As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cookie Brigade, PAX East 2011: OVER 9000! ($9600 - and counting - for Child's Play!)

• Options
    TheRobotGuyTheRobotGuy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Krissta wrote: »
    Oh yeah, baked a test batch of my nutella chocolate chunk cookies. I hate to toot my own horn (honk!), but they are pretty epic. I mean, one of the best cookies I've ever tasted. It's not me, it's all the nutella's doing. ;-)

Can't wait to try one.

TheRobotGuy on
    Fuck You Bottle is the name of my Jonathan Coulton cover band.
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh yeah, baked a test batch of my nutella chocolate chunk cookies. I hate to toot my own horn (honk!), but they are pretty epic. I mean, one of the best cookies I've ever tasted. It's not me, it's all the nutella's doing. ;-)

Personally, I'm of the opinion that anything with Nutella is instantly better.. And you really shouldn't toot your horn in public. Just saying.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hyouko wrote: »
    Hey all. Still possible to get in on this? I'll be at PAX East first thing Friday and I'd be happy to bring along some cookies - my plan's to do some chocolate sandwich cookies w/raspberry buttercream frosting. I've signed up over on the website; is there anything else I should do to verify that I'm an actual real person who wants to donate some cookies?

(Man, it's been years since I've posted on the PA forums. This seems like a pretty good reason to do so, though.)

Hey Hyouko,

Most definitely! Sign up over at http://cookie-brigade.com ASAP and I can get you all set up!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Menolly07 wrote: »

Personally, I'm of the opinion that anything with Nutella is instantly better.. And you really shouldn't toot your horn in public. Just saying.

Some people might like it. Just sayin'.

/gigglesnort

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Can't wait to try one.

Make sure you come find me!!! :)

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    Alucard_TepishAlucard_Tepish Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    Hay Everyone just got done making my cookies all chocolate chip around 75 or so plannin on tryin to make more if i get a chance but just wanted to let you all know this is going to be awesome!!!

Alucard_Tepish on
  • Options
    browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    i am a zombie today since i was up till after midnight last night attaching hundreds of tiny m&ms to my 10 dozen katamari cake balls!!! but they are all done!!!!!

now just packing them safely for plane transportation will be the challenge :P

browncoatbeth on

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    karmacappa wrote: »
    If you're looking for Brigadeers, they will also be wearing gold colored pins. Shown here is a gold colored pin and a silver colored pin (the lighting in this room was a little yellow to begin with). The silver pins are special tokens of thanks for those that donate generously. We're going to try to do a pin for every PAX, with the year number done up in blue for East, red for Prime.
    5510809851_9e6fec34d0_b.jpg

Why are the colors for prime and east reversed?

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    TheRobotGuyTheRobotGuy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Can't wait to try one.

For nutella cookies, I'll hunt you down like a T-1000. LOL

TheRobotGuy on
    Fuck You Bottle is the name of my Jonathan Coulton cover band.
  • Options
    karmacappakarmacappa Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »

Why are the colors for prime and east reversed?

The cool answer:
    Because we're rebels.

The real answer:
    We had some ideas for colors early on in an arbitrary fashion, and we never really changed parts of it. The question never really came up because we were more worried about the design rather than the coloration.

karmacappa on
    "In Europe, it's not America."
    Scott Kurtz, The Morning After, Aug 31 - 2010
  • Options
    WizMasterWizMaster Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OK, some of these aren't making it to PAX. I'm still making the chocolate chip, I haven't started the oatmeal raisin yet. I'm probably going to keep baking until I run out of ingredients. I'm also going to seal them individually in sandwich bags instead of doing that whole tin and bread thing. It should be fine. I'm going to be at the Westin tomorrow evening so I'll just keep them in my room until the Friday morning meeting.

WizMaster on
  • Options
    ZazumZazum Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've made around 50 Oreo Balls, they're delicious and about to be drizzled with melted chocolate bars. I'm so excited to be participating, even if I am signing up a little late ;-)

Zazum on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    OK, quick question. My cookies are coming out about 2 oz. and 3 in. diameter. Do I put one or two in a bag? I don't usually bake stuff to sell so I'm not sure whether that constitutes as a small or large cookie.

WizMaster on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    No worries! You're doing great WizMaster, and we really appreciate the help! =)=)

Awesome Zazum! It will take all my willpower to prevent myself from eating one! ;)

EDIT: Oh, WizMaster... hmm, it's right on the border I'd say. If you start getting impatient, double bagging wouldn't be bad at that size: but feel free to single bag if you find you have the time to do so!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'll bag them individually and let you guys decide then. Now back to the oven.

WizMaster on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Can't wait to try one.

For nutella cookies, I'll hunt you down like a T-1000. LOL

Bahah! :)

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    So far, 19 Chocolate Chips and 21 Oatmeal Raisins. That's it for the oatmeal and man are they oaty. Alton Brown wasn't kidding. Never really been a fan of oatmeal cookies but I'm sure there will be a few pack mules at PAX for them. I'm not sure sure how many more CC I can make but it should be enough for at least two more dozen.

WizMaster on
  • Options
    crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    All cookies have been baked! I think I have … 158 chocolate chip cookies. They're going into bags by threes. But I might set some aside to make it an even 150 with 50 to be handed out each day.

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Man, I'm glad I'm also distributing because I overestimated (to myself) on the amount of cookies I can make. It's looking like around 5 dozen nutella cookies, and probably 3 or 4 dozen sugar cookies. I'm glad I have some friends baking! :) All you people baking oodles of cookies, I have some major respect for you! It's easy to make a batch of cookies, but 10?! :)

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Man, I'm glad I'm also distributing because I overestimated (to myself) on the amount of cookies I can make. It's looking like around 5 dozen nutella cookies, and probably 3 or 4 dozen sugar cookies. I'm glad I have some friends baking! :) All you people baking oodles of cookies, I have some major respect for you! It's easy to make a batch of cookies, but 10?! :)

Quote for truth. Next year I'm going to start a few days early and ship some. This also drove home the fact that I need a mixer and food processor.

WizMaster on
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Final numbers on the candy.

372 bags of space invaders candy ( 6 pieces per bag)
    35 bags of Extra Man Candy (two pieces per bag)

I'll also have some loose Pi Symbol candies for people in BYOC, they didn't come out good enough to be distributed unfortunately. But they're still tasty.

ransim on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    WizMaster wrote: »

Quote for truth. Next year I'm going to start a few days early and ship some. This also drove home the fact that I need a mixer and food processor.

I have all day tomorrow off to prepare, but I just can't bake anymore! Haha!

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    150 chocolate chip cookies, 3 per sandwich baggie, roughly 50 cookies per day :)

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • Options
    Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I just finished the chocolate chip gluten free cookie box mix and they are yummy. Anyone who eats sugar-free cookie it must be an acquired taste because I think they taste weird.

Lady Lilybell on
    5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Options
    emf715emf715 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My fifth-graders were so excited for this, I had to set a 2 dozen limit per kid for all my little bakers. I may need to bring another piece of luggage on the train just for the cookies.

emf715 on
  • Options
    Menolly07Menolly07 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    No joke, actually. I've hit a weight issue. Usually we barely fill one suitcase. We're taking two this year because of cookies... Here's the kicker. I'm am severely OVERweight now!! I may actually have to pair back cookies.

Menolly07 on
    Still PAXing strong. [E] for lyfe. ELand forever.
    twitter.com/Menolly07
  • Options
    IxmasatIxmasat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Pretty sure I'm done baking since I'll be running around tomorrow before we start driving tomorrow night, and the count is at 55 bags of cookies in three varieties: cranberry vanilla icebox cookies, chewy coconut cookies, and oatmeal cranberry cookies (which taste like Capn Crunchberries - in a good way)! If get back from my running and have an extra few hours...we'll see what happens:)

Not too shabby for someone who was only planning on distributing and didn't have a baking plan-of-attack set up in advance.

Ixmasat on
  • Options
    ZombiRificZombiRific Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've just finished baking some cookies, and I would like to know where they should be going. I signed up on the website but my membership hasnt been approved yet.

sooooooooo excited! <3

-Mel

ZombiRific on
  • Options
    Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I also did a last minute registration... I was in the old google group, but sadly was too absent-minded to check that you guys switched over to the new system. I distributed at PAX prime last year, if that helps.

Cultural Geek Girl on
    Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • Options
    WildBil52WildBil52 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I ran out of time and I can't make cookies. Is it too late to help distribute?

WildBil52 on
    @GamersLikeMe-follow me, I love games and other things that are awesome.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wildbil: Nay, not too late if you want to lend a hand!

Geek Girl: No worries! Let me get you set up!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks for helping us latebies out. I'm signed up and signed on now!

Cultural Geek Girl on
    Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com
  • Options
    hml151hml151 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My cookies made it to Joy! Everyone have a great PAX East!

hml151 on
    Max sig size: 500x80px OR 4 lines of text
    School Girl Goodness...Watch for us at future PAX Prime events. If want some of my geek chic collection, click on the etsy link.

http://s774.photobucket.com/user/SchoolGirlGoodness/library/
    https://www.etsy.com/shop/VeronatheMad

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Woot! you rock hml! =)

Remind me on the site to give you the gaming baker Achievement when we get back from PAX!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I know I'm being last-minute, but I was making some goodies for my group for the con, and figured why the heck not make a few dozen more for the Brigade?

Is it too late to help out? I stole my dad's cake-mix cinnamon chip cookie recipe. Mmmmmm...

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
  • Options
    JDubsJDubs Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey folks!

I signed up for the main site pretty early, but I don't seem to have been verified yet (I tend to lurk until PAX time). I've got between 6 and 8 dozen chocolate chip cookies packaged and ready to go, but no idea where to drop them off. I'll be arriving at PAX around 9:30am on Friday. What's the word?

JDubs on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hi JDubs! I sent you a PM a few days ago... did you receive it? Check your private messages!

ironysparkles, it's not too late, but it ALMOST is. i'm on the train back to my home as we speak and we're halfway there... in another hour I'll be printing out the registration list. Sign up at http://cookie-brigade.com.

I'll send you the Questionaire via PM right now to try and speed this up.

In less than an hour registration will be closed! Please send replies to PMs as soon as possible if you received one and still haven't replied, or you will not be able to get in to register for the event!

EDIT: Actually JDubs, I sent you a PM a long, long time ago... it wasn't a few days ago. I'm checking now to see whether your account even exists anymore, just a minute.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    JDubsJDubs Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just checked my PM's now and saw the old one. My account on cookie brigade is there but has a nice red banner that says we are a benevolent secret society that performs guerrilla acts of kindness and must exercise due caution.

If you need to get me on Twitter I just need to know what Twitter account will be contacting me; I keep my thread private.

JDubs on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Aye, please reply to the PM! We won't be contacting by Twitter: we had an idea for how to use Twitter, but we're going to be using phone numbers if needed for now.

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Great! I signed up on the site, and I just answered your PM. :D

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png