As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[IC] Acheron- The Fall

13»

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Timms

Shaking his head to clear it, Timms wordlessly looks around for the voice. The ashen faces in the cockpit surely didn't say anything to him, and that light didn't seem like it was from the fight outside.

I... I think I might be going mad. But, if I think I'm going mad, does that mean I'm not? After all if I have the fac-

Interrupted mid-thought by the rocking of the ship, Timms simply decides to see what's going on at the back of the ship.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    arkanianh.png

You effortlessly maneuver your Viper in such a way that allows you to fire off heavy rounds from auto-cannons and destroying the tips of the left turret, rendering it functionless, as well as make a sharp turn as to avoid crashing into the Triton itself. The other pilots follow suit and take out the right turret but are less gentle with their aim and the turret takes quite a bit more damage.

No further causalities are taken, as the turrets had remained set on their target, the Aurora.

Ripcord: "Alpha 3 reporting turrets are down. Repeat turrets are down"

Diones: “Communications with the Aurora have ceased can we get a status report”

Max “ It’s sustained heavy damage and we can't get a frakkin' look inside"

Diones: “Come in for landing. We'll have an emergency crew ready.”
    timmsh.png

Walking to the back a ship, you are struck by another flash of light. Time seems to stand still , the men guarding the entrance to the maintenance area or no longer there. As you enter you notice the guts of the ship ripped apart. One of the men lies down seemingly unconsciously; thankfully there is no blood to be found. Another has his leg crushed by some sort of tubing. As you enter you stumble across the med-kit that was to be used on you. In the corner you spot Stone failing to keep himself on his knees as blood pours from his where neck and collar bone meet. He appears to have been trying to fix gods knows what when he got injured. He still appears to be breathing.

The man with the crushed leg utters “..Hemostatik-A”
    westh.png
    “Yes….I’d very much like that…”
    Victor remains a bit silent before answering your second question, he looks out a bit pensively as if in thought
    “I believe two weeks from this Wednesday we will have a proper demonstration ready for Corporate back on the Colonies ready. Though if you’d like to private demonstration, obviously that can arranged.”

He seems aware he is stating the obvious as you are the Head of the Facility
    “Developments in regards to our animal subjects physical state sadly pale in comparison to those of a more cerebral nature…”

Apparent why he would be sad there wouldn’t be a miraculously increase in regards to health

“That isn’t to say there haven’t been marginal improvements in the aforementioned departments. “ He looks off to the side “Just not as interesting..”

Egos on
  • Options
    TheMadjaiTheMadjai Sir Madjai of SanSan MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Achilles

Achilles punches into a direct line to Max. "Beta Leader, Alpha Leader. Listen, I don't know what the frak is going on, but our own ship just tried to take down our *guest.* I'm not sure what kind of a reception we're likely to have back on board. DO you think sending in all wings for a combat landing is the right course here? What if whoever did this is waiting for us in the Hangar?"

TheMadjai on
    "Yeah, TheMadjai knows whats up." --Lardalish

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
    Android: Netrunner, Warhammer: Conquest, Star Realms
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    arkanianh.png

Max remains silent for a few moments before responding "...Why weren't all the turrets firing at all us ,then?"

She waits for a reply "If the crew were actually trying to kill us they would have had all the turrets turn on us as soon as we entered range. "

Her tone remains somewhat perplexed as if she isn't sure what you are getting "Anyway one my boys might be dead and we the Aurora isn't going anywhere anytime soon ."

You hear her sigh over the communicator
    whiteh.png

After arriving at the Base, you show your identification to the guards and are able to make a quick entrance. You take your time strolling down the streets reminded of your time back on the Colonies as you look around you see how Charon has progressed. The base itself has taken a great many strides to remind those of home and you have been trying to think of words to say to Mrs. Blake even as you approached her block.

As you reached the street. You saw in the distance a modest duplex , a small tree in the front yard. You had your cellphone available to you, should you decide to use it. In the distance you saw a playground. Several army brats making the best of what time they had.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Timms

Panicking, Timms freezes for a second, not sure what to do. A few more seconds of moaning for help finally unlock his legs and allow him to snatch up the med kit and dash to Stone. Fumbling around with the contents of it, Timms eventually finds the package of Hemostatik. Ripping the package open, he smothers the man's wound with the powder and begins to wrap a bandage around it.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    timmsh.png

You hear footsteps coming from a stairwell leading to a lower deck in the maintenance bay. A slight controlled gasp of horror his heard as he surveys the scene in front of him. You manage to stop the bleeding, but it's hard to determine if Stone will live or not. He still appears to be breathing but he isn't conscious.

"Fra..." "Hell..." you hear a clunk behind you as and then the security guard groaning in pain. It's obvious someone had just removed the tubing off his leg.

"Timms" you realize the voice is that of Haven "You ..alright?" he is obviously out of breath

Egos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Achilles

"Fair enough." Achilles flicks a couple switches. "Alpha Team, Alpha leader. I'm ordering a return to base. Repeat, return to base." He steers his nose towards the flight deck after checking in with the rest of his wing.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    arkanianh.png

You hear Max queitly order her team "We're returning back home..." you hear her remark "we'll pay the proper respects to Proly.... later." a slight sound of defeat in her voice.

Beta Squadron quickly descends into the landing bay, followed by Alpha. Before landing you notice that the Aurora was still headed for Triton. It appears the vessel's pilot is still alive at least...no matter how damaged it is. In addition as you were moving in you noticed several raptors departing from Hangar Deck. As your Viper is lowered down into the Hangar Deck. You see Deron and an emergency crew waiting anxiously in the distance.

You notice at least one engineer making sure everything went smoothly with your landing and that you are able to get out safely.

Egos on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    White

Still unsure how to approach Mrs Blake, The Colonel thought that to call ahead would at the very least be the polite thing to do. Sliding his cell phone out he quickly checked for any messages he might have missed before punching in the number to the Blake residence.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Arkanian

Achilles disengages the chinstrap on his flight helmet and tosses it angrily in the cockpit as he leaps from his Viper. "What the FRAK is going on?"

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    arkanianh.png

A young engineer addresses you as pop out of the cockpit, a bit anxious you'll take out your fury on him

"A raptor team has been sent to breach the hull of the Aurora and take any of the severely wounded back. Another team is going to try the same frakkin' thing once they are done, except salvage whatever is left of it and attempt to dock it at Acheron."

The man sighs and runs his palm his hand across his face " The third team is going in search of Rin.."

"As for the turrets, we don't have a frakkin' clue....Sir" he looks and shrugs at another gearhead inspecting your Viper.

Egos on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    West

"I thought as much" he replies trying to hide the hint of disappointment in his voice.

"Keep me updated if anything new develops".

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Arakanian

Achilles eyes the engineer, and salutes. "Get on it." He turns to look for Max. "Where's Nyx?"

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Timms

"Who, me? I'm fine. None of this blood is mine. It's these poor guys you need to be worrying about!"

Timms glances over his shoulder. He really feels like he should keep moving. After all, what's the worst that could happen? He could die? There's a good chance that's going to happen anyway, last he saw outside! At least this way, he'll get to die with the knowledge that he did everything he could. But, he couldn't just leave these guys here in this state...

"So, ah, which way is sick bay? I think we should either get them there or get the doctor here."

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nevett

Ambrose smiles at the gentleman, for a second, then looks at the bartender, catches his eye, gives a little nod of the head that all the people here know means to 'get me the usual' - a glass of hawryliw, no ice, touch of water. Leaning against the nearest open space at the bar itself, Ambrose purposefully looks anywhere but at the clumsy man, says, "Business partners, things can always get worse, you know how it is."

The hawryliw is placed in front of Ambrose, the bartender asking no charge. Ambrose takes a sip, closes his eyes, puts it back down on its octagonal coaster. Faces the blond man, at long last, looks him over once, twice.

"Now, I'm not one for remembering faces," he says, picking up his drink and emoting with it, slightly, "But I could have sworn by the Lords of Kobol that I've seen you around here before. Since you don't seem to be here for business, or at least almost certainly not for any kind of business I'm in, that seems to leave pleasure as the root of your residence in this den of sin. So what's your vice, friend, beyond wasting perfectly good alcohol on marinading a pair of pants or two."

Another sip of the drink. There's some music playing in the air, but Ambrose can't quite put his finger on it, not now. Have to ask later. Could get used to music like this, a man in his position.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    arkanianh.png

You dash through a crowd of soldiers to yell out at a distressed Max. Her arms are crossed, her eyes cold as she looks out helplessly into dead space. She lost a friend and there was a palpable feeling of dread in the room. Your indignant tone did not seem to help matters. She replied without exchanging a glance

“You know where to find her.”

Her tone was cold and straight to the point. It didn’t hold malice and it told you what you needed to know. Where would Nyx be?

The same place Brandt would be.
    nevh.png

The man smiles devilishly and places his arms on the counter. Soon gesturing for the bartender to bring him two drinks. Presumably what he was drinking before.

“Maybe I’m in the business of people..” the drinks arrive promptly and he takes a sip from his as he locks eyes with yours. His other drink remains in a seat dormant next to him.
    “You are a poor judge of character, Ambrose.” With a single utterance he certifies that you have met him before. He blinks rapidly as if switching into another train of though “And I am rather free of vice.” His smile widens “and I am here on business.”

“To meet a friend. A business acquaintance. Much like yours I’d assume. The one in the bathroom.”

His words are threatening but his demeanor remains friendly. An odd disparity . He turns to watch a large screen on the wall. A game of Pyramid is being played.

“Are you a fan of sports, Ambrose?”

He looks down

“Have to say I’m not, it’s always the same outcome.”

From the other side of the bar, you see Sek coming out of the bathroom
    timmsh.png

“Sick bay?” Haven laughs in an almost sadistic way, but you can tell it’s brought about by fright “There is no frakkin’ sick bay.”

He runs his hand down his face , wiping out beads of sweat.

“The escape shuttles?” the Security man on the ground utters

“Destroyed…” Haven says cryptically

“Drennan thought he could fix them. Still thinks he can.” He obviously doesn’t have much faith.

“No frakking idea where the stewardess is…” Haven looks almost sad “Likely dead” he says quietly. The conscious Security Guard growls as he forces himself to his feet.

Haven turns alarmed not expecting the beast of a man to pull himself up. “What about Wilkins?”

It’s apparent he is talking about the man on the ground from where he is staring. Haven looks away. The guard leans over and nods solemnly .

He suddenly points to you “We need to get him to seating area. This is a death trap . The shots loosened the overhead . Debris and god knows what could fall down and any one of us. There is a chance they will send a rescue team for us . If there is an hope for him we need to get him to a safer area.”

He points authoritatively to Haven ‘Alright?’ Haven nods

“I’m in no shape to help a living man , but I can’t leave my friend here.” The guard valiantly drags his dead comrade into the seating area with one arm and a great deal of effort. Having to support himself much of the way.

Haven is pale and seems as if he had already died. He looks over to. “Shall we then?”

Stone was obviously not able to get up and you were gonna have to carry him. Haven positioned himself behind his back and waited for you get to his legs.

You could hear the ship roar.

“Ready?”
    westh.png

“Alright then.” Victor stood up. He could tell his presence was likely no longer welcome. He had displeased the boss after being granted a favor, it was best to make his exit now.

He tucked in the chair and furrowed his brow as if to say something more but then decided not to.

“Thank you for being so concerned about Amanda.” He sigh nervously “..Ron”

He turns to make his leave.

Before exiting, he stops at the door.

“I’ll try and have a talk with corporate down at public relations tomorrow.”

“See if we can get the demonstration pushed ahead of schedule”

Seemingly trying to assuage any bad feeling with his last gesture is made evident by the fact he is evidently afraid to maintain eye contact with you. Or his mind is simply in another place. He takes his hat off a nearby and tips it off to you before quickly exiting.

It’s getting late and most of the workers should be going home at this point-only security working at this point and a few stragglers.

whiteh.png

You dial in the digits to your voice mail

“1 new message”
    From the time it was apparently received sometime between when you entered the cab and when you left the Station. You aren't sure why you didn't hear your phone go off. Though there are some areas in which service is shotty at best.

“Colonel White” you are greeted by the voice a commanding woman “ this is Leslie Rorro with the Charon Police Department. I overheard several of my colleagues speak of your visit. They were not pleased..” Her voice begins to grow quiet “ If you can meet me near the back of the Arena at 1:00 A.M. I may be able to tell you more about …things.”

It is apparent why she may be remaining discreet; her call could be traced or recorded hence her vague use of language.

You close the phone. Her voice still fresh in your mind and dial in the number to the Blake Residence. It rings a few time before someone answers

A woman sounding somewhat surprised, you immediately recognize the voice.

Marie: Hello?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Arkanian

Achilles silently puts a hand on Max's shoulder. He squeezes gently and leaves without speaking again. He heads off in the direction of the CIC.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Timms

Maybe this is what I was supposed to come back here for?
    Yeah, I'm sure that's what the bright flash of light had in mind for y-WHY ARE YOU STILL THINKING THERE IS SOME BIG PLAN OR SOMETHING? It's lucky you were stumbled your way here, but be realistic. It's a ship that's getting shot at. You could probably have walked in any direction on the ship and found someone that needed help.

"Well, are you going to help or not," Haven asks, with a bit of confusion and irritation in his voice.

Snapping out of his reflection on his sanity, Timms makes to pick up Stone's legs and says "Ready."

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nevett

"Oh, I'm a fine judge of character," replies Ambrose, a cheeky grin spreading across his face, "I just need an appeal, sometimes, to get to the real bottom of things. Being in the business of people, I'm sure you understand, it can take a few tries before you get right down into the heart of someone. Under their skin and all."

Taking a sip of his drink, he turns his own attention to the Pyramid game. There was a strangeness to the sport that he never quite comprehended, especially in the rules and regulations - not to mention the betting structures that kept the whole thing afloat on this side of the colonies - but there were aspects he liked. The need for control of a position, the movement, the at-times brutality of it all.

Glancing over at the approaching Sek, Ambrose gives one final tip of the glass at his blonde troublemaker, before patting him on the shoulder, then saying in no uncertain terms, "I'll deal with my business acquaintance for you. Let's do this again sometime."

Then he walked off, to intercept Sek and get on with their business plans.

simonwolf on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    White

"Hi, Marie? Its Colonel White here. I was... in the area, and hoped I could stop by for a chat. It's about Roland"

Nathan braced himself, unsure how Marie would react.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    arkanianh.png

---Coming Soon---

nevh.png

Sek looks off at the man sitting at the bar and then back at you , a quizzical expression on his face. After contemplating the man's presence you hear a slight “Hmm” sound exit Sek's vocal cords. Turning back to you, he tilts his head gesturing toward the exit. He moves briskly past the crowd of people, who are either intoxicated or distracted with various games of chance.

Sek remains quiet during your trek, though you doubt you would hear much anyway from all the sounds of various levers being pulled and coins falling into tins. In addition to all the shouting and hollering.

Once you reach the entrance of the Selenco. You see several attractive women in rather gawdy lace and fur outfits, you can only presume what their profession is. Though there are others around that have less...tragic taste in attire; sadly most of them have company it seems. In addition to them you notice a few security guard around. Large sturdy types.

Sek gestures you to follow him to quiet alleyway nearby. As he waits for you, he reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a pack of cigarettes. Pulling one out and then lighting it.

timmsh.png

"Well, are you going to help or not,"
    A spectre of Haven appears before you separating itself from the material body of Haven himself. The space around you begins to distort as the edges around every object in the ship begins to momentarily blur.
    “Help me”

The face of the dead guard suddenly pops into your line of vision and suddenly reality returns back to normal. The spectre of Haven is gone as well.

“Ready?” he asks

It seems as though no time has passed. You try to move but realize you can’t control your body. You hear a voice and immediately recognize it as your own.

“Ready.”

You oddly feel yourself lacking control as you are now carry Stone’s body into the seating area with Haven. It’s an odd sensation watching without feeling, that is until suddenly your senses kick back in as if time were catching up with you.

The guard forcibly removes one of the seats and lays on the ground in front of Haven. He almost trips but manages to watch his step. The two of you lay him down carefully. It isn’t long before the man you saw on the distress line earlier comes out of the cockpit. A gloom expression still on his face, but he appears a bit relieved

“Well it looks like the firing has stopped..” He nods nervously “Umm we saw several Raptors headed...” he stops midway when he sees the injured Stone. He bites down on his lip

“Help should be here soon..” He nods nervously again and rushes back to the cockpit presumably to make some sort of preparations.

whiteh.png

You hear a slight sigh on the other end of the line. It isn't angry but that of a woman worn down.

“Colonel, I've already told the other Officers everything I know about what happened that night....”

She sounds tired and rather defeated. You hear her bated breath as she waits for you to respond with what she expects is in the inevitable inquiry.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Arkanian

Continuing his long walk to the CIC, Achilles looks around, trying to make sense of what is going on. Something turned those cannons on their friends. That action had a very real cost to it. At least one pilot paid for that mistake with his life.

TheMadjai on

CURRENTLY PLAYING:
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    White

"I know, and i'm not wanting to put you through more questioning. I'm here as a favor to Roland, he really needs to see you... before he's taken off colony"

Hippie on