Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Jeep [Chat]okee

1424344454648»

• Silas BrownSilas Brown Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MrMister wrote: »
    I pledge allegiance to the Christian Flag and to the Savior for whose Kingdom it stands. One Savior, crucified, risen, and coming again with life and liberty to all who believe.

wtf

They most definitely cannot do that in public school. Your school sucked balls.

It wasn't a public school. I went to a Christian school from Kindergarten through fourth grade. After that I was homeschooled until 8th grade.

CmgpQ.jpg
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Pfft. Screw national allegiance.

We're fucking off to whatever country has a job for Cesca.

• SenjutsuSenjutsu fiddy too Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    The pledge isn't about taking pride in a country. It is about obedience.

Is the pledge actually about anything, really? I always thought it was just a silly custom you guys have, like British people and the Queen, or Australians and institutionalised racism.

It's some nonsense about obeying the flag that provides a convenient framework into which assholes can shove egregious bits about god

Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • MrMisterMrMister Valuing scholarship above all elseRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sheep wrote: »
    Children do not have full extension of their rights. This includes speech.

Most famous quote from Tinker:
    First Amendment rights, applied in light of the special characteristics of the school environment, are available to teachers and students. It can hardly be argued that either students or teachers shed their constitutional rights to freedom of speech or expression at the schoolhouse gate. This has been the unmistakable holding of this Court for almost 50 years.

Of course, to be fair, they have been continuous eroding that ruling in the decades since.

• JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
This discussion has been closed.