As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The APRIL PICK-UP THREAD - because you don't have enough things.

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Waka Laka wrote: »
    Questionbox2.jpg

Azumanga Daioh, you sir are a good person.

That's what I was thinking.
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'll screencap it later, but Resonance of Fate(along with stuff for G&T's Santa) get!

I have high expectations.

It's very unlikely you'll be disappointed. Word to the wise: the first thing you need to do is head to the arena and go through all the combat tutorials - 'cause they don't exist anywhere else in the game.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Chance wrote: »
    It's very unlikely you'll be disappointed. Word to the wise: the first thing you need to do is head to the arena and go through all the combat tutorials - 'cause they don't exist anywhere else in the game.

Good advice. I can see where this battle system can be awesome, but at first I was like 'wait what'?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Beyond this... really crazy amount of depth - which is almost entirely wide-open to the player at the beginning of the game - one of the things that impressed me most about RoF's battle system was that after spending 90 hours with the title, I was still fighting dudes and thinking to myself "God, this looks so fucking cool." It just doesn't get old.

Chance on
  • Options
    AntihippyAntihippy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If I want to get a HD JRPG fix, which should I get, RoF, Atelier rorona or Nier?

Antihippy on
    10454_nujabes2.pngPSN: Antiwhippy
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Picked up a few goodies while in Japan.
    ouendan.jpg
    momohime.jpg
    iroha.jpg

RidleySaria on
    -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Waka LakaWaka Laka Riding the stuffed Unicorn If ya know what I mean.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Akihabara is a treasure trove for that kind of stuff. Not really into the Anime girl statue stuff though.

I ended up winning an evangelion statue in the Sega store near the Yamanote line but did not want it, a bunch of girls were there watching so I gave it to them. I would have preferred the Nintendo DS case though.

The Pachinko parlor smells of cigarettes, cheap perfume and lost dreams.

Waka Laka on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Antihippy wrote: »
    If I want to get a HD JRPG fix, which should I get, RoF, Atelier rorona or Nier?

So far, I'd say RoF, because Nier's not very JRPGy. Great game, but it's a different kind of beast.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    :^: on the Momohime figure, though.

Chance on
  • Options
    Cannon GooseCannon Goose I need some GAGS! If only I had my gag book!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Got a bigass TV and Undead Nightmare! (The TV is a 50 inch Samsung PS50C550 for those who like TV information)
    45107237.jpg

Also got a new (old) phone, which is why that photo looks a lot clearer than the ones I've taken previously.
    photoon20101122at1851.jpg

It's my sister's two year old Samsung Omnia i900. After a bit of customisation it has become a fairly cool phone!

Cannon Goose on
  • Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Chance wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'll screencap it later, but Resonance of Fate(along with stuff for G&T's Santa) get!

I have high expectations.

Just hope you don't get into a battle on the way.

The first time I stepped into a hostile hex while heading out to the arena I was destroyed while stabbing at buttons hoping things would happen.

But after that it became my favourite JRPG of this gen.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    photomrv.jpg

A day early! Still waiting on my Modnation Racers, though. Never did show up for some reason. Hopefully LBP2 will still get here safe next year.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I eat subway like once a week and didn't win a damn thing.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gah, getting my hopes up! A shame I only caught wind of the contest in the last week of it, so I figure I'm going to be waiting on my PSP from there for a bit longer than most.

SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • Options
    RakaiRakai Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Kaseius wrote: »
    photomrv.jpg

A day early! Still waiting on my Modnation Racers, though. Never did show up for some reason. Hopefully LBP2 will still get here safe next year.

I got my copy of GT5 a few minutes ago from this contest as well. I also have a spare Patapon 2 code lying around that I'm probably going to give away at some point.

Rakai on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]XBL: Rakayn | PS3: Rakayn | Steam ID
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh you guys got your GT5s today huh well, all I got was this.
    20101123162852858.jpg

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You're gonna make so much MSRP off of Ebay when you sell that as you still don't have a PS3.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Yeah I'm not a fan of racing sims like GT either.

Also the barcode wasn't cut on it, it is pristine:P

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Did subway just give everyone the game and I missed it or something?

initiatefailure on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »

I would totally bug you to give me that copy if I cared about racing sims. Luckily I'm just as uninterested in it as you! What you should do is sell it and somehow use that money to get your ethernet port on your 360 fixed.

Gilder on
  • Options
    KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Trade you a standard for your CE.. :wink:

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Gilder wrote: »

I would totally bug you to give me that copy if I cared about racing sims. Luckily I'm just as uninterested in it as you! What you should do is sell it and somehow use that money to get your ethernet port on your 360 fixed.

imma sell it and use those funds towards a 360 Slim most likely.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I still say that contest was rigged.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Ditto. On one of my days off I sat there and waited for the Subway Twitter to update.

When it did I pasted my email within seconds.

Then I got to see the "ALL THE PRIZES HAVE BEEN CLAIMED" screen.

Still pisses me off.

THEPAIN73 on
    Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I didn't bother with the twitter thing I just had like, fuckin, 18 accounts for that peppers thing.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Check out the sweet box for the Tron Legacy 360 controller and the not-so-sweet box for the Sly Cooper Collection!

IMG_0396.jpg

I've never played a Sly Cooper game before, so hopefully I'm in for a treat.

But back to that other box.

IMG_0398.jpg

Ooooohhhh

So how does it look when it's plugged in?

IMG_0399.jpg

*Choir of angels*

Fucking awesome, that's how!

As for the controller itself, the analog sticks are clickier than the standard 360 controller, and as a result feel a lot less "loose" and a hell of a lot better. The bumpers also seem to be less mushy, the face buttons seem to be a bit more flat instead of bulbous, and the D-pad doesn't feel like quite the unmitigated disaster of the standard controller, though I haven't actually tested that in a game yet. It conforms to the hand just like the standard controller except it has rubber grips on the back. Very impressed.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    acidlacedpenguinacidlacedpenguin Institutionalized Safe in jail.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    is there a new tron game out or did they just dump the controller out just for funzies?

acidlacedpenguin on
    GT: Acidboogie PSNid: AcidLacedPenguiN
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Tron Evolution, comes out a few days before the movie

Actually looks like it'll be really fun

There's a thread for it floating around here

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The only probalem with the tron controller is that the sticks aren't very precise. You have to move the stick all the way in whichever direction or nothing happens.

Skull2185 on
    Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    The only probalem with the tron controller is that the sticks aren't very precise. You have to move the stick all the way in whichever direction or nothing happens.

Phew, you had me scared for a minute there until I realized you were wrong.

I booted up AC Brotherhood just now and analog control works fine. Push it just a little bit and he moves slowly forward.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    Two Headed BoyTwo Headed Boy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    New record came in the mail! And it's on fancy clear vinyl.
    InceptionVinyl.jpg

Two Headed Boy on
    4hNKbHH.png
    Twitter 3DS: 0860 - 3257 - 2516
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Some recent stuff:
    Club Nintendo Pin:
    DSC02240.jpg

Books:
    DSC02256.jpg

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PSN):
    guardianoflight.jpg?t=1290644229

DeathSpank (PSN):
    deathspank.jpg

I also picked up some more Dresden Files books and a neat coffee table book with pictures of elaborate treehouses since my last loot post, but my camera is acting up at the moment.

Edit: There we go. Pictures added in.

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Do you plan on re-building these treehouses in Minecraft at some point?

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
  • Options
    AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Probably not.. most of them aren't very extravagant by minecraft standards, but it does have me in the mood to start adding on to my big one again.

Some crappy pictures of the book interior now that my camera is behaving:
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c45/AaronKI/DSC02257.jpg
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c45/AaronKI/DSC02258.jpg
    http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c45/AaronKI/DSC02260.jpg

Also, if my Secret Santa is glaring at me, please note that I got most of this stuff before names were handed out. :P

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg
  • Options
    BartholamueBartholamue Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just found Guilty Gear X2 (no just regular X2, no Accent Core or any other variation, PS2 version) for $3. Score!

Bartholamue on
    Steam- SteveBartz Xbox Live- SteveBartz PSN Name- SteveBartz
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    A few light pickups before I start going all spendcrazy on my family for Christmas:
    1-69.jpg

I probably should've let both of these slide - I'm leaning very heavily towards picking up Epic Mickey, but if push comes to shove I'll probably still be able to afford it.

Chance on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I hate that they divided the last season of VB into two sets. Part 1 and 2 my ass, it's 16 episodes. You don't need two sets for that. I hate it when companies do that. They're just going to charge double for the blu-ray release as well because it's both parts. I will still buy it of course because this last season was amazing.

Gilder on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Agreed.

Chance on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have no pics yet, and this is KIND of silly, but I need to brag about my recent pick ups.

See - I have this...problem. And it's a love of really "so bad its good", B-Horror games. Because I dont even view them as "so bad its good", I view them as "So good at being exactly what they're aiming for." Without a huge tangent, I feel like a lot of people are ASSUMING every game is setting out to be Resident Evil/Silent Hill, and I think the games that are setting out to be fun, action/adventure/cheap scare games get looked at in a light they were never intended to be looked at in.

With that said - I have an unhealthy obsession with Blue Stinger. I bought it for myself in Christmas of '99, because it looked ok. I mean, I knew nothing about it. This was before I scoured reviews, this was when I was young and money was just something I could blow on things because I had no bills. And the cover looked ok. So I bought it, and I fucking loved it.

It was no resident evil, but it wasn't trying to be. The graphics were good for the time, the animations were awful, and the plot was just insane. But it was fun. The enemies shot out coins when they died, which I thought was hilarious (and I still love it in No More Heroes). It was so over the top with it's excessive use of language, and its bad ass action mentality I just had a blast relaxing and playing it over and over. And I still play it like once a year or so.

So I try to collect Blue Stinger things, and there aren't many. A couple years ago I got my best score off EBay - a launch poster from Japan. Its just the Blue Stinger logo, some cool artwork and screenshots, and japaneese writing. It's framed in my bedroom, and is awesome. So yesterday, a new awesome haul shows up at my door, again from Japan.

I got a new copy of the stratagy guide (for $3 - the advantage to liking a shitty game!), and I love this thing. Blows the american strat guide away, even though I cant read a single word of it. An AWESOME, 3-D like cover (as in, there's textures and it has a gatefold over it that has a hole in it, revealing a textured image below), full color pictures of every single damn item in the entire game, super detailed maps and then a HUGE section on "Whats next!?" (which it says in english, weird.) and what I can only assume is an interview with the creator (who has now passed away).

With a game like this, where there really was no promo material ever made for it, and it's now 11 years old, finding something NEW and scoring it is just awesome.

And best of all it has a really awesome concept art shot of Dogs Bower in his Santa Costume with a CROSSBOW. It will replace my avatar once I scan it in.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    27 years, 4 months, and 10 days after the original console was released, I now own a working (and cheaply obtained!) Family Computer. I began my search in the abstract around this time last year. 3 or 4 months ago, I narrowed my search - famicomworld.com, nintendoage.com and other places that, in general, give the impression of small towns, removed from the passage of time. Combining these with the more usual searches on ebay and craigslist, my quest came to a head earlier this month.

Opening my 'Family Computer' session, I depressingly scanned the listings, expecting nothing. I was about to close the window when I saw a post on famicomworld; someone claiming 'low prices'. My expectations at this point very nearly nonexistent - I had learned that 'low prices' is terribly relative - I opened the thread, and saw that the OP hadn't been abusing the term - the one in good, working condition was a mere $35.

I quickly registered and sent him a message asking for clarification on shipping costs, my hopes rising; when he responded with '$40', I returned to my despair. Asking again, that I just wanted to be clear, did he mean $40 for shipping, and $35 for the console? No, he responded; $40 is after shipping.
    2511100743.jpg

2511100744.jpg

2511100745.jpg

These pictures appear surprisingly good, considering they're from a cheap cellphone camera.

edit: This doesn't really belong in this thread, as I picked it up in August 2009, but for the curious: The reason why (beyond the NES hardware failure inevitability) I began my search for a Famicom:
    2511100816.jpg

2511100817.jpg

Tamin on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Dayummm. Shit be archaeological.

Chance on
This discussion has been closed.