As part of our ongoing efforts to improve forum performance, we will be migrating to new servers within the week (perhaps on the weekend). Once we finalize the actual date and time, a notice will be posted here at least 4 hours prior to "go time". We expect a fairly long maintenance period of approximately 1-2 hours during the move.
The move to new servers is happening tonight at somewhere around 1amMIDNIGHT EST. There will be a significant period of downtime (30 minutes to 2 hours). Wish us luck!
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
So, I put up a 10 inch sculpture in the Solid Saints auction, the subject of which would be chosen by the winning bidder.
Mr. Delish came through with an amazing $200 bid, and selected the Heavy from TF2. It was made clear that although it should be like the image below, the weapon should be Sasha, not Natascha.
I just finished up the first stage of the armature and wanted to have a thread to keep everyone up to date on the progress. This is being done in Super Sculpey Firm, and then will have a brush on mold applied and be cast in resin and painted.
I took a nice wood shelf and sawed it in half to make my base and dropped a 3/8th threaded bolt through it with nuts on either side to hold it steady. I have these little plastic drawers that I keep my sculpting supplies in, so I took two of them and put them under the board to prop it up, and attached vices on either side to hold it firmly in place.
Then I used 1/4 inch aluminum armature wire to form the basis of the skeleton, and 1/16th wire to bind up the joints.
Next I'm going to use an epoxy to solidify those areas to keep it from moving around, and then I'll use aluminum foil to bulk out the shape.