Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

connecting to XBL in a hotel

NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
edited November 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
anyone know how to hook an xbox up to live in a hotel? my laptop is fine but the xbox finds the hotel wifi but then not the internet, and says to reset the router....grrr.
there is no password.

NakedZergling on

1) As a small side note, one day, I really hope to be King Penis of Fuck Mountain.

2) No shitty anime or wolf-people, take that crap to deviant art

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's possible they block it.

I've been able to get to Web sites on my PSP at a hotel, but not connect to PSN.

Excision wrote: »
    My girlfriend is going down tonight!

Steam:MichaelLC
  • mightyjongyomightyjongyo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    More than likely they block it. It's probably a measure on their part to conserve bandwidth and make sure everyone else in the hotel gets the same speeds.

• SniperGuySniperGuy Also known as Dohaeris Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    You can probably ask them about it as well, you'd think a hotel would give a bit more leeway to people in that regard.

3DS: 2509-1593-4994
    Steam Profile
    PSN ID: Dohaeris210
    Treadmill Desk Twitch Stream : status.php?streamuser=SniperGuy210
  • saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What I ended up doing the one time I tried this was:

1) Connect to hotel internet wirelessly via laptop (assuming that's what you have access to)
    2) Sharing my internet connection on my laptop
    3) Hooking up the XBox to the laptop

The reason it wouldn't work directly in my case was while it was unblocked and free, you still had to accept terms and conditions before they'd give you bandwidth. So you'd have to open a browser, click a radio box, and accept, and then you could browse.

banner_160x60_01.gif