As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Glossolalia - Nearly 2 years. 33 threads. 4 games.

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Did she play a girl?

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Also it's more like tony stark with my parents are deaaaaaad and pacifism

Langly on
  • Options
    WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This game looks awesome, but I'm not sure if I want to make a character for it yet. I guess I'll look over the helpful helpful wiki.

Whyther on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Did she play a girl?

no

but in Deucarta she's playing an androgynous golem

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    so it's batman.

has the royal blue thing started yet? I wanna get in on that.

sort of a bank robber/con man who is a supergenius in a really specialized field. Like, he's robbing a bank, the cops show up, and he constructs an incapacitating bomb out of like, a soda can, those indelible ink spraying things, and a cherry bomb, and uses it to escape.

like, macgyver except if he was an anti-hero, he hunts down the criminals and supervillains that give the rest of them a bad name, with their disregard for human life and property. He views what he does as a sort of public service. He takes bad guys out of commission, preferably non-lethally, and robs banks in a safe and respectful manner, giving insurance companies business, people something to watch on the news, and the police valuable on-the-job-training.

I figure that sort of thing like, a minor deus ex machina would be perfect for a world run on narrative causality. Gets him out of tight scrapes, occasionally getting him into even worse ones.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You can't play as a villain

Langly on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    November 22 is go time for Royal Blue

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Could be a reformed criminal though

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I ended up re-writing that haha

I realized I hadn't explained it properly like, as soon as I had posted it.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Even so why would the most elite police force in the world hire an active criminal

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    because if he's working for them, he has the funds and the equipment to capture criminals who are actually dangerous, and he doesn't have to rob banks to fund his exploits.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    no I understand why he'd work for them

but why would they want him and why wouldn't they arrest him

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Oh Oh I know what I want to be now! A female Anubis character

She can control the dead so she'd be useful in total war situations, and I think I'm gonna work on my knowledge of Egyptian mythology so I can see what I can cram into her offense-wise

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Royal Blue sounds fun, I might try to get in on this hawtness this time around.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    This is a lot of interested people.

Wow.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man, sure getting crowded in here all of a sudden.

Dux on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    no I understand why he'd work for them

but why would they want him and why wouldn't they arrest him

because he's a rogueish anti-hero, that sort of narrative is stronger than the po-po.

I dunno, the theme I was going for was 'set a thief to catch a thief'. Like, he's a really good thief and confidence man, but he uses his charisma and skill with mechanics to fight bad guys. The whole bank robbing thing was just a sidebar because he was a vigilante who wasn't independently wealthy or an alien or whatever.

He's been doing it for a while, and the Blue or whoever finally catches up to him, and he's like "well I was being a criminal guess it's over" and they're all "we've got the perfect job for someone of your capabilities."

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    sure okay

that's why I was saying reformed criminal

makes a little more sense

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    yeah pretty much. I was trying to work out his story via the forums instead of being like

I'LL REMEMBER IT because I won't.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hello all you new people!

Every single one of you is now my friend!

Group hugs for all

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

Group hugs for all

PBF115-Hug_Bot.jpg

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Group hugs for all

augh your beard is scratching me

Shabooty on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    jesus there is a three page gap between Dubh's thread and this page and none of it is an Antheus in-character

guess I'll break the ice

T4CT on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [Dokk][John Raller][Human] Stress 0% Special 0% Progress 0%
    Traits: [Sketch Artist 17% C] [Awkward 15% B] [Carpenter 25% A] [Magician's Apprentice 25% AC] [Pussy 20% D]
    Equipment: [Speed Racer]
    Wounds:

The son of a modestly wealthy family, when it was discovered that John held a natural aptitude for magic, he was sent to train with a local sorcerer. In spite of his obviously high potential, his clumsiness and underachieving attitude led to disastrous results, and he was deemed unteachable. His parents, who had spent a significant portion of their savings to pay for his training, disowned him, and he was forced to get a job working as a carpenter to support himself. He absolutely hates it, and is looking for anything that might earn him enough money to get a better life.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    T4CT wrote: »
    jesus there is a three page gap between Dubh's thread and this page and none of it is an Antheus in-character

guess I'll break the ice

got something in the works, been busy doing stuff this morning

Squall on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Shhhh firetruck, you'll ruin it

Shabooty that's not my beard

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    ehhh ok i might wait for you to post

i'm having a little trouble deciding exactly how i'm going to respond to this with a capitalist golem guy

T4CT on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    you dont have to wait for me to post

also welcome to gloss, we post a lot OOC

Squall on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Another thing people need to keep in mind when making their characters: DE?AD and Dubh want you to try and make a really interesting character first without any of the supernatural abilities. This goes double for Royal Blue: make an intriguing person, think about what they're good at, and then push that thing to the limit

We've had a few characters before that seemed interesting in concept, but after a couple weeks of playing found that they got tired of the character's gimmick and couldn't really develop it in an interesting way.

That isn't to discourage folks from making super-powered characters, just make sure there's something more to them than 'he can control fire and shoot lightning from his toes'

Squall on
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    [Epicetus][Human][Hikkery] Stress 0% Special 0%
    [Politically Astute 25% (A)] [Inspiring 35% (C)] [Guerrilla Warrior 20% (A, B)] [Brothel Whelp 15% (A)] [Hard Ass 5% (D)]

A man leans against the door. He's a very large man, stockily built, hands bigger than a Gnome. Two wild, bight blue eyes peer their way out of his handsome skull. Upon said skull rests an unruly mop of wiry black hair. He has deep, olive skin.

Epicetus scratches his short, well trimmed beard.

"Hav, can you get to the godsdamned point?"

Shock G on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »
    I will accept a ghost cop.

This is my compromise.

Eeeeee!
    DE?AD you have made me the happiest girl in the world

Langly wrote: »
    But why a train?

Ghost Train came to me in a dream and I found the idea too powerfully awesome to ignore

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    hmm

this 'Deucarta' thing seems interesting

will it be a problem if I can only post late at night? unsure how fast things move on an average day of playing, maybe it might not be feasible to have someone who makes their posts way after everyone else

also I'd need some assistance with creating a character

gurusloth on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    most in game posts happen at night so you'd be fine

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    and people here are pretty much always ready to assist in making a character

also man conceptualizing my guy for Royal Blue has reinvigorated my childhood joy of playing with hotwheels

all across the desk while i'm working all day these babies just ZOOM

i almost want to set up a track around my workspace so when I need narrative direction I can just send hotwheels down the track and into a boiling pot of lava or something until I think of neat ways to talk about why a game is bad.

T4CT on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    Another thing people need to keep in mind when making their characters: DE?AD and Dubh want you to try and make a really interesting character first without any of the supernatural abilities. This goes double for Royal Blue: make an intriguing person, think about what they're good at, and then push that thing to the limit

We've had a few characters before that seemed interesting in concept, but after a couple weeks of playing found that they got tired of the character's gimmick and couldn't really develop it in an interesting way.

That isn't to discourage folks from making super-powered characters, just make sure there's something more to them than 'he can control fire and shoot lightning from his toes'

but they're really cool toes!

Langly on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    gurusloth wrote: »
    hmm

will it be a problem if I can only post late at night? unsure how fast things move on an average day of playing, maybe it might not be feasible to have someone who makes their posts way after everyone else

Sup, Guru.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    gurusloth wrote: »
    hmm

Sup, Guru.

sup Marsh

okay, I'll try this thing out

gonna make a Husk who hits things and wears a wide-brimmed hat over his eyes

more to come, gotta go to work now

gurusloth on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    that wide brimmed hat makes me nervous, Kay McPoppinston

Shock G on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    okay now I don't know if I want to do deucarta or wait for royal blue

or if I'm in over my head and want to retreat to my lair and forget I ever attempted anything

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    dichotomy, the thing about role playing games is, you just gotta chill and not think about it too much

Shock G on
This discussion has been closed.