Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Social Entropy++: AWESOME POST in "It's my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed- not with

Erich ZahnErich Zahn Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in [2008-2012] Awesome Posts?
Erich Zahn has reported a post.

Reason:
Rank is awesome.
Post: It's my job to keep you alive. I will not succeed- not with all of you. [XCom LP III]
Forum: Social Entropy++
Assigned Moderators: WhipstitchZombie, Larlar, Bogey, Knob, potatoe, Orikaeshigitae

Posted by: Rankenphile
Original Content:
Look

if its wrong to peel the skin off of their eyeballs so I can fashion it into a condom and then rape a hole I cut in their lungs while they're still breathing, then why does it feel so right?

Erich Zahn on

• DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I.

What.

578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • Fred Savage Power GloveFred Savage Power Glove Registered User
    edited November 2010
    I hear Rankenphile is a swell fellow.

• the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Maybe you're cutting them extra thin so you get extra sensation, Rank

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm glad you got a chuckle out of it but I don't think this is really near creative or awesome enough to warrant throwing it in the Awesome Posts forum.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu ___________PIGEON _________San Diego, CA Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I can't even give it a few stars for a topic I like because the topic is rape, and at best rape only ever gets you one bonus star. This isn't the time for a bonus rape star.

• RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    It's also a post from April; if nobody thought it was Awesome back then, why is it Awesome now?

• SupraluminalSupraluminal Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    FWIW, this post is arguably better in the context of the thread it's posted in. If you aren't following the X-COM LP, it's mostly just kinda creepy.

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    FWIW, this post is arguably better in the context of the thread it's posted in. If you aren't following the X-COM LP, it's mostly just kinda creepy.

See this is exactly the problem though. And it's why I don't go reporting for awesome every hilarious thing I find in Critical Failures that requires a background in D&D to truly appreciate the joke. If it's going to make at least 60% of people frown and shake their head on account of the sheer amount of context required, it's probably not worth reporting for awesome.

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • bowenbowen Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What the dick? -18 stars.

I take visa.

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades His love is a prize Rantin' and RavenRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Some people need to be careful or they're going to get infracted.

That said, I still don't get this due to lack of context. I'm holding off on voting until said context appears.

ElJeffe wrote: »
    I get by on the knowledge that I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time mucking about inside of my asshole anyway
  • TofystedethTofystedeth veni, veneri, vamoosi Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The context is somehow in the LP Rank's character slowly became portrayed more and more as a sexually deviant super violent drugged up sociopath. Over the course of the threads posts by and about Rank compete to be more and more over the top.

That being said, still not awesome.

edit: wait, sociopath or psychopath? point is he's crazy.

steam_sig.png
  • Faren22Faren22 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Silly rank. Eyeballs don't have real skin.