Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[XBLA Game On] Yu-Gi-Oh! Decade Duels - 12/22/10: DLC Packs Have Arrived!

13»

• The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't play the games anymore, though. Like Pokemon, I just out-grew it.
    Real men play children's card games!

camo_sig.png
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 Yeah, I know, I missed Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I love stampede cards so I can't wait to unlock some more of those.

The term is trample guys.

Except in Yu-gioh where it's called Peircing

Nerrrrrrr...

Seriously though, trample is pretty awesome, it would make walking over stall decks much easier.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I love stampede cards so I can't wait to unlock some more of those.

The term is trample guys.

Except in Yu-gioh where it's called Peircing

Nerrrrrrr...

Seriously though, trample is pretty awesome, it would make walking over stall decks much easier.

SPEAR DRAGON!

I remember that guy. 1900, trample, but goes into def. position after attacking.

Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard | eBay (updated 11-2-14)

[PAX South 2015] [X]badge [ ]flight [X]hotel
    [PAX East 2015] [ ]badge [ ]train(?) [ ]hotel

[3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [360/Steam/One] Redfield85 | [PS3] Recchi85
    edited November 2010
    I saw Big Bang Shot in the loading screen, always wanted that card when I used to play.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You never had that card? Wasn't it pretty common? I know I probably have quite a few of them. I will mail it to you and make your dreams come true. 8-)

Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard | eBay (updated 11-2-14)

[PAX South 2015] [X]badge [ ]flight [X]hotel
    [PAX East 2015] [ ]badge [ ]train(?) [ ]hotel

[3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [360/Steam/One] Redfield85 | [PS3] Recchi85
    edited November 2010
    Nah, there was barely anyone I knew who played the game so I didn't spend a lot on cards.

Thanks anyway.

• OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the Gamertags, redfield85, Newres, and Azues. It should be easier to get the Tag Duel achievements now that the list's up to five. :)

Also, those who haven't checked the OP lately should know that I added a link to the complete (and current for now) list of cards someone added to GameFAQs. Looking through it, I decided to go a step further for the thread and separate the cards into a new list made up of available Archetypes and Types with the rest of the Spells and Traps which don't connect to either coming in last. I'd figured it'd make deciding which decks to try a little easier. Mind you that at 1000 cards, not all of the Archetypes are complete until more cards are added via DLC. When it comes to the listing, I have the Monsters and dedicated Spells and Traps separated to help avoid any confusions. I also added a note if a card's a Tuner, Synchro, Field, Fusion or something equally important.
    Spoiler:

edited November 2010
    Axe of Despair and Skill Drain, awesome.

No Total Defence Shogun though, he was my favourite in Stairway :(

The only thing is that 1000 doesn't seem as much when I know the more recent PSP game has 4000 cards, unless this game was more selective and filtered out the rubbish cards.

• aBlankaBlank Registered User
    edited November 2010

The only thing is that 1000 doesn't seem as much when I know the more recent PSP game has 4000 cards, unless this game was more selective and filtered out the rubbish cards.

there's a metric shit ton of normal monsters that are incredibly pointless that seemed to be gone.

edited November 2010
    aBlank wrote: »

there's a metric shit ton of normal monsters that are incredibly pointless that seemed to be gone.

Are we talking the ones with <1800 ATK, no effect and not a fusion material monster?

Because I am ok with that. I do enjoy the ridiculous flavour text, like 'A monster that accidentally got sent to a different dimension, but he makes a living' :lol:

edited November 2010

Are we talking the ones with <1800 ATK, no effect and not a fusion material monster?

Because I am ok with that. I do enjoy the ridiculous flavour text, like 'A monster that accidentally got sent to a different dimension, but he makes a living' :lol:

yeah basically. They've got the important ones (blue eyes, some 1900 beat sticks, e-heroes, etc) but not much else. Also seemed to cut down on a lot of fusion monsters that did nothing and were combined from worthless shit.

edited November 2010
    I remember those worthless Fusion and Ritual monsters.

'Tremble as I summon my mighty hamburger monster!' (Which I believe didn't even have 2000 ATK points).

• MatevMatev Benjamin Warsaw, Action Six News! It's Benji.......like the dogRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Duck Ninja on XBL if people want to addy.

And there are worthless monsters, I should know, I got the Musician King for a prize card.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Spoiler:
    edited November 2010
    Matev wrote: »
    Duck Ninja on XBL if people want to addy.

And there are worthless monsters, I should know, I got the Musician King for a prize card.

It's pretty worthless but not completely worthless :P You can use it with instant fusion and a tuner to get out a big level 7/8 monster in 1 turn. Since it's a spellcaster, you can use it to summon Arcanite Magician without having loads of spellcasters in your deck too.

I really wish I had some more spell token monsters :[

edited November 2010
    So I made it to the final round of the first tourney and easily beat Yusei round one, then get crushed by Stardust Dragon round 2 and Junk Warrior Round 3, and I only get one card for my efforts :(

• MatevMatev Benjamin Warsaw, Action Six News! It's Benji.......like the dogRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Lame, I know I got at least 2 cards for being Jack's bitch.

Spoiler:
    edited November 2010
    Lame, I know I got at least 2 cards for being Jack's bitch.

you get cards based on how many points you score IIRC. I think it's like every 20 points = 1 card.

I found the best way to fight Yusei is to prevent special summoning (from graveyard or just in general) and/or removing cards from his graveyard. Cards that destroy face down cards and prevent effects from happening work great against Giant Germs/Nimbles. I was lucky enough to pull a pair of Vanity's Fiend which pretty much destroy his deck so long as I can protect them.

You really only need to get rid of any level 2's he sends to his graveyard. I've been using Kycoo the ghost destroyer, but any remove from play effect (macro cosmos, banisher of light, etc) will fuck him up pretty bad.

Save any traps/spells that destroy monsters for any junk monsters he manages to create and you can pretty much beatstick him to death. I've never seen him synchro a stardust dragon... rush recklessly helps for that and (IIRC?) comes in the starter deck.

edited November 2010
    rush recklessly helps for that and (IIRC?) comes in the starter deck.

I think Rush is a prize card actually, I don't remember starting with it in my deck...

Spoiler:
    edited November 2010
    rush recklessly helps for that and (IIRC?) comes in the starter deck.

I think Rush is a prize card actually, I don't remember starting with it in my deck...

I could be mistaken. I must of gotten it early then because I remember being super annoyed by the repeated prompts of "use it now? how about now? now? now? what about now? now?", going online to bitch about it, then reading I could just hold B to skip it.

edited November 2010
    I'm pretty sure I got Rush from the start, can't be certain.

I had the same problem aBlank, along with Dust Tornado and Scapegoat, until I also realised you could hold down B. Although the first time I did that I should have actually activated it and lost a match *kicks self*

EDIT: I am so sick of stalling decks, just went against two in a row. I need more spell/trap removal cards.

• NewresNewres Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I somehow managed to finally beat the single player, against both end bosses after another, with a darkness deck. Just brutal pressure with huge attack normal monsters, 3x the darkness field card + a terraform, Jinzo's for control, and full of one offs. And after all that the next time I play I got wiped out in the first round.

The game is hilariously swingy at times. A faerie deck I built did a brutal turn 2 win with me being first. Turn 1 search for Valhalla, get Athena out + random faerie, use Athena's ability, next turn, play new faerie and Athena's ability + attack got me the exact win.

BTW How are you supposed to get that one gazillion damage thing achievement ? I am sure there are loads of near infinite combos seeing how broken some card are, but what are they exactly ?

960751-1.png
    edited November 2010
    Dammit, I accidentally built a horrible stall deck without realizing it. 3 Scrap Iron Scarecrows make your opponent cry apparently.

Spoiler:
    edited November 2010
    Newres wrote: »
    I somehow managed to finally beat the single player, against both end bosses after another, with a darkness deck. Just brutal pressure with huge attack normal monsters, 3x the darkness field card + a terraform, Jinzo's for control, and full of one offs. And after all that the next time I play I got wiped out in the first round.

The game is hilariously swingy at times. A faerie deck I built did a brutal turn 2 win with me being first. Turn 1 search for Valhalla, get Athena out + random faerie, use Athena's ability, next turn, play new faerie and Athena's ability + attack got me the exact win.

BTW How are you supposed to get that one gazillion damage thing achievement ? I am sure there are loads of near infinite combos seeing how broken some card are, but what are they exactly ?

0 Jinzo's here :( I'm also SO ready to bust out a fairy deck but I can't pull a Sanctuary of the Sky to save my life. I've pretty much got all the staples for a decent fairy deck but I just can't get the location card to make it work. I guess I could play without it but meh.

The damage achievement isn't required to be done in one tourney/sitting. It'll build up over time. I've already got the million damage achievement but still not the 100 wins in single player achievement. Figure 8000 damage minimum to pull off a win and you're looking at 125 wins for the achievement... but again, there are games you lose, going over damage, opponent healing to consider, etc.

Fun single player moment: Guy has a remove from play deck, drops a soul absorption and golden sarcophagus on necroface which removes from play ANOTHER necroface, ends his turn with around 20K hitpoints... also manages to remove my heavy storm, giant trunade, and MST during the discard. That was fun.

• JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This is out? Hell, I'm going to go download it right now. I'll post when I'm ready for some multiplayer.

steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    Thank god for the labelling system, I can see my ideal deck coming together nicely.

Question: Can I go about creating a brand new deck without losing the default one? Because my modified default deck is serving me well but I want to try out my themed deck with the cards I have.

edited November 2010
    Thank god for the labelling system, I can see my ideal deck coming together nicely.

Question: Can I go about creating a brand new deck without losing the default one? Because my modified default deck is serving me well but I want to try out my themed deck with the cards I have.

You can register your deck as a recipe, which is basically the list of cards in your deck. You can have multiple of these and you can rename them as well. I think it is a bit hidden in the deck edit menu.

960751-1.png
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, that's what I thought, just wanted to make sure.

edited November 2010
    The multiplayer of this game is full of "rage quitting" silly geese. And that is in the case when people are actually on playing it. Thankfully the A.I. and its decks is pretty decent. If only there was more meat to the single player.

960751-1.png
    edited November 2010
    Yup, I just beat Jack and Yusei recently (<3 my deck), Rex said I was awesome, the end?

But yeah, the number of AI decks is enough to satisfy me, unless anybody wants to take me on some time.

edited November 2010
    I actually beat both bosses before I found this out, but you can actually quit a match if you are losing and you simply can start right before the match. Yes, even the single player encourages ragequits. To be fair sitting through one of those "remove your deck from the game" stall decks is no fun when they removed all your spell removal from your deck. Although the A.I. can get a bit cocky and decide that they rather defeat me the old fashioned way with a hojillion attack Necroface, only to run into that trap that makes negates the attack and damages them for a hojillion instead.

960751-1.png
    edited November 2010
    Yup, I just beat Jack and Yusei recently (<3 my deck), Rex said I was awesome, the end?

But yeah, the number of AI decks is enough to satisfy me, unless anybody wants to take me on some time.

I'll play ya. GT is Blankosaurus, add me some time.

I'm kind of annoyed because I think the win 100 games achievement has bugged out on me. I've won countless single player 'tourneys' at this point and it still hasn't popped.

RE quitting; it's a handy way to farm cards since it takes (at minimum) twice the amount of time to earn basically the same amount of cards in the 2nd tourney. Better off just farming the first 3 and starting a new game when you're done.

edited December 2010
    For those who have the game, good news! The (hopefully first) DLC has finally arrived. According to those who've bought them, Konami seems to be going the easy route with this (hopefully first) batch as they're 25-card packs sporting cards already in the game, each pack 160 points. According to a GameFAQs poster, the general theme for each pack are..
    Card Pack 1 = Elemental Hero Cards + A few Spells and Traps
    Card Pack 2 = Evil Hero/Cyber Dragon (Seems Random Stuff, alot of fiends) + Spells and Traps
    Card Pack 3 = Gadget/Ancient Gear Pack + Spells/Traps
    Card Pack 4 = Gladiator Beast Pack + Spells/Traps
    Card Pack 5 = Ritual Pack (Zorc etc) + Spells/Traps
    Card Pack 6 = Remove from play Pack + Spells/Traps (Also a bunch of fairy cards)
    Card Pack 7 = Blackwing Pack + Spells/Traps
    Card Pack 8 = Frog/Water/Aqua Pack + Spells/Traps
    Card Pack 9 = Lightsworne Pack + Spells/Traps
    Card Pack 10 = Blowback dragon / Things involving cointosses and burn material

While it's disappointing that they kept us waiting for cards already in the game, this should make it a little easier for those who want to create a certain type of deck more quickly then the game's card-rewarding feature allows.

• DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yet they still have no spellcasters...sigh...

edited December 2010

I'll play ya. GT is Blankosaurus, add me some time.

I'm kind of annoyed because I think the win 100 games achievement has bugged out on me. I've won countless single player 'tourneys' at this point and it still hasn't popped.

RE quitting; it's a handy way to farm cards since it takes (at minimum) twice the amount of time to earn basically the same amount of cards in the 2nd tourney. Better off just farming the first 3 and starting a new game when you're done.

This thread dipped back a bit so I never saw this post, I might be up for it some time.

As for the DLC, I have my deck largely ready, except for a few cards I'd like.

edited December 2010
    Someone posted a list of what exact cards you get in each DLC pack over at GameFAQs. This is what you get for 160 points each.
    Spoiler:

13»