As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yo! MTV [chat]s!

• Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Couscous wrote: »
    Palin wrote:
    "In fact, we may be creating a generation of entitled little whiners. I came across an article recently that reported how growing numbers of employers today complain that many young job applicants exhibit all the signs of having been - there's no other word for it - spoiled. These young people feel entitled to jobs and salaries they haven't earned. They have unrealistic views of their own capabilities. They don't take criticism well, and they demand lots of attention and guidance from their employers."
    The irony is delicious.

it's like black people

???

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Palin wrote:
    "In fact, we may be creating a generation of entitled little whiners. I came across an article recently that reported how growing numbers of employers today complain that many young job applicants exhibit all the signs of having been - there's no other word for it - spoiled. These young people feel entitled to jobs and salaries they haven't earned. They have unrealistic views of their own capabilities. They don't take criticism well, and they demand lots of attention and guidance from their employers."
    The irony is delicious.

it's like black people

???

racism etc.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Racism is delicious?

Gim on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    black people feeling entitled for jobs they don't deserve

come on guys try a little harder

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    no, black people are delicious

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Gim wrote: »
    Racism is delicious?
    tumblr_kv1rd6TmFd1qaao3ho1_500.jpg

Nocturne on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Racism is delicious?

Question marks are delicious.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    stevemarks44stevemarks44 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    When Palin enjoys bringing them up as political props and talking about how great they are, I don't see why they aren't fair game for criticism.

She should be criticized for bringing them up as political props but their actions shouldn't really dictate anything beyond are they normal kids or are they not. And they seem to be ignorant but normal.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2010/11/ex-president_bush_maya_angelou_awarded_top_honor.php?ref=fpa
    President George H.W. Bush, poet Maya Angelou and investor Warren Buffett are among the 2010 winners of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor.

President Barack Obama will present the awards to the 15 honorees early next year, the White House announced Wednesday.

Other winners include a civil rights hero, Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., plus St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Famer Stan "The Man" Musial, Boston Celtics legend Bill Russell, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and renowned cellist Yo-Yo Ma.
    How are Republicans going to bitch about this?

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Finally, we are having an open, frank conversation about race relations.

Gypsies are not delicious.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bush will get the Medal of Freedom

for his freedom to choose to bomb the shit out of Iraq

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That's how fucked up things are

I was all like "No zombie the other George Bush"

Then I was like wait no you're still right

Nocturne on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    Bush will get the Medal of Freedom

for his freedom to choose to bomb the shit out of Iraq

H.W. is the one winning the award. His choice wasn't quite as o_O inducing.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Bill Russel will dunk over everyone and everyone will cheer.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/news/2010/11/ex-president_bush_maya_angelou_awarded_top_honor.php?ref=fpa
    President George H.W. Bush, poet Maya Angelou and investor Warren Buffett are among the 2010 winners of the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor.

President Barack Obama will present the awards to the 15 honorees early next year, the White House announced Wednesday.

Other winners include a civil rights hero, Rep. John Lewis, D-Ga., plus St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Famer Stan "The Man" Musial, Boston Celtics legend Bill Russell, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and renowned cellist Yo-Yo Ma.

Republicans hate Yo-Yo ma.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Republicans also hate Yo Ma-Ma

Nocturne on
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Why am I more likely to give money to a person out of gas at a gas station than a homeless dude with a sign. Guh, I suck.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

We're giving it to fucking basketball players?

What a worthless... I don't know whether to finish this sentence with "medal" or "society."

MrMister on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man, it's weird being all emotionally mixed up and aware of it. Like, I usually harbor illusions of objectivity, but right now I'm so very aware that I feel really out of control and I'm scared.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    wazilla wrote: »
    Why am I more likely to give money to a person out of gas at a gas station than a homeless dude with a sign. Guh, I suck.

Go back to the gas station and rob that person. For the good of helping those in need, comrade.

Shivahn on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

Don't do either--give to charities that you select beforehand, like Oxfam.

MrMister on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

One time I was in a shady part of LA at night with a friend and this dude ran at our car with a gas can. We were terrified and rolled up our windows and locked our doors.

Dude was just out of gas.

I felt bad.

Needless to say we drove off.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Nocturne wrote: »

I see what you did there

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man, I'm attracted to this girl in my Spanish class and she seems to like me too, but we just don't have a strong rapport.

what do you mean?

build a rapport

We've been seeing each other twice a week since the semester started, and we walk to the bus together. Plus, it's Spanish, so we have plenty of chances to talk to each other during class.

Is it unreasonable to think that, if we were especially compatible, that wold be apparent by now?

Maybe you should work on your Spanish : (

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Nocturne wrote: »

I see what you did there

I have studied the art of comedy at the finest elementary schools in the country

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

One time I was in a shady part of LA at night with a friend and this dude ran at our car with a gas can. We were terrified and rolled up our windows and locked our doors.

I felt bad.

Needless to say we dumped the body in a swamp.

Gim on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Frosteey wrote: »
    Man, I'm attracted to this girl in my Spanish class and she seems to like me too, but we just don't have a strong rapport.

what do you mean?

build a rapport

We've been seeing each other twice a week since the semester started, and we walk to the bus together. Plus, it's Spanish, so we have plenty of chances to talk to each other during class.

Is it unreasonable to think that, if we were especially compatible, that wold be apparent by now?

But my ability to speak to ladies requires more work!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MrMister wrote: »

We're giving it to fucking basketball players?

What a worthless... I don't know whether to finish this sentence with "medal" or "society."

Oh don't worry, that's the least of it. We've given it to borderline war criminals like Rumsfeld, as well as all manner of religious psychos like the mormon prophet.

Basketball players are amongst the least awful recipients.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

what do you mean?

build a rapport

Most people are not even charming in their native language you are going to have to work hard at a second one : (

Frosteey on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

I felt bad.

Needless to say we dumped the body in a swamp.

WHAT ELSE WOULD YOU HAVE ME DO?!

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    fools! the cops always find bodies in the swamp

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    MrMister wrote: »

Don't do either--give to charities that you select beforehand, like Oxfam.

I must be the easiest person to guilt in the world. Also, what is it with philosophy grad students and oxfam? They are the only people I ever hear talk about it.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    edited November 2010

what do you mean?

build a rapport

Estas muy caliente. Quieres ir a un restaurante conmigo?

Hakkekage on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Not in the swamps with gators.

stevemarks44 on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited November 2010
    It's movie time.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I think the last charity I gave to was Unicef

Nocturne on
  • Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Man, it's weird being all emotionally mixed up and aware of it. Like, I usually harbor illusions of objectivity, but right now I'm so very aware that I feel really out of control and I'm scared.

Hey! Birthday buddy pride! :P

Captain Carrot on
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Not in the swamps with gators.

well if you didn't want the body why would the alligator? it's obviously not a very good one

I mean bodies don't grow on trees

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I usually donate to Santa Claus at Christmas but otherwise I am a freeloader : (

Frosteey on
This discussion has been closed.