Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Minimalist [Chat]

1555657585961»

Posts

  • ArchArch HELLO YES THIS IS BUG Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    That's awesome.

    Someone can just post one of those in every thread and then there is no need for any white men to post.

    Because it's impossible for them to have insight, due to white privilege.

    But white dudes have to have somewhere to post.

    Maybe they can have the [chat] thread.


    This idea has potential.
    Spoiler:

    fix'd

  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    why is there an official meme font, anyway? and what is it?

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Family reunions are kind of dumb. I mean if you wanted to see these people normally you probably already would.

    My wifes family is doing one next year in north dakota and we are not going because honestly fuck going to north dakota for a god damn week.

  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    There's only one race, jeeps


    The Amazing Race

  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Family reunions are kind of dumb. I mean if you wanted to see these people normally you probably already would.

    My wifes family is doing one next year in north dakota and we are not going because honestly fuck going to north dakota for a god damn week.

    I guess it can be nice if you like these people but have moved too far away to conveniently hang out, so you've drifted apart.

    Like every summer is a reunion with my high school friends and it's fucking epic fun, then every autumn is a uni friend reunion and it's epic fun.

  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Family reunions are kind of dumb. I mean if you wanted to see these people normally you probably already would.

    My wifes family is doing one next year in north dakota and we are not going because honestly fuck going to north dakota for a god damn week.

    maybe it's some sort of tax writeoff scam

    "yeah, IRS! We invited all these people to a huge $150,000 party in North Dakota! No, I have no idea why no one showed up!"

  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I never said white guys can't have a say. God.


    I specifically said they are allowed to agree with other viewpoints. But they shouldn't express them.

    Because their perspective is too limited.

    This has been proven scientifically.

  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My perspective is unlimited because I can do anything as a white man.

  • DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I agree with the "the police are here to keep us safe" picture.

    Cause like, that's their entire purpose.

  • ArchArch HELLO YES THIS IS BUG Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I never said white guys can't have a say. God.


    I specifically said they are allowed to agree with other viewpoints. But they shouldn't express them.

    Because their perspective is too limited.

    This has been proven scientifically.

    your point was silly and was a horrible strawman so i responded with an internet meme

  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    My perspective is unlimited because I can do anything as a white man.

    Except understand 'cism.

  • EllieEllie Registered User
    edited November 2010
    I like family reunions. Then again, my family are spread out, and reunions are an excuse to get them to come somewhere reasonable enough for me to drive to, so I'm biased. I would probably like them less if I was the one that had to drive across several states just to see people for an afternoon.

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    why is there an official meme font, anyway? and what is it?

    Impact

    because it's a Microsoft core font and its ultra thick ascenders and claustrophobic spacing make it look like yelling

    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Galahad wrote: »
    *sigh*

    When I asked for a headcount six months ago it looked like there were going to be 30+ people at my family reunion. About half of which had given me solid confirmations.

    I think I'm going to be lucky if we have 15.

    I could have rented a house half the size. :(

    Eh, you'll get some last minute people showing up.

    I hope so. It would be nice. But we're a pretty far flung clan and my little branch here is the only one in Texas, so were a bit of a trip for most folks.

    I don't hold the cancellations against any of the people who have canceled either. Its been legitimate stuff in all cases. Unexpected moves. Pregnancy complications. Having your arm chopped off.

    Still. :(

    I am settling firmly in to panic mode now though. Right now I just want a solid number so I can figure out how much food I'm gonna need. We're three weeks out.

  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    It occurs to me that my Minecraft project might be a little bigger than I can handle, but that won't stop me from trying.

    SuperKawaiiWillSig.jpg
  • ArchArch HELLO YES THIS IS BUG Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    why is there an official meme font, anyway? and what is it?

    Impact

    because it's a Microsoft core font and its ultra thick ascenders and claustrophobic spacing make it look like yelling

    is that what it is?

    that is helpful

    i just use meme generator

  • DeebaserDeebaser i am back door player do not abuse pingRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    I never said white guys can't have a say. God.


    I specifically said they are allowed to agree with other viewpoints. But they shouldn't express them.

    Because their perspective is too limited.

    This has been proven scientifically.

    your point was silly and was a horrible strawman so i responded with an internet meme

    I can't tell if there is some sort of double inverse Poe's Law going on anymore.

    YOLO. Swag. Whatever. Fuck it. Lets do this.
  • ArchArch HELLO YES THIS IS BUG Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    I never said white guys can't have a say. God.


    I specifically said they are allowed to agree with other viewpoints. But they shouldn't express them.

    Because their perspective is too limited.

    This has been proven scientifically.

    your point was silly and was a horrible strawman so i responded with an internet meme

    I can't tell if there is some sort of double inverse Poe's Law going on anymore.

    yes

  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    My perspective is unlimited because I can do anything as a white man.

    Except understand 'cism.

    I am discriminated against every time slavery is brought up in a classroom. Just a big ol' white boy hate-on. I didn't own any slaves.

  • ThomamelasThomamelas "See you later, Comrade." "You're a communist?" "No. But I can still have comrades. "Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It occurs to me that my Minecraft project might be a little bigger than I can handle, but that won't stop me from trying.

    Pfft, nothing is too big in Minecraft. Except the statue I made to honor Chu's dong.

  • CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

    How did that show stay on the air? And you know we're in for a ton of why didn't she see it comming jokes.

    I honestly have no idea. Arquette can't act, the shows writers thought being an insufferable bitch who is ALWAYS FUCKING RIGHT! Was amazing. I think it stayed on the air because it was like White Women Mom Porn.

    Hey, it works for House.

    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I sort of want to create this in Minecraft.

    Bibliotheque_nationale_boul.jpg

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Family reunions are kind of dumb. I mean if you wanted to see these people normally you probably already would.

    My wifes family is doing one next year in north dakota and we are not going because honestly fuck going to north dakota for a god damn week.

    maybe it's some sort of tax writeoff scam

    "yeah, IRS! We invited all these people to a huge $150,000 party in North Dakota! No, I have no idea why no one showed up!"

    Nah its her aunts like 50th wedding anniversary. So they invited everyone out to their farm in North Dakota. So not only is it in North Dakota its in the middle of nowhere in north dakota. I bet I wouldn't even get a cell signal that far out there.

    Her mom tried to guilt us into it by saying "Well they came to your wedding." Yeah our wedding in Las Vegas where they went on to win 20 thousand dollars, so fuck that business.

  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    I never said white guys can't have a say. God.


    I specifically said they are allowed to agree with other viewpoints. But they shouldn't express them.

    Because their perspective is too limited.

    This has been proven scientifically.

    your point was silly and was a horrible strawman so i responded with an internet meme

    Excuse me I did not make a point. I only had an idea for threads and how to handle them. Trying to make a point would be impossible due to the constraints of white privilege.

  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    edited November 2010
    Randomly doing my JS project woo

    huntresssig.jpg
  • ArchArch HELLO YES THIS IS BUG Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    I never said white guys can't have a say. God.


    I specifically said they are allowed to agree with other viewpoints. But they shouldn't express them.

    Because their perspective is too limited.

    This has been proven scientifically.

    your point was silly and was a horrible strawman so i responded with an internet meme

    Excuse me I did not make a point. I only had an idea for threads and how to handle them. Trying to make a point would be impossible due to the constraints of white privilege.

    'cism

  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    what should i get to eat?

    steam_sig.png
  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Privilege is by its nature unseen. Nobody hands you a deck of "good for one free white privilege usage" cards.

    So while it's totally wrong that white dudes can't have any insight, it is worth considering that if you are a white dude you might have benefitted from that without even noticing, and when people who aren't white dudes start talking about problems you can't see, you might consider spending some extra effort figuring out if there really is a problem in your blind-spot before dismissing it as Works For Me.

    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • ArchArch HELLO YES THIS IS BUG Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Senjutsu wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    why is there an official meme font, anyway? and what is it?

    Impact

    because it's a Microsoft core font and its ultra thick ascenders and claustrophobic spacing make it look like yelling

    ahhhhh okay

  • GalahadGalahad Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ellie wrote: »
    I like family reunions. Then again, my family are spread out, and reunions are an excuse to get them to come somewhere reasonable enough for me to drive to, so I'm biased. I would probably like them less if I was the one that had to drive across several states just to see people for an afternoon.

    I like my extended family a lot.

    But I haven't been able to make it to a reunion in about ten years.

    So getting to host is nice in that respect. Its just. A. Lot. Of. RESPONSIBILITY. (Galahad's head explodes)

    Smaller group might be good for my health actually.

  • ArchArch HELLO YES THIS IS BUG Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    actually if you take DuE's post literally and don't infer he is describing choosing one of a multiple number of readily available foods, it doesn't deserve that hashtag anymore

  • SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Cleonicus wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Preacher wrote: »

    How did that show stay on the air? And you know we're in for a ton of why didn't she see it comming jokes.

    I honestly have no idea. Arquette can't act, the shows writers thought being an insufferable bitch who is ALWAYS FUCKING RIGHT! Was amazing. I think it stayed on the air because it was like White Women Mom Porn.

    Hey, it works for House.
    Yeah but Hugh Laurie can act

    Sarksus wrote: »
    I'm gonna get a PhD in incest.
  • SarksusSarksus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Arch wrote: »
    actually if you take DuE's post literally and don't infer he is describing choosing one of a multiple number of readily available foods, it doesn't deserve that hashtag anymore

    Wow he has food to eat.

  • Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    It occurs to me that my Minecraft project might be a little bigger than I can handle, but that won't stop me from trying.

    Pfft, nothing is too big in Minecraft. Except the statue I made to honor Chu's dong.

    I don't know. By my calculations, I need about 155000 sticks of TNT to clear out the area I want to clear out.

    SuperKawaiiWillSig.jpg
  • Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    Sarksus wrote: »
    My perspective is unlimited because I can do anything as a white man.

    Except understand 'cism.

    I am discriminated against every time slavery is brought up in a classroom. Just a big ol' white boy hate-on. I didn't own any slaves.

    You fantasize about beautiful robot geisha servants attending to your every whim and that's just as bad.

  • PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6SLtgoNY2Y

    I'll see this, despite it probably going to be bad, because I watch Jason Statham movies like some women go back to abusive boyfriends. I keep hoping that maybe this time, this time it won't be awful.

  • HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    Family reunions are kind of dumb. I mean if you wanted to see these people normally you probably already would.

    My wifes family is doing one next year in north dakota and we are not going because honestly fuck going to north dakota for a god damn week.

    Well if you all live in the same area sure. If the family is spread out all over the country then it kinda make sense.

    And screw you North Dakota is totally awes....

    I can't even finish typing that in good conscience :P

    sigtk.jpg
  • ThomamelasThomamelas "See you later, Comrade." "You're a communist?" "No. But I can still have comrades. "Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    It occurs to me that my Minecraft project might be a little bigger than I can handle, but that won't stop me from trying.

    Pfft, nothing is too big in Minecraft. Except the statue I made to honor Chu's dong.

    I don't know. By my calculations, I need about 155000 sticks of TNT to clear out the area I want to clear out.

    Just wait till Notch patches in Nukes. Just don't irradiate my underground forest. It's up to six trees.

  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    SENUTSOO

    give us a [chat]

This discussion has been closed.