Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Acheron- The Fall

2

Posts

  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    West

    He puts the phone back down, slightly confused and proceeds to sort some paperwork as he waits for Dr Farheim.

  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    arkanianh.png

    Ripcord bets two cubits. His expression remains blank.
    Whiplash folds.
    You raise by three
    "Haha, now it gets fun" you manage to break Makar's icy expression momentairily. He meets your raise. Throwing in 5 cubits.
    Grin throws his cards in the center of the table in frustration.
    Ripcoard eyes you for a moment, his brow raised, and then meets your raise.
    Scrapper folds

    Whiplash asks "How many cards?"


    timmsh.png

    The President moves his torso forward onto his desk, his head now face to face with you. His expression no longer blank but instead concerned. Almost gripped with fear. Not panic, but something darker. He places his hand on the desk

    "I....." his eyes seem to water "Whatever you see doesn't have to be. You don't have to listen.." He smiles as if trying to reassure you but he knows without context it likely makes little sense. It quickly dissipates and he starts to shake as sadness overcomes him and he raises his head back and turns his gaze away from you as if ashamed "I did.."

    Without notice your conversation is interrupted as a beam of light suddenly bursts from behind the Presidential Seal

    "TIMMS"

    The light grows brighter

    "DONALD! Can you hear me?"

    and brighter and the room along with the President are almost completely engulfed by it

    You can hear Adar say one last thing "You aren't a slave.."

    and then it all turns WHITE


    You awaken to three men standing near you, your head tilted back. Haven has your head held back and is holding your eyes open attempting to wake you up with a small flashlight. Drennan is still in the seat next to you, you notice with a few towels covered in blood.

    Faulkner is waiting in the aisle behind Haven. On the opposite side is Amorak .

    Faulkner quickly remarks "You haven't lost too much blood.."

    You quickly realize a stream of blood drizzling down your nose

    Haven chimes in "Problem was we couldn't wake you up. Chance of you choking. Drennan over there was trying his damnedest. "

    Drennan looks over , seemingly relieved, "Looks like it stopped.."

    Haven continues "Any history of health problems? Narcolepsy or anything of that sort?"

    Amorak remarks "I'll go find something to help clean up.."


    whiteh.png

    Amanda , suddenly pulls out another sheet "You'll also need to fill out a Visitation Form. Just put your name down at the bottom." She looks down at the bottom of the page "And you'll also need to put down the I.D. number of the prisoner you are visiting... which in this case is.." she turns back to behind her desk and flips quickly through a small leather bound book " #741"

    The sign-in sheet merely asks for inmate's name, I.D., visitation form number, and your time-in. There is a clock hanging on the wall nearby. It is currently about 4:15 P.M. .

    In the top right hand corner of your visitation sheet is the form number #3458

    Egos on
  • HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    White

    Pausing at the request, Nathans eyes locked with those of the officer. He let the tension rise for a few heartbeats before flashing a disarming smile, "Of course" he said removing the holster and handing it over.

    Casually picking up the pen, the Colonel looked over the sheets. Quickly filling them in before sliding them back to Amanda.

    "Lead the way"

  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    whiteh.png

    Amanda cheerfully waves bye to you as to make your way over to Wales

    Wales smiles and shrugs once you are past the metal detector "She is an odd one....certainly helps morale around here, though. Brings in donuts for all the officers every Monday. Not sure how she does it." He raises his brows as if a signal he was gonna change topics.

    "Anyway" he starts to lead you downstairs "Do you mind if I ask if you are here in a personal or professional capacity, Colonel?"

    Upon reaching the bottom of the stairwell you notice a large gate, behind it are several holding cells each with a form of glass in-place of bars preventing escape.

  • HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    White

    "Both." Nathan paused, "Why do you ask?"

  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    whiteh.png

    Wales looks at you for a moment a bit unsure how to gauge your response and then walks over to the gate. He places his hand on a scanner and then looks up at a camera. Soon you hear the clicking as the gate unlocks. Wales opens it and gestures for you to follow him in; holding it open as you do.

    "The funny thing about "personal" is that it can go both ways. I should have been more specific with my question" He seems a bit angry with himself.

    Continuing down the hall you pass by various degenerates, but none of them seem like much of a threat. More like vandals or drunks. Moving forward you spot a door at the end of the holding area, when, Wales starts to speak again

    "Blake doesn't seem the bad sort. When I was with the Virgon PD, my experience with crimes like these were usually that the perps were just pawns in something larger." You notice Wales checking his earpiece, which seems to be blinking red and green

    He stops at the door, he holds his hand up to you as to wait

    "You could usually find some trace evidence leading to a Syndicate or something of that sort but nothing that would hold up. It's unfortunate but how the Government works."

    Wales puts his hand over his ear "And usually whoever was pulling the strings had their teeth sunk in so deep that person was willing to take the fall. We had five people in there trying to get Blake to talk. We got nothing."

    "I guess what I'm saying in a time like this a man in said situation could use a friend."

    "That's why I asked.."

    He smirks "I probably could've answered that much more simply, but they needed to get things set up." He removes his hand from his ear and points to his ear communicator. "Says we're ready to go." He opens the door.

    What awaits you is a sterile room. A long rectangular table in the center. A broken man on one end . An empty chair on the other. An armed guard waiting in the corner opposite you. The door shuts behind you.

    Wales whispers to you "You have 30 minutes..." and moves to the other corner.

    Egos on
  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arkanian

    "Four, please." Achilles tosses four cards back at Whiplash. He looks back at Ripcord, and meets his gaze, not looking away until he does. A very small smile creeps across Achilles' mouth.

    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    arkanianh.png
    Whiplash watches as the cards fly by and Scrapper quickly tosses you four new cards

    They are a Capstone,7,Capstone and a Princess

    Ripcord asks for 3 cards and puts in a bet for 1 cubit

    It's your bet.

  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arkanian

    "Raise two." Achilles throws in three cubits.

    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    White

    Nathan gingerly takes his place in the seat left for him. Pausing a moment to look over the man in front if him, his concern grew, "Roland... are you ok? How are they treating you?"

  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    arkanianh.png
    Darkhorse glances at you and then over at Ripcord and then folds. He sits back , his arms crossed seemingly eager to see how things play out.
    Ripcord avoids eye contact with you but meets your bet.

    He reveals his cards
    Prince,Princess,11,10,9 Prince

    Once you reveal your cards, Ripcord looks down. It seems like he is about to get angry when a slight smile creeps across his face

    "All this has happened before.."

    Grin finishes the thought "..and all of it shall happen again" he starts to laugh ....obviously a bit plastered.

    Ripcord has a slight smile on his face as he starts to shuffle the deck. Darkhorse is looking over at you impressed as the winnings are slid over to you. Everyone places in their ante. Soon you are dealt a new hand of cards

    Prince,Prince,6,5,4,3

    Whiplash puts in bet of 2. It is your turn.
    whiteh.png

    Blake remains silent for a moment , as if confused, he then answers

    "It could be worse." his Aerilon accent is as thick as you remember.

    "Not like they are chaining me to a wall and whipping me or anything barbaric."

    He pauses and raises his brow

    "So why are you here , Colonel?" he smiles for a moment

    Egos on
  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arkanian

    "Call." Achilles throws in 2 cubits, and looks at Ripcord and Grin. "Inside joke?"

    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    White

    "I'm here because I'm worried about you." The Colonel still wore his concerned face, "You know I'll do everything I can for you. But I need to know why you were there that morning."

  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    arkanianh.png
    Ripcord smiles over at you "Reformed Sagittarons"
    Grin quickly chimes "Eat, read and pray." he looks at you sadly
    Whiplash smirks and then looks at his cards

    After you call Ripcord's bet
    Darkhorse quickly follows
    Grin raises by gently drops a raise of one into the center
    Scrapper folds
    Whiplash's expression remains blank as he meets the raise
    Ripcord looks over at Grin and smiles, he also meets the raise
    You follow suit
    Darkhorse looks down at his cards one last time and then meets the raise


    Ripcord asks you how many cards you want and gives you the 3 you ask for
    7, Capstone, 4

    Darkhorse also asks for 3
    Grin asks for 2
    Whiplash asks for 4
    Ripcord takes 2.

    Whiplash bets 2
    Ripcord Raises one
    You meet his bet
    Darkhorse rubs his chin meets the bet
    Grin decides to go all in with his remaining 3 cubits, which is met with some surprise
    Whiplash smiles and says "What the frak?"
    Ripcord seems to see past him and meets his bet
    As do you.
    Darkhorse rubs his chin, he seems more worried about the two of you than Grin , but decides to meet the bet.

    Final Cards are revealed:

    Ripcord: Prince, Princess,2,2,Capstone, 10


    Whiplash: Pyramid, Pyramid, Pyramid, Pyramid,,3,2

    Grin: 7,10,Princess, 6, 2, 9,Capstone

    Darkhorse: Prince,Princess,11,10,9,8

    Darkhorse ends up winning the pot with a Colony to the surprise of many. Scrapper is especially glad he dropped out at the sight so many good hands. Grin is now officially out of the game.
    Spoiler:

    You are now dealing.

    Your current hand
    Pyramid, Capstone, 3, Pyramid , 3, 7

    Darkhorse places a bet of 2
    whiteh.png

    Roland looks at you "If I were there , the reasons would seem pretty obvious." He looks to the side "If you mean well, Nathan. You should know I wouldn't do something unless there was a damn bloody pressing reason to. "

    He grins "Without a lawyer , however, I have little to no rights. In addition , anything I say can be used against me. As friendly Officer Wales over there was kind enough to inform me of. And that is any frakkin thing."

    Egos on
  • HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    White

    Nathan grinned at the Majors reply, visibly relieved. "Good. So you haven't said anything."

    He shot a glare at Officer Wales, "Why has this man not been given representation? He's been here for nearly a month!"

  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    whiteh.png

    Wales seems a bit surprised at your outburst but responds rather politely

    "The Military presence here has been pushing for Roland to be tried off-colony for impartiality's sake. Most local lawyers work directly for Janus in some form or another or have in the past. And as we told Mr. Blake, his normal representative Fred Myron is unwilling to travel to Acheron. So quite a few complications...."

  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Timms

    Timms, being too dazed to answer Haven, continues to stare up at the ceiling. After Haven repeats the question, Timms jerks and looks at him.

    "Health problems? Well, no. Can't say that I do."

    After Amorak returns and Timms gets cleaned up, Timms gets to his feet, with only a only slight shake in his voice.

    "Sorry to have worried you all, but I think I'm just fine now."

  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arkanian

    "What are the odds?" Achilles checks the clock to ensure he has enough time before pre-flight and calls the bet.

    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    arkanianh.png
    "Not very high" Ripcord says quickly in response.

    As you look up to the clock you quickly hear Grin comments
    "We should likely head down soon.." he is obviously observing you all in his boredom, having run out of cubits.

    "One more hand won't hurt." Whiplash chimes in

    Darkhorse bets one
    Scrapper meets his bet
    Ripcords raises to two
    Whiplash meets his bet
    You meet his bet
    Darkhorse folds
    Scrapper meets his bet

    Scrapper asks for 3 cards
    Ripcord asks for 2 cards
    Whiplash asks for 3 cards
    You ask for 4 cards

    Your New hand Capstone, Pyramid,CapstonePrince, 2, Prince,10

    Whiplash looks rather displeased with his new cards.

    Scrapper puts in a bet of 1
    Ripcord raises by 1
    Whiplash folds
    You meet their bet
    Scrapper raises by 3
    Ripcord says "I'm out.." and folds
    You meet his bet

    Your Four Up vs Scrapper's Triple Duo (Capstone, 3, Princess,Princess, 7, 7)

    "You're kidding me.." Scrapper laments
    _______________________________________________________
    After watching you guys finish up your hand. Grin stands up and zips up his flight suit. "I'm gonna go head down to the hangar deck before those speakers start blaring"

    "Have fun while we're gone, lash-man"

    Whiplash raises a bottle "Will do"
    timmsh.png

    Amorak rises with you after removing the damp towel from under your nose.

    "Thankfully we should be arriving on the Triton within the next.." he double checks his watch "35 minutes..."
    "They should have a place to cool off...at least temporarily..."
    He looks off a bit concerned before heading off to the forward compartment restroom to clean off the towel.

    "If you happen to need an extra shirt, I can lend you one." Faulkner motions to your shirt. "All dry-cleaned. Though you may want to check if any damage was done."

  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    "You guys know how much I hate to win and run, but it wouldn't look good if I was late either." Achilles stands and collects his winnings. "So say we all." With a smile, he goes to catch up with Grin.

    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Timms

    "That would be great, Faulkner. Appreciate it. Should probably make a good first impression with the Military brass." Pausing for a moment, Timms grins and continues "Although, walking in with a bloody shirt might make a better impression with the lower ranks, huh?"

    While changing in the restroom, Timms takes a moment to collect himself.

    Get a hold of yourself. You had a bad dream. Grow up. You have everyone here worrying about you competence and medical health. You're here to conduct the investigation, and you're going to do you job, damn it. Never mind what some mental specter warns you about.

  • HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    White

    Nathan paused, nodding slowly. "Sounds like all that can be done, is being done." He looked back to Blake, his concern showing, "Roland, is there anything I can do for you?"

  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    arkanianh.png

    You quickly catch up with Grin as he is quickly making his way down the hall . He seems glad to see you. "You showed some skills back there." He smirks.
    "About time someone shook things up in there..." he laughs quietly to himself

    A voice is suddenly heard on the Intercom : All Pilots Report to the Hangar Decks. Repeat, All Pilots to the Hangar Decks.

    He flashes you a quick look before quickening his speed.
    timmsh.png

    "Jon is fine." he smiles warmly as you pass him to go to the washroom.

    You hear an unzipping sound from outside the door as luggage is shuffled. And you also hear two new voices

    "Is Timms still..?"

    "He's fine. Just cleaning up" The voice is obviously Jonathan's

    You hear a clunking sound nearby and then a female voice enters "Anything I can do to help?"

    "If you can get some water , he may be feeling a bit dizzy.."

    You soon hear knocking on the bathroom door "Donald, it's Jon. I have the shirt . I can slip it through or leave it by the door."

    whiteh.png

    Blake purses his lips for a moment , remaining silent as if debating whether to ask you or not when he finally does
    "There is one thing, Colonel. Marie...has been unwilling to see me. " He looks down embarrassed "If you could talk to her and tell her I promise that isn't what it seems and that I just want to talk to her....see her one more at least one more time.."

    He looks off a bit emotionally distraught "I would be ... very grateful."

  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arkanian

    Achilles smiles back to Grin. "Well... as long as I don't make a habit out of it, right?" He picks up his pace a bit towards the Hangar Deck.

    "Good flying, Grin."

    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    arkanianh.png
    Grin smirks "See ya out there, Ace".. You can hear him steadily following behind you. After you reach the Hangar Deck. You are met by several crew members who are already prepping several pilots to get ready for to launch in the launch tubes.

    Chief Engineer Deron soon approaches you "Sir, whenever you are ready give us the word and we'll get your bird out there."

    As Deron is talking to you, Grin pats you on the shoulder and salutes to you as he heads off to his viper. Soon thereafter a few other pilots , some of who you were just playing Triad with, enter the Hanger Deck and follow suit.

    You notice your Viper about 15 feet away.

    enternev.png
    Executive’s Lounge, Selenco Casino -
    There is a fat man in front of you, you recognize him. It’s Alonso Selenco, it’s hard to tell if he is angry or happy right now. He is always so doped up on gods knows what or else he is very good at hiding his emotions. Does he want to kill you or give you a promotion?

    He is sitting at his desk, twiddling his fingers against tabletop that causes a very annoying sound every three seconds as the gold ring on his second to last finger keeps dinging the table. He keeps staring at you for moments and then exchanges glances with the others in the room. It’s rather disconcerting you don’t recognize any of the others and the fact that they are all wearing sunglasses in doors. All except one, the man in the white suit.

    He has jet-black hair and a dour expression on his face, like he doesn’t want to be there as if he is ashamed. The rest look like cold unfeeling automatons, but I guess that is the best money can buy.

    Alonso finally speaks up “You’re probably wondering why I called you in here.” a smile crosses his face. He is trying to be friendly, but it only seems sinister.

    He suddenly raises his hands. At least the frakkin ring noise would stop. But now he is over emoting with his hands

    “The boys tell me you’ve done us a great service in a past and can be relied upon, I wanted to see it for my self”

    He picks up a metal briefcase from behind the desk and promptly opens it. You aren’t surprised to see it full with several bags of “dust”…. He then closes it.

    “We have a buyer by the name. A one “Victor Spiros” . You are to meet him at the back of the Fortuna at 3 A.M. You are to make sure he pays you 250,000 Cubits. You are to take Mr. Sek with you to ensure that everything goes according to plan.”

    The man in the white suit has his head hanging down, but his eyes are looking up at you.

    “Do we have an understanding?”


    pallash.png

    "Nice to hear your voice kid, it's been awhile" a gruff voice reeking of tobacco and something much darker answers on the other line " *coughs* I have a job for you, if you are interested. If you happen to be, look for a man in his mid forties , blond hair, around 6'2. He'll be in the usual spot."
    He abruptly hangs up before you can get a word in.

  • HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    White

    "Absolutely. I'll talk to her."

    Realizing he wouldn't get anything more from him, Nathan slowly got to his feet, "Well Major, I really wish there was more I could do."

    Moving towards the cell door he looked back, "Good luck Roland. Oh, and the General send his regards."

  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Arkanian

    He looks around the hangar deck, as he always does. No matter how routine the mission, no matter how simple the objective, there was always a chance someone wasn't coming back. "Let's get her fired up, Chief." Achilles grabs his helmet and heads towards his Viper to begin preflight.

    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • simonwolfsimonwolf i don't care i'd rather sink -- than swipe right for bradRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ambrose

    There was something peculiar about a man as powerful and large as Alonso Selenco - in presence, if not in body - needing to surround himself with so many, as he often did. Nobody would dare touch him, to Ambrose's understanding, even if he walked around his property without a guard in sight, naked as a naiad in summer. But there was insecurity in power, especially in a place like Acheron.

    Smiles.

    "Of course," he replies to the man, nodding his head politely, a miniature bow, a show of deference to his boss of bosses, "Twenty-five hundred thousand, on the dot. I'm sure that I, with Mister Sek of course, will be quite capable of dealing with this Victor Spiros."

    He doesn't approach the desk - you do not approach a boss of bosses unless he tells you to, and even then you should make sure you have his security's clearance first - but instead he makes a note of the current time, considers how long it will take him to travel wherever he needs to go. Glances around the room itself, taking in all he can, for future reference.

    "Shall Mister Sek and I be off, then?"

  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Timms

    Reaching out the door to accept the proffered shirt, Timms offers Jon some quick thanks and finishes cleaning himself up. After taking a final look in the mirror to make sure that he is presentable, Timms steps out of the bathroom.

  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    arkanianh.png
    Once you and your Viper are inside the launch tube, large metal airtight doors begin to shut and your launch sequence begins. You start to hear the voices of the LSA and the launch supervisor.

    After you confirm that the ship is functional and the fuel pressure is normal. The sequence begins.
    Diones: Viper is cleared for launch.
    …..
    Connel: Maglock is secured. Initiating launch sequence…
    Connel: Achilles, you are clear for launch.

    With that the magnetic catapult jettisons you into deep space where you would soon meet up with the rest of the squadron who had made it out there.

    You suddenly hear Max’s voice over comm.
    “Beta Leader to Alpha Leader, are you with us? “

    Looking at your navigation screen, you note that it’s like the Aurora Carrier and the Squadrons would meet in approximately 10 minutes.

    nevh.png

    Alonso gestures for Sek to move closer to him and whispers something indiscernible into his ear, before he returns to addressing you.


    “You and Mr.Sek should become “acquainted”. There are a few ground rules that need to be discussed. After that you two are free to whatever the damn hell you want. Get back here at 2 A.M. and one of my boys will have the package ready for you deliver.”

    Selenco dismisses you with his hand as if you were a servant. Sek picks up on this quite quickly and moves fast, he gives you a quick look and gestures with his head to follow him out of the room of heavily armed men.

    Once outside you are greeted with two unfriendly faces donning sunglasses that promptly shut the door behind you and then both take a place on each side of the door. Sek moves quickly down the hallway connected to the Executive’s Lounge. Silhouettes of fish bounce onto the wall from the large aquarium across from it. As Sek turns a corner you hear a sudden *thud* sound as two bodies collide
    “Excuse me”
    Sek is standing at the end the bar, his left leg soaked in ambrosia. A tall blond man is standing near him and handing him brown napkins to help get it out. Sek tries his best and manages to get some of it out.
    “Really sorry about that” a smile crosses that mans face as if trying to ease tensions. He pulls out a wallet and seems ready to pull out a few bills for the dry cleaning. But Sek just looks him in the eyes for a moment and then walks off to the washroom without accepting any cash.The man looks a bit puzzled and puts his wallet back in his pocket. He attempts to keep his positive demeanor as he looks to you

    “I hope that little offering didn’t make things worse with your friend.”

    A sly smile crosses his face, you’ve seen him around the bar before.



    timmsh.png

    Exiting the bathroom, it’s almost as if the entire incident had never occurred. No sign of blood, the med-kit Stone had brought back is gone. Everyone cleaned up…very fast. You walk back to your seat with seemingly impeccable timing as the Pilot begins to make an announcement through the speaker system
    “This is your Pilot speaking”

    I suppose the alternative was the co-pilot? Or maybe he just had a thing for tradition.

    “We are approximately 20 minutes away from arrival on-board the Battlestar Triton. If you can return to your seats and fasten your safety belts for landing, just in case landing isn’t quite as smooth as can sometimes be the case with a vessel of this size.”
    The speaker goes dead for a moment before the pilot begins to speak again

    “For those who haven’t seen our Fleet in action before, we will have an escort. So make sure to grab a window seat if you want to get a view of some our fine men and women in action.”


    whiteh.png

    You can hear Roland utter a slight “hmm” at the mention of the General. The change in his expression suggests some level of surprise. As you are escorted out of the room you hear Blake raised his voice to make sure you heard as you traveled down the hall.
    “Thank you, White”

    He had turned to face you as you left with Wales, a look of genuine gratitude on his face. As Wales shut the door, you heard several shuffling noises from behind it that you could only assume were of Blake being processed back into his cell. Wales gives you a look; the look of a sad cop who had been hardened and knew what to expect as soon as you entered that room. The officers guides you the same way you came down, he remains quiet understanding now wasn’t the times for words.

    As you reach the main hall. Once there he sees you past the metal detector where you receive your sidearm back. “Give me a call if I can be of any more help, Colonel” he looks over the receptionist “Amanda will patch you through to me without any problems.”

    She flashes you a quick cheerful smile. Wales nods to you a sad look still in his eye and then walks off to a back off. Amanda is quick to address you “So I take it you’re leaving us for today, Colonel?” she turns her head to the side almost like sad puppy or child but she is obviously over emoting. She quickly turns her head back and smiles “I happened to call a cab for you” She points enthusiastically outside and low and behold there is a cab.
    “Have a good one , Colonel”

    Egos on
  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Arkanian

    "Beta Leader, this is Alpha Leader. The board is green. Alpha wing report in and confirm ToT."

    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Timms

    Following the captain's advice and taking the window seats, Jon and Timms grab seats opposite each other.

    "Ah, thanks again for the shirt. Really haven't the slightest clue what happened. But I'm feeling fine now, so don't worry about me, ok?"

    Timms takes a look out of the window to look for the escort.

  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    arkanianh.png

    "Hover reporting in. ETA is approximately 9 minutes at current rate of speed."

    You notice the squadron all seems ready to go. You can hear some chatter

    "Tell me again why they need a two whole squadrons for this?" "So the other doesn't get lonely?"
    "It's a formality....and you should cut the chatter.."

  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited July 2011
    arkanianh.png
    As you approach the Aurora you are amazed by it’s beauty and size. It is unlike any other ship you have seen. Obviously not a warship, at least not one built for utility, it was like a prize warship. A battleship to be sure, but it had received treatments to be on display.
    Triton Dispatch to Aurora. This is Junior Lieutenant Danae Maxwell, we will be escorting you to Battlestar Triton. On behalf of our Commanding Officer I would like to offer you a welcome to the Triton and Acheron.”

    Aurora to Envoy. Read you Loud and Clear. Thank you for the warm welcome; I’ll make sure the boy in the back hear them. Aurora out.

    Beta Squadron soon takes formation to the left side of the Aurora, while Alpha takes formation to the right. The flight back is largely uneventful until you see a steady beam shooting off in the distance. Suddenly
    "AAAHHHH!!!!"

    One of the ships nearby the Aurora suddenly bursts.
    Frak! Evasive Maneuvers

    You hear another sound as a missile shreds through the wings of a unit in your squadron
    "*heavy breathing* Have to Punch out "
    "Crashdown to Alpha Leader. Two of the Gun Turrets are Malfunctioning..."

    His voice is obviously distressed

    "They are aiming for the Aurora"

    You quickly look behind to see the ship take two shots it is able to withstand them, but obviously takes damage, the pilot quickly evades.

    "Beta's gonna do everything we can do to protect the Aurora. Try to take out those turrets!"

    timmsh.png
    “Won’t give it a second thought, kid.” Faulkner gives you a reassuring wink and clicks his tongue almost like one of those cowboy you’d seen in a old holo-tape. He then leans his head back and closes his eyes.

    You soon begin to hear the pilot speak, but it indistinct. As you look out the window you spot several Vipers appear outside. A rather perky young female pilot notices you watching, and turns to you momentarily to wave.

    The loud speaker goes on again , and you notice Jon’s left eye open up just a little bit.
    “As you may have noticed we are now being accompanied to the Triton. I was told to send the Commander’s personal welcome to each of you. So on behalf of Commander Kyle Brandt
    “Welcome to Acheron”.”

    “ahem”

    A slight smirk crosses Jon’s face before he goes back to sleep

    From that point on it seems like it is going to be smooth sailing and it until you reach the Triton itself. Battlestars are as massive and as impressive as you’ve seen. The others don’t seem that impressed though… Everything seems fine at first until you look out the window and see a burst in the distance as a Viper explodes.
    The EMERGENCY SIGN suddenly Turns On

    Faulkner rises to attention and the ship suddenly shakes as if it had been hit with something. He immediately rises and begins to make his way to the cockpit.
    The Aurora is hit again and the ship suddenly turns drastically, everything begins to slide off various tables and out of compartments and crash to the ground due to the angle.
    westh.png

    You hear few knocks on the other door , before it slowly opens up. Victor waves to you, the grim demeanor on his face hasn't diminished understandably. No longer in his lab coat, he is now wearing a fancy pin-stripe suit the like you would see on Caprica.

    "So " he says with a forced smile as he sits down in the chair across from you. He places a folder on your table.
    "I've agreed to have Amanda transferred. All the necessary forms are in there."
    He taps on the chair


    "There is something else, the results I got from the labs.."
    If you open up the file you find amongst other forms of consent a lab report sent by an assistant Emmanuel Oren
    Dated Approximately 3 weeks ago.
    • Subject: Amanda Progress 49%
    • Subject: Cole Progress 38%
    • Subject: Diana Progress 67%
    • Subject: Gideon Progress 77%
    • Subject: Jason Progress 25%
    • Subject: Kelly Progress 80%
    • Subject: Lesley Progress 28%
    • Subject: Quinn Progress 24%
    • Subject: Rick Progress 63%
    • Subject: Renee Progress 72%
    • Subject: Samuel Progress 50%
    • Subject: Victoria Progress 65%

    "Do you happen to have anything to drink?"

    Egos on
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Timms

    It takes a moment for Timms to register what he sees. At first, he thinks that some kind of show is going on, but then he sees the wreckage drifts out of the explosion.

    "Oh my gods..."

    As the emergency lights turn on, bathing the cabin in a dim red glow, Faulkner pushes past and heads towards the Cockpit. The ship begins listing to the side. One of the glasses of water slides down the table and makes to land on Timm's new shirt. Breaking him out of his stupor, he catchs the glass and sets it on the ground.

    Realizing that Faulkner left, Timms decides catch up with Faulkner and head to the Cockpit to see what's going on here.

  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Arkanian

    "All available Alpha Squadron pilots, listen up!. Crashdown, take your three closest Alphas and circle around, trying to draw their fire. Make a run against the far turrets. Remaining Alphas on my wing, attack formation. We're going in."

    Achilles points his nose hard around towards the nearest set of turrets and bears down on them, keeping his eyes open for enemy bogeys. "Max, stay with the Aurora and get a read on what we're dealing with tactically."

    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • EgosEgos God Hand Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    arkanianh.png

    "WHAT!?"
    You hear Scrapper loudly object

    "...Yes....sir.."
    Crashdown says in quietly

    "You gotta be frakkin' kidding me"

    "No..."
    Siren interjects

    "I'm rescinding that order. Crashdown, you and Scrapper maintain distance. Hover, Toxis and I will attempt to draw fire. Keep us posted on the turrets trajectory."


    The Raptor turns away from the firefight as the other three and the rest of Alpha Squadron follow your orders.

    Radio communication with Beta has gone inactive. As you approach the battery near the hangar deck , early reports are confirmed and only two turrets are malfunctioning their trajectory seems to be set on the Aurora seeing as when Nevin and the others sped past it . They do not seem to be concerned with the Vipers.
    "The turret's appear to be auto adjusting to aim at the Aurora... "

    "This is Roger Daniels of the Aurora, our FTL drives are out. We need ____"
    The transmission cuts out

    As you approach the two turrets, the Vipers following you begin to open fire. As the two malfunctioning units continue their relentless assault on the carrier.
    timmsh.png


    You begin your gradual ascent to the front of the plane, you eventually reach the row in which Amorak is seated. He has fallen all the way to the side barely able to grip onto his seat. He seems as perplexed as you are “Timms..what is going “ before he can finish his thought he edges himself closer and sees what you see. It seems to leave him speechless.

    The co-pilot is laying down on the ground his head bleeding out. Rapid beams of light are shooting out toward the ship and you can barely see anything but their brilliant glimmer. As you hoist yourself up. You see that Faulkner has taken to help navigate the ship.

    The Pilot doesn’t say a word he seems far to focused.

    Another man in the room seems to be checking various equipment in the room

    “The frakkin’ FTL drives are shot..” beads of sweat are running down his face

    The man then picks up a com-link
    "This is Roger Daniels of the Aurora, our FTL drives are out. We need immediate aid.”

    He then hangs up hopelessly “heh..”
    ANOTHER FLASH of Brilliant Light

    [DONALD]

  • HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    White

    Slowly settling himself into the back of the Taxi, Nathan paused still frustrated at the helplessness he felt with the whole situation.

    "Where to Marine?" the driver asked, snapping the brooding Colonel out of his thoughts.

    "Sorry. Um, the Marine Corp Base please."

    "You got it"

    The Taxi shuddered to life. Nathan leaned against the window, looking up to the sky in between the passing buildings, Things couldn't get worse... could they?

  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    West

    "That's good. I think it would be good if you were the one to accompany her during the transition down there. Would you like to see what I've set up?"

    Ron then picks up the latest results sheet, glances briefly at them and then files them away with the others. "The rest of the subjects appear to be moving along when can we expect the next demonstration?"

  • TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Arkanian

    "Aye, Sir." Achilles falls into formation with two Alphas on his wing, and evades the turret fire on his way in. He surgically lines up his sights with just the tips of the cannon turrets trying to do as little damage as possible while shutting down the incoming fire. He squeezes off a few rounds before banking hard around the horizontal axis of the Triton, making it impossible for the turrets to follow his path.
    Spoiler:

    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

    CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
2
Sign In or Register to comment.