As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You Don't Know JACK -- Get it for consoles, not PC. OP has more details.

• Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ohhhh look at Mr. Popular over here who has more than 2 friends to play YDKJ with

:P

My friends don't want to play with me because they'll get owned.

Houn on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm waiting to see how this will control on the Wii. I have four controllers for both that and the PS3 (only one on the 360) and want to see in what way they use the Wiimote. I'm hoping it's one where you use the d-pad to choose your answer, but at the moment, I'm not sure.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Marikir wrote: »
    I'm waiting to see how this will control on the Wii. I have four controllers for both that and the PS3 (only one on the 360) and want to see in what way they use the Wiimote. I'm hoping it's one where you use the d-pad to choose your answer, but at the moment, I'm not sure.

That's pretty much the only way it can be done, barring some stupid waggle. They can't expect everyone to have extra CCs or 'chuks.

Vyolynce on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    20 dollars? Fuck yeah, excellent.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just grabbed it for the 360 right now. Since it's mostly going to be used to play with family/friends in the same room, I don't know that I'd get any use out of the PC one.... although it's tempting.

I also picked up a pack of AA batteries for my Scene-It remotes. It was five bucks for 16 batteries or nine bucks for eight. I don't get it, drug store.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yay I own this now. Now to wait for my built-in friends (i.e. wife and kids) to come home so I can bea- play them.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Figgy wrote: »
    I just grabbed it for the 360 right now. Since it's mostly going to be used to play with family/friends in the same room, I don't know that I'd get any use out of the PC one.... although it's tempting.

I also picked up a pack of AA batteries for my Scene-It remotes. It was five bucks for 16 batteries or nine bucks for eight. I don't get it, drug store.

Let me know how the Screw works with them; I won't be home to play until much later.

Houn on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Apparently there's some DLC up already. 400 points. Assuming this is a question pack? Doesn't really have a description.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    it works the same as it always has, just now the person screwed only gets five seconds to answer and the point value depends on how quickly you used the screw

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Apparently there's some DLC up already. 400 points. Assuming this is a question pack? Doesn't really have a description.

Hot damn, that's great if it's true. I was worried I was going to blow through all of the episodes in like, 2 days.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm wondering, if I grab the pc version, can I use a gamepad for one player and the KB for a second? if so I may resist the urge to go outside today to purchase this. My SO is the only person I know who would come anywhere close to beating me anyways (unless anyone in Downtown Toronto wants to make a fast friend - bring your own 360 controllers! :shock:)

Nalouto on
    :winky:
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I meant, can you do it with the Scene It controller. Someone earlier was saying it's mapped to the trigger, I'm wondering if the d-pad alone on the "buzzer" is enough to use it.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Houn wrote: »

Let me know how the Screw works with them; I won't be home to play until much later.

According to the manual:

RT/LT - Activate Screw
    A Button - Select Screwee

Big Button pad
    Big Button - Activate Screw
    A Button - Select Screwee

So it sounds like perhaps there is no way to manually select a player to screw with either control method... maybe a pointer just goes from player to player and you press the A button when it's on the person you want? The manual doesn't specify. It just says to select the person you want to screw with A. Or maybe you press RT/LT or Big Button to cycle through, and A confirms.

Figgy on
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I wonder if the dlc is either a bonus depending on location of purchase or a "free" pack to be redeemed with a code in box?

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nalouto wrote: »
    I'm wondering, if I grab the pc version, can I use a gamepad for one player and the KB for a second? if so I may resist the urge to go outside today to purchase this. My SO is the only person I know who would come anywhere close to beating me anyways (unless anyone in Downtown Toronto wants to make a fast friend - bring your own 360 controllers! :shock:)

Why would extra functionality prevent you from making a purchase? ;-)

Really though, almost everything made for PC nowadays has 360 controller support native. It would really surprise me if this wasn't the case, but I got the 360 version so one of these fine Steam gents is going to have to tell you for sure. My guess is 95% yes.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Here we go:

7e54907d.jpg5910a683.jpg

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nocren wrote: »
    I wonder if the dlc is either a bonus depending on location of purchase or a "free" pack to be redeemed with a code in box?

I didn't see any codes in the manual, and havn't heard of a pre-order bonus or anything, so I think it might just be a normal release. Swore I saw something that they were going to try to have one out in the first week or two of release.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    jclastjclast Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Directions aside, it looked pretty obvious in the GB quick look that they were selecting players to screw. So trigger/big button to start screw mode, d-pad to change targets, and A to commence screwing.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Speaking of Screws, MAN does it feel good when you get screwed to turn it around and get it right.

Especially when it's in round two, and they screwed right out of the gate when it was at 19 seconds still. :twisted:

SUCK IT

Surprised there wasn't a achievement for it.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Doctor FinkDoctor Fink Bishounen Chewbacca Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    $20 on Steam totally won me over.

So now I'm downloading the game.

Hit me up later for trivia shenanigans.

Doctor Fink on
    PSN: Doctor_Fink / Xbox Live:LieutenantDef / Steam: Doctor Fink
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    jclast wrote: »
    Directions aside, it looked pretty obvious in the GB quick look that they were selecting players to screw. So trigger/big button to start screw mode, d-pad to change targets, and A to commence screwing.

Or RT = next player and LT = previous player. There's only ever 4 options, so you don't need the entire D-pad functionality for it to work. I'd argue that even one button would suffice just to scroll through the players.

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Or RT = next player and LT = previous player. There's only ever 4 options, so you don't need the entire D-pad functionality for it to work. I'd argue that even one button would suffice just to scroll through the players.

That kills it for the big button controller again though. I'm sure they worked something out allowing you to actually choose instead of just waiting for the icon to be over the screwee's name. Mine won't be here until tomorrow or Thursday, but I'll be playing quite a bit then. And probably buying the DLC today. I've got $40 worth of points just waiting to support great products like YDKJ.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Speaking of Screws, MAN does it feel good when you get screwed to turn it around and get it right.

Especially when it's in round two, and they screwed right out of the gate when it was at 19 seconds still. :twisted:

SUCK IT

Surprised there wasn't a achievement for it.

I'm petty sure there's an achievement for deflecting a screw a number of times

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fuck! On Steam but still region locked. I know it's not going to be entirely intelligible from a British culture stand point but I don't care. I just want to give you money and play your game!

Is there some kind of way around this?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Fuck! On Steam but still region locked. I know it's not going to be entirely intelligible from a British culture stand point but I don't care. I just want to give you money and play your game!

Is there some kind of way around this?

Paypal some money to somebody in the US (or any other region it is available in) who is willing to gift it to you.

jclast on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cheers. I will make enquiries.

Success! Downloading now.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Your inbox is full, Jam. The convoy has arrived. Package received!

Figgy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    *Awesome Manuals*

"So, as always, screw at your own risk."

:lol:

Houn on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The wife and I played the first 2 episodes, and for the first few questions of the first one she was more interested in looking at her choreography. She put it away at question 3, and then asked to play another game. She just asked me to do another one after we finished that one. And I kicked her ass both times.

It has begun.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    ruforufo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

That kills it for the big button controller again though. I'm sure they worked something out allowing you to actually choose instead of just waiting for the icon to be over the screwee's name. Mine won't be here until tomorrow or Thursday, but I'll be playing quite a bit then. And probably buying the DLC today. I've got $40 worth of points just waiting to support great products like YDKJ.

Doesn't the Big Button Controller's big button double as a D-Pad? So then it would just be Big Button to screw, Big Button as D-Pad to navigate, and A to select.

Wikipedia agrees, apparently…

rufo on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    rufo wrote: »

Doesn't the Big Button Controller's big button double as a D-Pad? So then it would just be Big Button to screw, Big Button as D-Pad to navigate, and A to select.

Wikipedia agrees, apparently…

It does. It just doesn't look like one.

Figgy on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The wife and I played the first 2 episodes, and for the first few questions of the first one she was more interested in looking at her choreography. She put it away at question 3, and then asked to play another game. She just asked me to do another one after we finished that one. And I kicked her ass both times.

It has begun.

Let me know if you still get dinner.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    KatyaKatya Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Steam store page seems to have changed. Where once it said Multiplayer, it now says Local Co-op. It also now says only two player and the images seem to have changed to reflect that fact. A friend who I sent it to when I first saw it was up there verified that he saw the same thing I did.

Anyone else notice a change? I've already contacted Valve for an explanation/possible refund. :(

Katya on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah, what the shit is this.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    MarikirMarikir Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Considering the original YDKJ on PC was local play only, I wouldn't be surprised if that was still the case for the modern PC version. It used to have up to 3 players though.

I'll keep an eye on how this develops.

Marikir on
    steam_sig.png "Hiding in plain sight." PSN/XBL: Marikir
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    According to the Steam forums, it is indeed 2 player only, no online multiplayer, and not even support for 360 controllers. So I guess there's a reason why this version is only $20.

Fastest deflation of enthusiasm ever. This game can now go and fuck off. I'm not going to support them for treating the platform that birthed the goddamn franchise as the red-headed stepchild.

Zxerol on
  • Options
    KatyaKatya Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Luckily a friend of mine had a window still open to it from earlier and has a number of juicy screenshots of the previous page, including four player images. Also apparently if you click on "view all achievements" it dumps you to the steam main page, so they may have had to remove multiplayer achievements as well.

ITS JACKGATE

Katya on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, I just played a couple quick games over Xbox Live with 4 players. Great fun, and being able to hear the reactions of other people to the questions and right/wrong answers is good (not as good as a YDKJ drinking game, but it'll do in a pinch).

Lag isn't the best, and it's mostly noticeable during Jack Attacks. Fun times, though, and I look forward to Penny Arcade games on this.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    PC treatment is pretty unacceptable, yeah. I'm glad I got a console version, expecting to mainly play this in the living room at parties and stuff.

joshofalltrades on