As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Cookie Brigade, PAX East 2011: OVER 9000! ($9600 - and counting - for Child's Play!)

• Options
    JDubsJDubs Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Replied back to last year's PM, so hopefully you have my info now. I'm following this thread now too, so if my info doesn't come through let me know and I'll try again. Basically, my contact info is the same as last year, so if you have that PM, then we are good to go. Also, if access to the cookie brigade site can be sorted out I can monitor that too. My account name there is the same as here.

JDubs on
  • Options
    VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ah, yes: now I see what happened. It was so long ago that we hadn't actually established the whole questionaire protocol yet. Okay, you're all set! Sorry about the red tape there. ;)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Okay, both of you should have access now: head to the Events section and sign up! We're pulling up to the stop before mine. Phew, last minute! ;)

To all other Brigadiers or potential Brigadiers: if you received a PM and haven't replied to it, at this point we're out of time. Please reply to the PM so we can get you set up for the next PAX! If you have baked and wish to still participate or contribute, try to flag down one of us at PAX itself and we'll see what we can do!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Yay! I'm so excited! I'm done with baking, now I'm just packing and FREAKING OUT!!! lol

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Phew, I know how you feel! =)

VThornheart on
  • Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm glad I made cookies - kept me busy tonight instead of sitting around, full of anxious energy for tomorrow!

I made three kinds of cookies. They're all bagged 2 to a bag, and have lame little tags. :P

16 bags of chocolate with peanut butter chips
    13 bags chocolate chip
    17 bag cinnamon chip

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
  • Options
    TheRobotGuyTheRobotGuy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Krissta wrote: »
    Yay! I'm so excited! I'm done with baking, now I'm just packing and FREAKING OUT!!! lol

I had no heat last night, leaving my apartment too cold to sleep in. I'm running on 2 hours sleep and about to be on my way to Boston in an hour. I know how you feel. I hope your cookies have enough sugar to keep me going for a little bit. Mine do, but there for the other PAXers.

TheRobotGuy on
    Fuck You Bottle is the name of my Jonathan Coulton cover band.
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Just got into BYOC, stocked with all of the candy, chocolates and popcorn. ^_^

ransim on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh man, my girlfriend and I may both have to join this for our attendance tomorrow. That's pretty awesome.

Hmmm... I wonder how many we could make tonight.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    boozysmurfboozysmurf Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey folks! I had 4 dozen cookies sent down from Ottawa with me, by someone who, unfortunately, couldn't attend this year.

Who do I take 'em to, and how/when do I get 'em there? I'm at the seaport, so it's not a big deal to get cookies to where they need to be.

If you could get back to me @boozysmurf on twitter, or my GF, @dogandgarden we can get these cookies into your hands!

Thanks!

boozysmurf on
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    boozysmurf wrote: »
    Hey folks! I had 4 dozen cookies sent down from Ottawa with me, by someone who, unfortunately, couldn't attend this year.

Who do I take 'em to, and how/when do I get 'em there? I'm at the seaport, so it's not a big deal to get cookies to where they need to be.

If you could get back to me @boozysmurf on twitter, or my GF, @dogandgarden we can get these cookies into your hands!

Thanks!

Bring them to BYOC

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I looked for you guys all day today. Oh well, maybe tomorrow!

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    emf715emf715 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm going to start following the #needcookies tag on Twitter if anyone is craving a Cookie Brigade delivery. :)

emf715 on
  • Options
    SilcrisSilcris Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I have tweeted D<!
    *The face is in fact a face of determination.

Silcris on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    emf715 wrote: »
    I'm going to start following the #needcookies tag on Twitter if anyone is craving a Cookie Brigade delivery. :)

The official hash tag for the brigade is #paxcookies. If you use this hashtag while tweeting a few of us are monitoring it but its primarily for brigadiers who need supplies or access. I"m also monitoring just the phrase Cookie Brigade but I'll add #needcookies as well.

ransim on
  • Options
    SilcrisSilcris Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Those cookies were delicious!!

Silcris on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Don't remember who I got my cookie from earlier today, but thanks! Always happy to donate and I got an awesome 2011 brigade pin. You all rock.

Whoever it was, I gave you one of my trading cards!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    d0ughb0yd0ughb0y Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    cookies on minecraft line right now. thanks cookie super heroes!

d0ughb0y on
  • Options
    emf715emf715 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    d0ughb0y wrote: »
    Delivered! :)

emf715 on
  • Options
    d0ughb0yd0ughb0y Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    emf715 wrote: »
    d0ughb0y wrote: »
    Delivered! :)

it wasn't a demand... it was an announcement. the chocolatechip were wonderful

d0ughb0y on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Glad you guys are enjoying them! We started out today with a massive pile of supplies. That pile has now dwindled, but we'll be out in-force to round out the last day of PAX Sunday! So look for us.

ransim on
  • Options
    D Versus AD Versus A Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ransim wrote: »
    Glad you guys are enjoying them! We started out today with a massive pile of supplies. That pile has now dwindled, but we'll be out in-force to round out the last day of PAX Sunday! So look for us.

I bought some bacon and choclatechip cookies from Punzie...If anyone else have those, please let me know where to find you! You can have all my money!

D Versus A on
    Friend: Wow..what happened to him?
    Me: He dun goofed.
    Friend: .........What?
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I want more chocolate chip cookies! I'll be on the lookout!

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    _stephaniesays__stephaniesays_ Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    I keep running out within minutes.
    And I've only seen one other brigadier on the floor. I want to buy cookies, too!

_stephaniesays_ on
  • Options
    LanderolinLanderolin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Had some awesome choc-chip and butterscotch cookies today, thanks whoever made them.

And really? Goatse cookies? You sick little puppies... :P

Landerolin on
    Pokecrawl 2011 - Team Squirtle!
    Tweet me @Landerolin
  • Options
    ironysparklesironysparkles Lowell, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Glad I could help out, and I really like the pin! Though the little backing fell off and I nearly lost it only about 2 hours after I got it. :P

I actually only saw 2 brigadiers all weekend, and then only one of them had cookies, but wasn't actively handing them out at the time. I guess I was just never where you guys were? The cookies I got were pretty good, in any case!

ironysparkles on
    UyhWici.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I had such a good time! :) I did notice that a lot of people had no idea what the cookie brigade was all about, but once they heard what and why we were doing what we were, people were more than generous!

On Saturday night, I just happened to come across two gentlemen who were willing to take a pic with me showing off my CB bag! :)
    f0da6d10.jpg

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I had such a good time! :) I did notice that a lot of people had no idea what the cookie brigade was all about, but once they heard what and why we were doing what we were, people were more than generous!

On Saturday night, I just happened to come across two gentlemen who were willing to take a pic with me showing off my CB bag! :)
    f0da6d10.jpg

that's so cool!

aerynkelly on
    fss_overall.png
  • Options
    crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

f0da6d10.jpg
    ... Awesome! I found the tall gentleman in front of me at Starbucks in the Boston Waterfront Westin this morning and gave him the chocolate chips cookies I set aside for him and his friend.

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hi everybody!

Phew, I got home and immediately went to sleep... so tired!

But now that I'm awake, I can announce that we have officially earned more than $9600 for Child's Play!

Thank you also to all the bakers, who have made an unprecedented sum of cookies: more than we've ever received before, and that allowed us to continue distributing all the way through even right up to and during the Omegathon finals itself!

And thank you to the distributors, who ran around all weekend giving cookies to those in need!

And most especially, a HUGE thank you to everyone at PAX for your generosity: every single one of you who gladly took a cookie and contributed to Child's Play have brought about another record setting PAX for the Cookie Brigade, and another astoundingly large sum for Child's Play! You guys rock SO MUCH!

VThornheart on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey, thanks for the cookies! They were delicious.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Hi everybody!

But now that I'm awake, I can announce that we have officially earned more than $9600 for Child's Play!

Thank you also to all the bakers, who have made an unprecedented sum of cookies: more than we've ever received before, and that allowed us to continue distributing all the way through even right up to and during the Omegathon finals itself!

And thank you to the distributors, who ran around all weekend giving cookies to those in need!

And most especially, a HUGE thank you to everyone at PAX for your generosity: every single one of you who gladly took a cookie and contributed to Child's Play have brought about another record setting PAX for the Cookie Brigade, and another astoundingly large sum for Child's Play! You guys rock SO MUCH!

Ahhh!!!!! :):):) SO awesome!!!!

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hi everybody!

Totally awesome! :D

crimsong19 on
    PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • Options
    cprincipecprincipe Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    OK this is totally a shot in the dark BUT

I spoke with a very nice woman from the cookie brigade Saturday night at the concert. She offered me and my friends some buckeyes and I threw in $10 for Child's Play. She had Tetris toys for us to say thanks.

Later in the evening we saw a rolled-up poster on the ground and couldn't figure out who it belonged to. We are worried it belonged to our cookie guardian angel, but couldn't find her.

I haven't opened the poster in case it was something special/personal, but I still have it.

So if you meet this description, and are missing a poster, let me know and I'll figure out how to get it to you.

cprincipe on
  • Options
    carocaro Registered User new member
    edited March 2011
    OVER 9000 ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

I baked for the Brigade this year and I can't wait to come back next year and distribute. I made my cookies with lots of love and I hope they went over well! Mine were vegan peanut butter, lemon poppyseed, molasses spice, and of course a crapton of chocolate chip.

caro on
  • Options
    TheRobotGuyTheRobotGuy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I was in over my head. Next year, I'll do better. Over 9000 is freakin' sweet, though.

TheRobotGuy on
    Fuck You Bottle is the name of my Jonathan Coulton cover band.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I was in over my head. Next year, I'll do better. Over 9000 is freakin' sweet, though.

You weren't the only one. ;) It's daunting.

Krissta on
    Ln5yLL7.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

This was my second year, I only kinda sorta distributed at Prime and it was intimidating. This year was just as intimidating, but I found teaming up made it much easier. So I spent most of the weekend running around with AerynKelly and Robziel.

ransim on
  • Options
    ZazumZazum Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thanks to everyone who baked, donated, and ate my homemade Oreo Balls! They were apparently a big hit. It felt amazing to raise money for Child's Play and I had such a fun time in the process!

Highlight of my weekend was Jerry and Mike trying the VERY LAST ONES I had left. What an experience.

Zazum on
  • Options
    IxmasatIxmasat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ransim wrote: »

This was my second year, I only kinda sorta distributed at Prime and it was intimidating. This year was just as intimidating, but I found teaming up made it much easier. So I spent most of the weekend running around with AerynKelly and Robziel.

Yeah, I am in this club too. Intimidation paralysis got me down a bit. Definitely going to try to team up from the get go next time - the more the merrier, eh?

Also, whoever made the chocolate chip cookies using Alton Brown's recipe...rave reviews from everyone I passed those out to on Friday (ooooh they were gone right quick)! Had someone get one, take a bite, and promptly donate again for another.

But ohhhh man you guys, over $9600?! This is amazingly wonderful.

Ixmasat on