As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Seven Year Old Vinegar

1235»

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mullah Nasruddin was dreaming that someone had counted nine gold pieces into his hand, but Mullah Nasruddin insisted that he would not accept less than ten pieces. While he was arguing with the man over one gold piece, he was awakened by a sudden noise in the street. Seeing that his hand was empty, Mullah Nasruddin quickly closed his eyes, extended his hand as if he was ready to receive, and said, "Very well, my friend, have it your way. Give me nine."

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i really like that one

Swill on
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Swill wrote: »
    bsjezz wrote: »
    this thread reminds me how damned good the opening to a serious man was

such a good movie in general

yeah i got a lot out of it. but that opening is probably my most memorable in years

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I really love the story about the goy's teeth

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    also, holy shit why didn't anyone tell me how good bad lieutenant: port of call new orleans is

i mean i liked bad lieutenant but...

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    A Wikibooks entry for this

"Thief, thief! Someone has stolen my camel!" cried Nasrudin.

Finally after the commotion was quietened someone observed, "But Nasrudin, you have no camel."
    "Shhh..." said Nasrudin, "I am hoping the thief is unaware of this and the camel will be returned."

JoeUser on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    t seems that the Master of Mirth and Chief of the Dervishes, Nasrudin, was once called to pontificate on the 'Nature of Allah' in the local mosque. Present were the many Imams and Doctors of the Islamic Law. Out of courtesy and because Nasrudin could not be counted on saying anything worthwhile, these illustrious guests explained and inspired the audience with their eloquence and wisdom.
    Finally it was Nasrudin's turn to explain 'the Nature of Allah'.
    "Allah ...", started Nasrudin impressively "is ..."
    Nasrudin removed and held up an ovoid mauve vegetable from the folds of his turban, " ... an aubergine."
    There was uproar at this blasphemy. When order was finally established, Nasrudin was reluctantly asked to explain his words.
    "I conclude that everyone has spoken of what they do not know or have not seen. We can all see this aubergine. Is there anyone who can deny that Allah is manifest in all things?"
    Nobody could.
    "Very well," said Nasrudin, "Allah is an aubergine."

redfenix on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nasrudin sat on a river bank when someone shouted to him from the opposite side:
    "Hey! how do I get to the other side?"
    "You are on the other side!" Nasreddin shouted back.

redfenix on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    That page alternates between Nasrudin and Nasreddin, it confuses me

Also this is an awesome thread. And Nasrudin is often a dick

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »
    That page alternates between Nasrudin and Nasreddin, it confuses me

Also this is an awesome thread. And Nasrudin is often a dick
    Wikipedia wrote:
    Nasreddin's name is also commonly spelled Nasrudeen, Nasruddin, Nasr ud-Din, Nasredin, Naseeruddin, Nasr Eddin, Nastradhin, Nasreddine, Nastratin, Nusrettin, Nasrettin, Nostradin and Nastradin (lit.: Victory of the Deen).

His name is sometime preceded or followed by a title of wisdom used in the corresponding cultures: "Hoxha", "Khwaje", "Hodja", "Hojja","Hodscha", "Hodža", "Hoca", "Hogea".

In Arabic-speaking countries this character is known as "Juha", "Djoha", "Djuha", "Dschuha", "Giufà", "Chotzas", "Goha" (جحا juḥā), "Mullah", "Mulla", "Mula", "Molla", "Maulana", "Efendi", "Afandi", "Ependi" (أفندي ’afandī), "Hajji". In several cultures his name is just the title.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'm fully aware of that Joe but switching between one and the other in the same parable seems a bit much

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Edcrab wrote: »
    I'm fully aware of that Joe but switching between one and the other in the same parable seems a bit much

Oh, I misread that as "this page". Yeah, in a single entry it should be consistent.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    A man was blowing on his reed pipe, playing a tune, when he accidentally passed wind. Holding the reed pipe behind him, he said:
    "If you think you can play better, be my guest."

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Oh god that one is great.

Theres a senior quote for me.

Oghulk on