As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jeep [Chat]okee

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The lip synching in that LA Noire trailer is pretty neat BUT

they still can't get emotional facial expressions right. When that guy should "THAT'S NOT TRUE" and sounds like he's crying, he still has more or less the same deadpan expression as everyone else.

they're getting there, though

I like seeing the improvements as people get better at this stuff

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hmm Finally playing and beating Warcraft III might be cool. I liked what I saw of the singleplayer campaign. Didn't like the multiplayer at all, though.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Honk wrote: »
    Guys srsly I am doing an awesome thing here. We are making a James Bond parody and the actor as Bond is the school dean. The dean of a 18 000+ students university. It is so much fun!

danger zone :whistle:

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The last time I played simcity it was the DS version and I found it frustrating. No matter what I did there would be some pollution, and pollution never goes away, ever. And it's cumulative. So over time even the most perfectly designed areas get polluted and become zero property value.

Worthless piece of shit game.

All you had to do was buy the cleaner power plants and get recycling. Or more green spaces.

Nope.

I didn't play the DS version much but I'm pretty sure that just surrounding the pollution-producing areas with flower gardens and shit made the pollution vanish. And putting power plants on the map corners was always a good cheat.

Yeah it does

Really my complaint with that game was it was so stupidly simple. I could basically max out an entire map with a couple hours of half-assed work =\

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Warcraft 3 needs to download faster!

Good game. I would so play this with folks.

Also ugh someone come play one game of LoL with me. I want to play then go!

I'm mainly snatching it up for the singleplayer. War3's multiplayer was... it was a strange beast, let us say.

I had fun with it. Never was major awesome but I had fun. I enjoyed the heroes aspect+the army.

I watched the War3 Finals at Blizzcon and it was just like "Man, the game you are playing doesn't even resemble what I played."

It's not like SC2 where the top players are doing the same stuff just way better, it was just like, a whole new world.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am impressed by the mouth animations tho.

It's way better than the general "omnomnomnom" motions you see a lot. Their lips move and bend and actually seem like they wrap around the teeth/mouth like in real life. These guys can actually sneer and smirk.

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The last time I played simcity it was the DS version and I found it frustrating. No matter what I did there would be some pollution, and pollution never goes away, ever. And it's cumulative. So over time even the most perfectly designed areas get polluted and become zero property value.

All you had to do was buy the cleaner power plants and get recycling. Or more green spaces.

Nope.

I didn't play the DS version much but I'm pretty sure that just surrounding the pollution-producing areas with flower gardens and shit made the pollution vanish. And putting power plants on the map corners was always a good cheat.

The DS version is hell of broken. Bought it the day it came out and that thing pissed me off so much.

Also: 2d terrain. It's actually a step back from 2000.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Irond Will wrote: »
    dang

woke up at 3:30

crazt

I just woke up a few minutes ago but in my defense I am riding high on antihistamines

[neckbeard]
    Bone to pick with you. The lack of Captain America so far in the Avenger's Cartoon is annoying me. I know it's original roster and apparently they find him later but the Avengers without Cap is like fried chicken without the skin. Also why is Janet 16? And evil Nick Fury does not amuse me. [/neckbeard]

No worries, they will not be Cap-less for long. And I think (being vague) the things that happen when he isn't on the team highlight the reasons why they will need him.

Can't argue with you about the Wasp, but I will say that I like her. She's fun!

While the show's Iron Man is obviously really heavily influenced by the movies, I think the show's Fury is in turn really heavily influenced by the current comics and by the Ultimates comics, where he really is kind of a manipulative bastard. I guess that plotline with the four prisons is straight out of something that happened a few years ago in the Bendis Avengers books.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There should be a snack food with a perfectly smooth outside and all the flavor inside so there are no crumbs or spice dust.

Also, Fury has never ever been a nice person. He's always been a hardcore Army man, and he does whatever it takes to defend the Constitution and the principles within it. If he has to browbeat someone into helping, he'll do it.

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Warcraft 3 needs to download faster!

Good game. I would so play this with folks.

Also ugh someone come play one game of LoL with me. I want to play then go!

I'm mainly snatching it up for the singleplayer. War3's multiplayer was... it was a strange beast, let us say.

I had fun with it. Never was major awesome but I had fun. I enjoyed the heroes aspect+the army.

I watched the War3 Finals at Blizzcon and it was just like "Man, the game you are playing doesn't even resemble what I played."

It's not like SC2 where the top players are doing the same stuff just way better, it was just like, a whole new world.

I always just made a bunch of grunts and shamans

bloodlust GO

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    There should be a snack food with a perfectly smooth outside and all the flavor inside so there are no crumbs or spice dust.

Oh man, it would be perfect for sticking up your ass! They could call it "The snack you can pack!"

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    anyone want to play a multiplayer game of civ5? I've only played single so far.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Nope.

I played it quite a bit one underway, and even made a "Fuck it I'll line everything with parks" city in frustration. I placed the power plants way away from everything else, even though it was expensive as fuck.

Same. Exact. Results.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hmm Finally playing and beating Warcraft III might be cool. I liked what I saw of the singleplayer campaign. Didn't like the multiplayer at all, though.

I beat the entire game on hard up until the last mission. I kept getting mauled so I used the fog of war chat to see what was going on.

Then I laughed, turned on god mode and waltzed through the mission :P

HappylilElf on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gooey wrote: »
    I always just made a bunch of grunts and shamans

bloodlust GO

Yeah, these guys were like, using their ancient of war (barracks for night elf) to like, help kill big creep camps at level 1 at the start of the match.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Also, Fury has never ever been a nice person. He's always been a hardcore Army man, and he does whatever it takes to defend the Constitution and the principles within it. If he has to browbeat someone into helping, he'll do it.

I think they call these "M&Ms"

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I am bored

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »

No worries, they will not be Cap-less for long. And I think (being vague) the things that happen when he isn't on the team highlight the reasons why they will need him.

Can't argue with you about the Wasp, but I will say that I like her. She's fun!

While the show's Iron Man is obviously really heavily influenced by the movies, I think the show's Fury is in turn really heavily influenced by the current comics and by the Ultimates comics, where he really is kind of a manipulative bastard. I guess that plotline with the four prisons is straight out of something that happened a few years ago in the Bendis Avengers books.

Fury hasn't come across so much as manipulative as just an evil bastard. And he's always been a bastard, just not an evil one. The fight scenes were good, and I'm going to keep watching but it's a little grumpy old man about small bits.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Nope.

I played it quite a bit one underway, and even made a "Fuck it I'll line everything with parks" city in frustration. I placed the power plants way away from everything else, even though it was expensive as fuck.

Same. Exact. Results.

Yeah, DS version sucks.

Though the DS port of The Settlers II Gold was pretty much perfect. There's a couple menu glitches but they don't impact gameplay. Other than that works great.

RiemannLives on
    Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    man i don't feel so good

woke up a few hours ago, went to find a second comforter

threw up a few times... got the chills

sore throat

ffffuuu

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Organichu wrote: »
    man i don't feel so good

sore throat

ffffuuu

thats kind of how i feel right now

but i am at work

yaaaayyyyyyayayayy

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    We also made a Der Untergang parody with the students union president.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    man i don't feel so good

sore throat

ffffuuu

I hope you called in sick for work.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It weirds me out how everyone's talking about the Avengers cartoon when Brave and the Bold is still airing and remains the best kids'/manchildren's superhero show of the past several years.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    fruit punch soda chu

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    It weirds me out how everyone's talking about the Avengers cartoon when Brave and the Bold is still airing and remains the best kids'/manchildren's superhero show of the past several years.

If that ever shows up on Netflix Instant Watch I am going to gobble it up!

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2010
    Unlighted green table cloth works surprisingly well as a green screen.

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010

I've had a hard time getting into BatB just because of the art style.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    man i don't feel so good

sore throat

ffffuuu

I hope you called in sick for work.

i did, i hopped on my LoL client and was like 'guys i won't be able to make it in today but i got stevenson to cover my games for me'

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

If that ever shows up on Netflix Instant Watch I am going to gobble it up!

And then you ask for seconds.
    I've had a hard time getting into BatB just because of the art style.

I did at first too, but now I think it's endearing. Plus, it evokes Adam West and the Silver Age, which makes it easier to sell the show's comedic aspects.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I didn't say he was nice. He's always been very pragmatic. But he usually doesn't give off a villain vibe either.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    fruit punch soda chu

i am not sure that tahitian treat can solve this problem

wait

wait

what am i saying

of course it can

Organichu on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    just remember to use the white mans medicine chu

chicken noodle soup and sprite

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    when three students wore the T-shirts, which also quoted a Biblical passage advocating death as a punishment for homosexual activity.

That part isn't going to make the right wing blogs.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Psycho Internet HawkPsycho Internet Hawk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    WILL

gonna be in Boston this weekend

what are you up to

Wearing a bathrobe on the street corner drunkenly yelling at kids wearing Naruto t-shirts and cat ears.

SWEET so I guess I should pack my animu shirts then

we'll listen to j-pop and discuss the finer points of japanese children's shows

it will be wonderful

Psycho Internet Hawk on
    ezek1t.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    when three students wore the T-shirts, which also quoted a Biblical passage advocating death as a punishment for homosexual activity.

That part isn't going to make the right wing blogs.

Humorously enough, the average right-winger and/or fundie isn't keen on candid discussions of straight sexual practices either.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    dang

woke up at 3:30

crazt

You'll be up till 5 am. You are hitting the unemployed "Oh god, their goes my sleep cycle" thing about a week early.

this is terrible. i don't even remember frankie leaving for work.

i need to start setting my clock or something. i even forewent any caffeine or alcohol yesterday hoping that it would help get my system straight

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited November 2010
    WILL

what are you up to

i do not have plans

gonna make coq au vin on sunday i guess

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    WILL

what are you up to

i do not have plans

gonna make coq au vin on sunday i guess

*giggle*

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.