This game will be a normal game with the Grand Dames
, and Tales and Legends
Small World is a game of territory domination with an emphasis of strategic thinking over random dice rolls. Each player will be able to select from a number of randomly generated races which combine the race's abilities with a special power to generate combinations ranging between ho-hum and outstandingly powerful. However, you have to decide when to abandon your current race in favor of a new one as the original lacks the power to expand or outlives its usefulness.
How do I join?
People can sign up until 11:59am EST
on Saturday the 28th. After that, I will randomly choose five victims to play for everyone else's viewing entertainment. The game will begin after Thanksgiving and hopefully will be completed before Christmas. That may be wishful thinking, though.
Once a round ends, I will update the map, set the current event and reveal the upcoming event.
Guidelines for playing:
The initial race/special power stack will be randomized; I'll be keeping the board via a VASSAL module
and will handle drawing new races and powers. If you are selecting a new race on your turn, you can either select from the known choices or wait for my next update to see the new combination.
Players can make their own rolls for final conquests/berserk (roll 1d6; 4,5,6 = 0
) and are responsible for reposting the game summary with their additions/alterations. Post how many points you earned for your turn, but keep the total to yourself. At the end of the game, we'll reveal how many points we've earned. There is no way to stop it, but it is against the spirit (and rules) of the game to keep a running total of other players' points.
To keep the game flowing faster, each retreating unit from conquered regions will go to the region with the least defense that does not contain an immunity token like the dragon, hero, or halfling hole. Water regions are considered immune as well. Multiple retreating units will each check for whatever is lowest at the time they are placed.
Special Power Summary:
1. Amazons (6) Use 4 Additional Amazons during conquest.
2. Dwarves (3) Collect 1 extra coin for each mine, even in decline.
3. Elves (6) Do not suffer losses when conquered.
4. Ghouls (5) Act as if active when in decline.
5. Giants (6) Conquer adjacent to occupied mountains at -1 units.
6. Halflings (6) First conquest may be anywhere. Place a hole-in-the-ground tokens in each of the first two regions conquered. These regions are immune to conquest and/or powers of enemy players.
7. Humans (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Farmland region.
8. Orcs (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each occupied region conquered this turn.
9. Ratmen (8) Have more tokens than other races!
10. Skeletons (6) Create 1 additional skeleton during redeploy for each 2 occupied regions conquered this turn.
11. Sorcerors (5) On your turn, you may replace an opponent's single active token adjacent to your territory with a sorceror from the box. You may do this once per turn per opponent.
12. Tritons (6) Require one less token to conquer coastal regions (this includes regions adjacent to the lake).
13. Trolls (5) Place a Troll's Lair in each region you occupy. A region with a lair requires one extra token to conquer. These stay even in decline, but are removed if there are no trolls present in the region.
14. Wizards (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each Magic Source.
15. Kobolds (11) You may not conquer or occupy a region with fewer than 2 race tokens. When going In Decline, however, keep a single token in each Region, as normal.
16. Goblins (6) You may conquer any In Decline Region at a cost of 1 less Goblin token than normal.
17. Gypsies (6) Place 1 bonus VP (from the stash) in each Region you abandon. You cannot conquer these Regions again this turn, BUT you receive the coins they hold as a bonus at turn's end.
18. Priestesses (4) When going In Decline, take one token from each region you occupy and stack them to form a single "Ivory Tower" in one of the regions you occupy, abandoning all the others. Each turn, score 1 VP for each Priestess token in the Ivory Tower, in lieu of your usual In Decline scoring.
19. White Ladies (2) Once In Decline, White Ladies are immune to your opponents' conquests and powers.
1. Alchemist (4) Collect 2 exta coins at the end of each turn while active.
2. Berserk (4) You can use the reinforcement die for every conquest and roll before selecting the region.
3. Bivouacking (5) During redeploy, place or move the 5 Encampment tokens in your region(s). Regions with these tokens require one more token to be conquered. You may have multiple encampment tokens in each region.
4. Commando (4) Regions require one less token to conquer.
5. Diplomat (5) At the end of your turn, pick an opponent whose active race you did not attack. That player may not attack your active race before your next turn.
6. Dragon Master (5) Once per turn, you may make a single conquest with just one token. Place or move the Dragon token into that region which makes it immune.
7. Flying (5) You may conquer any region except water even if they are not adjacent.
8. Forest (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Forest you control.
9. Fortified (3) Once per turn, place one Fortress in a region you control (max 1 per region, 6 total). Each fortress token generates one extra point if the race is active and regions with fortress tokens require one more token to conquer (even in decline).
10. Heroic (5) At the end of your turn place your 2 Hero tokens in two seperate regions you control. These regions cannot be conquered and are immune to enemy powers.
11. Hill (4) Collect 1 bonus coin for each Hill you control.
12. Merchant (2) Collect 1 bonus coin for each region you control.
13. Mounted (5) Conquer Hills and Farmlands at -1 units.
14. Pillaging (5) Collect 1 extra coin for each non-empty region conquered this turn.
15. Seafaring (5) You may conquer and occupy water regions. This lasts even in decline.
16. Spirit (5) This race does not count for your declined race limit. (Keep this power when in decline)
17. Stout (4) You may go into Decline after conquering.
18. Swamp (4) Collect 1 extra coin for each Swamp you control.
19. Underworld (5) You may conquer regions with caverns at -1 units. All regions with Caverns are considered adjacent.
20. Wealthy (4) Collect 7 extra coins at the end of your first turn active.
21. Cursed (0) In order to skip this race during race selection, you must place 3 VP on it instead of the usual 1.
22. Hordes Of (5) You may use your 2 "Hordes Of" tokens exactly as if they were additional active race tokens. They disappear when you go into decline.
23. Ransacking (4) Each time you successfully conquer a Region containing an opponent's active Race, he must immediately pay you 1 VP from his own stash.
24. Were- (4) On even-numbered turns, conquer all regions at -2 tokens.
25. Marauding (5) Once your conquests are over (but BEFORE any final conquest attempt using the Reinforcement Die), take your troops back in hand, leaving at least one token per region, and go through another complete cycle of conquests; then do your final conquest attempt, if any.
26. Historian (5) Collect 1 bonus VP for each Race In Decline at the time you select the Historians. While you're active, collect 1 bonus VP each time another Race goes into decline, including your own race!
27. Peace-Loving (4) Collect 3 bonus VP at the end of each turn during which you have attacked no active Race.
1. Drake Sea
2. Dragon Coast
3. Witch Marsh
4. World's End
7. Warlock Falls
8. Westros (1) Lost Tribe
12. Rush Valley (1) Lost Tribe
13. Rolling Flats (1) Lost Tribe
17. Norfolk (1) Lost Tribe
18. Ent's Harbor
19. Swamps of Despair (1) Lost Tribe
6. Ghitu Highlands (1) Lost Tribe
10. Mount Mithril
11. Ghitu Lowlands
14. Iron Spine
15. Secluded Swamp (1) Lost Tribe
23. White Crag
21. Rainbow Lake
26. Piercing Delta (1) Lost Tribe
31. Saint's Pride
32. Falling Leaves (1) Lost Tribe
33. Burning Steppes
34. Gug (1) Lost Tribe
39. Secluded Vale
40. Mid Peaks
41. High Peaks
42. Crackling Steppes (1) Lost Tribe
47. Misty Vale
48. Corner Sea
OP was stolen from Valkun's pocket by Gandalf the Crazed, whom [strike]I[/strike] Rorus Raz drugged and stole it for himself.
24. Wool Road (1) Lost Tribe
28. Raptor's Nest
30. Midland (1) Lost Tribe
35. Platinum Plateau (1) Lost Tribe
36. Quicksilver Forest (1) Lost Tribe
37. Tranquil Expanse
38. Engorged Marsh (1) Lost Tribe
43. Silver Mist
44. Dryad's Retreat (1) Lost Tribe