knew I knew I knew! who it was. Had to take a quick trip online, but, yep. Cookie! Warms me cockles, it does.

Medium Dave on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Some outdoors/sports channel is always on in our office and the other day, in fact, as we speak, right now, some eXtreme! sports wackiness show is on and I heard that voice and I knew I knew I knew I knew! who it was. Had to take a quick trip online, but, yep. Cookie! Warms me cockles, it does.

Whacked out Sports.

From the people who made Maximum Exposure.

Gotta love every Cookie laced moment.

Talkc on
  • Options
    datac0redatac0re Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arikado wrote: »
    Day one.

Abso-frickin-lutely. I have so many fond memories of playing this cramped around a keyboard with friends, and screwing them over not just by using the screw, but by smacking their hand, causing them to press their button :twisted:

datac0re on
  • Options
    Weenog42Weenog42 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    UBERNOSTRUM

Weenog42 on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    So stoked about this series making a comeback.

The lack of a PC version is a bit of a letdown, though, considering YDKJ's always primarily been for PC

also shameless self-plug but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf7PuBpoUvo

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    So stoked about this series making a comeback.

The lack of a PC version is a bit of a letdown, though, considering YDKJ's always primarily been for PC

also shameless self-plug but

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf7PuBpoUvo

What are you talking about?

They are releasing on 360, Ps3, wii, Ds, AND PC.

Talkc on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Talkc wrote: »
    What are you talking about?

They are releasing on 360, Ps3, wii, Ds, AND PC.

Oh, well then, okay.

Awesome.

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Maybe it's a flickernose testrum?

AnakinOU on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    A Ticklish Henchman, really

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Or a flickerpiss nosecum?

Renzo on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Splinterfist rosebud

Talkc on
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I was a fan of the interaction in the early ones, with Cookie running things "backstage" and handing you off to one of the other hosts. They were often delightfully cruel to one another.

I hope for:
    1) Big Button Controller support
    2) Regularly scheduled additional question content

JonBob on
    jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    snickerclish restroom

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    snickerclish restroom

Mr. Lick best bum

Talkc on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    the best was during The Ride when they gave up on trying to come up with new rhymes for it and just started using actual gibberish

HANKEYBONE DOODLESNORFIN

BLAH DE BLAH BLAH BLAHBLAHMENT

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    the best was during The Ride when they gave up on trying to come up with new rhymes for it and just started using actual gibberish

HANKEYBONE DOODLESNORFIN

Hankeybone. That is like the best gibberish ever.

Talkc on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

HANKEYBONE DOODLESNORFIN

I know, right?

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

HANKEYBONE DOODLESNORFIN

I know, right?

I can't remember which one it was but there was one where the host goes "Hankeybone doodblesnorfin? What the hell? Oh no... nonono... please no." Then the 'Gibberish Question!' announcement plays out and the host is all "fine I guess we HAVE to do this..."

Also, I remember getting the demo for YDKJ1 on PC gamer WAAAAAY back in the day. There were only like 12 questions (3 question demo, but still multiple choices) and I managed to buzz in and correctly answer a question by typing in the answer (if you buzzed in early you had to type out the answer without knowing what the question was). The announcer was unimpressed, actually saying "Well that doesn't surprise me. How many times have you played this demo anyway?"

But... while playing the actual game a couple months later, that question came up and I managed to buzz in and type out the answer. But then the announcer was shocked saying "Wow. I'm uh, I'm speechless."

Plus loading up Jack 2 or 3 and browsing through the outtakes from the credit rolls. Also playing Jack1 on my hacked PS1 and doing the same.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nocren wrote: »
    I can't remember which one it was but there was one where the host goes "Hankeybone doodblesnorfin? What the hell? Oh no... nonono... please no." Then the 'Gibberish Question!' announcement plays out and the host is all "fine I guess we HAVE to do this..."

it was The Ride

in that game a running joke was that all the hosts hated doing them

when it became nate's turn to host he flat at out refused to do gibberish more than once

the other big running joke was that buzz never got his turn to host

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nocren wrote: »

it was The Ride

in that game a running joke was that all the hosts hated doing them

when it became nate's turn to host he flat at out refused to do gibberish more than once

the other big running joke was that buzz never got his turn to host

I remember that. He got to phone in ONE question for the last level.
    Which sucked because I'm weird and Buzz was my favorite host.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    PastyPasty cutscenesmith Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    yesssssssssssssssss

this is obligatory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S52MnI15H4A

i love this game so much.

Pasty on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Buzz really wasn't anywhere near as bad as a lot of the fans made him out to be

all told, there hasn't been a host I didn't like

though admittedly I got a little burned out on Schmitty after he hosted L!F!F!, vol five, and vol six all in a row

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pasty wrote: »
    yesssssssssssssssss

this is obligatory

[fuck you]

i love this game so much.

bwahahahahahaahah this is so great.

I'm kinda bummed that actually didn't try that in the game, for some reason, because it it seems obvious in retrospect.

ahahahaha

Zxerol on
  • Options
    TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh my god, why did I just see this thread?

I have so many incredible memories of playing game after game of You Don't Know Jack with my best friend during middle school. Talk about sharp writing, I hope the original announcer comes back.

What sold me on You Don't Know Jack is how much content there was on one single CD. I remember we played for months and still got new questions and segments. I don't remember the specifics, but I do remember we laughed for a good ten minutes about how, after maybe 3 months of play, we randomly got this one segment, which we never saw again, where the announcer called up some random dude and had him make up a question on the spot.

I could see this becoming huge.

TheSonicRetard on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Ahh yes, the good ol' Fiber Optic Field Trip from YDKJ 1.
    Followed up with the Celebrity Collect Call in YDKJ 2.

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg