Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Glossolalia - Nearly 2 years. 33 threads. 4 games.

SquallSquall hap cloudRegistered User regular
edited November 2010 in Social Entropy++

What the fuck is this?
Glossolalia, the SE++ forum RPG series started up by DE?AD two years ago.

Oh this is that one roleplaying thread that I never click...
That's right! Hopefully this should clear things up for you!

So what exactly is this all about?
It's a play-by-post RPG that has a tendency to get fairly silly, run by our modest GMs DE?AD and Dubh. We've gone through a number of games already: from Glossolalia 4++ (which covered a scat-filled medieval setting to one filled with space-faring cats), to RADlands (Post-Apocalyptic), to the two newest games, Deucarta (Science-based medieval) and Royal Blue (Wacky narrative-based world where any and all things exist).

Alright, can I make a character to kick sand in your character's face?
Sure! Currently we have two games running: Deucarta (run by Dubh) and Royal Blue (DE?AD). The former has already reached the player cap, but the latter isn't starting until 22 Nov so feel free to make your interest known in the thread and we'll help you out!

So how do I make a character?
We play using DE?AD's homemade 100% system, a free-form set of guidelines that whittle your character sheet into two neat lines of text. All rolls are done with a d100, but here's the kicker: the GMs are kind enough to take all the logistics on their side! That means 0% number crunching and power-gamey bullshit, 100% narrative gameplay.

The link to the rules is at the top of the thread, and the GMs and other players will surely help you make your character!

Click HERE for the rules on how to make your character!

Alright, so which game should I play?
Pretty much just Royal Blue, read about it below:

Deucarta

Magic is science. Golems are robots. Spirit philosophers roam the land. Psychics and Wizards battle over ancient artifacts that defy all natural law and reason. This is Deucarta.
Pack your bags and don't forget your sword, 'cause there will be Hell to pay before this journey is over and you don't got the time to stop for lunch.

Choose your adventure! (During play, include the two code words with your stat line!)
Spoiler:

Royal-Blue-Badge.png

The Code of the Royal Blue
An Agent must be an upstanding citizen and an exemplary person of impeachable moral fiber.
An Agent sacrifices himself to protect others. To do less is grounds for removal.
An Agent suffers no weakness of character that would render him a danger to others.
An Agent wears his badge proudly, and openly. His uniform is the colour of the Shield.
An Agent upholds Compassion, Peace, and Freedom, but above all Justice.
An Agent is before all things is an Agent.

[Rules for Character Creation]
> No Crazies.
> No Villains.
> Character Concepts must be delivered in two sentences or less.
> Characters are outstanding at whatever they do.
> Characters must want to be in the Royal Blue.
> Characters must want to do good.

Spoiler:

Seasons now available on HDDVD!

There's no way I'm reading through all of this bullshit.
Yeah don't, it's all crap. Also you don't need to know any of it for the new campaigns.

Glossolalia 4++: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12]

RADlands: [13] [14] [15] [16] [17] [18] [19] [20] [21] [22] [23] [24] [25] [26] [27] [28] [29] [30] [31] [32]

Deucarta & Royal Blue: [33]

Squall on

This discussion has been closed.