As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Missing classes

AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So, today I'm missing class due to not being able to sleep for the last 3 or 4 days. I've gotten maybe 2 hours of sleep in the last 72 hours. I'm worried about my college attendance though, as I've missed quite a few days either due to missing the train because of car troubles, being really sick, and a number of other unfortunate shit.

My university has a policy where if a student has three or more absences in one class, they fail (unless they have a legit excuse, which I usually do). I'm just worried that those absences will be on a transcript, and a future employer will see that shit, and I'll be fucked due to a string of absences because of shit luck/timing/sickness. Do employers even LOOK at college transcripts, or is that just for grad school? I'm just really worried that it's going to screw me up in the future.

Thanks, guys.

AlyceInWonderland on

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Your absences will never be on a transcript, only your grades.

Most employers will never bother looking at a transcript except in very limited circumstances like it being your very first job ever. All they'll care about is the degree.

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yeah absences are not going to show up anywhere.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    AlyceInWonderlandAlyceInWonderland Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Uhg, thank God. I don't know if it's from not being able to sleep, but I got super paranoid about this. For some reason I got it in my head that the Chair of Illustration (woo art school) was going to also bitch me out for having a shitty attendance. I don't even think he knows WHO I am.

I guess this can be locked.

AlyceInWonderland on
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You may very well face consequences for poor attendance within the school, and that may affect your grades.

But as long as your teachers have excused you and your grades aren't going to be affected, there will be no record on your transcript.

Your transcript is basically:

STUDENT INFO

FALL 2009
    CLASS 1 - CREDIT HOURS - GRADE
    CLASS 2 - CREDIT HOURS - GRADE
    CLASS 3 - CREDIT HOURS - GRADE

SPRING 2010
    etc

CUMULATIVE GPA
    DEGREE CONFERRED
    ..etc

Six on
    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Baron DirigibleBaron Dirigible Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'd go with paranoia due to sleep deprivation.

Once I thought Sherlock Holmes was investigating me for plagiarism.

(He wasn't, by the way.)

Baron Dirigible on
  • Options
    WildEEPWildEEP Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Just FYI for once you get out of there . . . most places don't even ask for your GPA. They just wanna know you got the degree. If they can't be bothered to know if your grades were good, whats the odds they're gonna look at your attendence? =P

WildEEP on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    If your professors don't take attendance, they don't care. If they do, you might have a slight problem. This varies from professor to professor.

If you think they might, or feel your performance in the class might be suffering, you can always talk to them and tell them what's going on.

Either way, no, nobody is going to look at your attendance to some college class ever.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
This discussion has been closed.