As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mass Effect 3: HOLIDAY 2011 MOTHERFUCKERS

• DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Orca wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    I don't think we've heard one way or the other on new DLC

to be honest I'd be surprised if we got anything else major

But it was supposed to be the first of the bridging DLC D:

Remember when they said Bring Down The Sky was the first of many DLC for ME1 and that some of the DLC would bridge with ME2?

DarkPrimus on
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Honestly, does anyone expect the VGA announce to be anything BUT ME3? I can't imagine they will announce a new IP until well into the ME3 marketing push. They aren't going to want to take attention away from the end of one of the highest rated modern game series of all time. But, that's just my take on it.
    Please be Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood 2!

Fawst on
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station didn't lead into any sort of ME2 event. One was free and just about killing Batarians, and the other is just about plain combat, with some new weapons. Blah in my opinion.

The DLC for ME2 is pretty good, for the most part. Only DLC I've bought though is alternate costumes because dammit Garrus needs a new suit, the Kasumi DLC, and LotSB. Depending on who would be in the next bundle, or how well it's done, I might get another alternate costume set.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    SoulGate wrote: »
    One was free and just about killing Batarians

This is the best kind of DLC. Hundreds more plz!

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station didn't lead into any sort of ME2 event.

No they did not, but originally Bioware had stated they would have bridging DLC for ME1. It just never happened.

DarkPrimus on
  • DarkCrawlerDarkCrawler Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    wilting wrote: »
    So apparently Sony Russia has accidentally leaked that the game that is going to be revaled at the VGAs is Mass Effect 3. So much for all the speculation about a multiplayer title?

If this is true...

ohmygodpleasebetrue

then it still wont be out till late next year at the earliest

but it will be nice to see where they are taking the series

ommplzzzzzzz

this would be so awesome

DarkCrawler on
  • ShrieveShrieve Game Designer CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I'd prefer seeing ME3 out before a separate multiplayer title. Who knows though; it might be the same game.

Either way looking forward to the VGAs. Well... looking forward to watching the trailer uploaded online after that is.

Shrieve on
    FkbtS.png
    edited November 2010

If there was a spinoff of nothing but killing batarians and sexing Asari, it'd be #1.

For some reason, I fully expect the Asari to be changed to other random species. Drell? D:

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If there was a spinoff of nothing but killing batarians and sexing Asari, it'd be #1.

I would play the shit out of such a game.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
  • Captain ElevenCaptain Eleven The last card is a kronk Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Edit. Awesome double post fail.

Edit. Lovely, top of the page double post fail.

Captain Eleven on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010

For some reason, I fully expect the Asari to be changed to other random species. Drell? D:
    SoulGate wrote:

I would play the shit out of that game.

So your double fail won't be too noticeable.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • DeaderinredDeaderinred Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Deaderinred on
  • Doctor DeimosDoctor Deimos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i like how the under armor logo actually seems to fit

Doctor Deimos on
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Leitner wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Give me new DLC Bioware. Please.

We've got at least twomore pieces to go right? Looking forward to it, they're basically the first guys to really do episodic content properly.

I hope we get some sort of Reaper scout, something we haven't seen before.

And Mass Effect 3 leak? FUCK YEAH!

Time to go from Quads to Quints gentlepeople.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Mass Effect 3 has the potential to be one of the most epic games of all time.

Buttcleft on
  • Rodent242Rodent242 Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Yay for soonish ME3 information.

Also, why the hell is there no Elcor DLC.

Rodent242 on
    LIVE: Nitzer 24 , CO: @Rodent, Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Rodent242/
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Hey so how do I switch around outfits on my team.

edit: Nevermind, just found it.

Foolish Chaos on
  • hatedinamericahatedinamerica Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Rodent242 wrote: »
    Also, why the hell is there no Elcor DLC.

All I want is a massive, plot-driven DLC pack that takes place on an Elcor planet.

The conversations alone would take 10 hours to go through, nevermind the combat and exploration.

hatedinamerica on
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    You are all gonna be so disappointed when it turns out that the video was just a ruse, and the announcement turns out to be for "Bejeweled: Mass Effect edition." or something equally lame.

Ad astra on
  • EmporiumEmporium Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I love the elcor, and think they're quite humorous (as my avatar may indicate), but god damn I hate talking to them in-game. The elcor hamlet ads in the Citadel were pretty damn funny though.

And I don't really care what they announce at this point, I just want to know.

Emporium on
  • TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I just really really want to see an elcor in combat.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    An Elcor decked out with missiles, triple barreled mass accelerators, flamethrowers, and enough armor to equal that of a tank.

It would be awesome.

Edit: Somthing like this
    MASS_EFFECT_2___Elcor_Spectre_by_MiGo_Go.jpg

Ad astra on
  • lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Clearly the only way to combat the reapers is with Krogan-Elcor cavalry. That is, Krogans riding Elcor into battle.

lowlylowlycook on
    steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i dunno

that would be rather slow compared to the swift biotic bug warriors the rachni queen is preparing

speaking of which - during my no-cooldowns ME1 run - fighting stasis-spamming brood warriors requires tactics

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • NoluncNolunc Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    What's a no-cooldowns run in ME1? no powers? or play like ME2 where you have to wait for one cooldown before you use another power? or something else entirely?

Nolunc on
  • DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If there was a spinoff of nothing but killing batarians and Asari, it'd be #1.

Dragkonias on
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Nolunc wrote: »
    What's a no-cooldowns run in ME1? no powers? or play like ME2 where you have to wait for one cooldown before you use another power? or something else entirely?

PC master race overlord C.H.B. exploits the developer console so he can use all his ME1 powers whenever he wants

Unfortunately this means all the NPCs can aswel

Basically it's chaos

Dox the PI on
  • ChronocideChronocide Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    See I thought Mass Effect 3 was a given, and the VGA announcement said something along the lines of a new game, not a sequel. But ME3 will be a new game so now I'm conflicted. I know ME3 is coming, I don't know if a ME-Multi game is... D:

Chronocide on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Turian Cosplay

Is it weird that the first thing I think about when seeing that is how it must be hell on his feet?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited November 2010
    So these go on sale tomorrow, I'm conflicted between Grunt and Tali. Or maybe all of them. But I need to save my monies for Christmas D:
    154490_459993656644_85811091644_5699901_3894019_n.jpg

Chronocide on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I keep seeing that posted and would totally buy it but never see a link o nwhere to buy.

SkutSkut on
    edited November 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    I keep seeing that posted and would totally buy it but never see a link o nwhere to buy.
    They should be up on here tomorrow.

Chronocide on
  • SeanronSeanron GlasgowRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Stop talking about ME3 dudes, the sheer mention of that combination of words and letters turns me into a giddy, joyful, slavering mess...and I'm in work :P

Seanron on
    PSN: Seanron - XBL: Seanron - Steam: Seanron
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Jesus tapdancing christ that's some expensive swag.

SkutSkut on
    edited November 2010
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Jesus tapdancing christ that's some expensive swag.

Add $30 for shipping for me (Aussie), but it's so good.

Chronocide on
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i really wish they'd just sell poster versions of the lithos

or failing that widescreen wallpaper versions

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • TraumaTrauma Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i really wish they'd just sell poster versions of the lithos

or failing that widescreen wallpaper versions

THIS.

I agree it's amazing stuff, but as much as I love the lithos, I don't make enough money to justify picking them up. At this point, I'm just like one step away from setting my direct deposit to go straight to BioWare. The N7 Hoodie set me back a bunch already.... but it's SOOOOOO good.

Trauma on
    DHS wrote: »
    If someone creates a miracle foolproof medicine that is a cure for the common cold, cancer and loneliness but it has the minor side effects of explosive diarrhea, uncontrollable bleeding from the eyes and murder-fugues, that's not a total 'resounding' success.

White FC: 0218 0574 8285
    edited November 2010
    it's a rare thing for me to remember dreams

and it's even rarer for me to dream about video games

but i just dreamt that i saw the opening to ME3

and it was GLORIOUS.
    scene opens with shepard sitting in a nice, well-appointed ground-floor office on a garden world. it's twilight outside, lights in the distance are subdued but pretty against the darkening sky. this shep is apparently a female, and is shorter and denser than the usual shepard template (customizable body types!?). she also has a hairstyle that i can only describe as realistic (!) with flyaways and such. she's checking email, and joker walks in with a folder.

"hey commander, we just got the new normandy armor sample in." he takes the folder and opens it, unfolding it. it seems to double in thickness and respond to his touch. soon enough what he's holding is a 1 foot square section of hull plating, light - and apparently very flexible. he bends it with his hands to show the shiny side. "this stuff's amazing. everything we've thrown at it just seems to bounce off."

"that's great, joker. let me know when it's installed."

"you got it, commander." he leaves.

shepard pulls up a communication symbol on her large desk. EDI (!!) appears, and opens a channel to the alliance. before any message can be sent, however, the holographic display disappears to static, then resolves to show an image of a reaper. shepard's face darkens. The voice is familiar, dark, and resonant.

shepard growls out an irritated response. "what do you want, harbinger? you're never getting back into this galaxy."

"YOU LIE."

"no, i'm not lying. i stopped saren, i stopped the collectors, and i don't plan on letting anyone else stand in my way."

"WE HAVE FOUND ANOTHER WAY."

this is news. big news. before shepard can respond, the ground starts shaking. camera cuts to a view just above the colony, where 5 reaper-esque structures slowly appear over the horizon. EDI cuts in. "commander, the colony's automated defenses have been activated." 5 turrets rise from the ground in various parts of the colony, and start firing thanix cannon shots (!!!!!) at the structures. shepard tells EDI that she wants every reaper structure monitored immediately.

"shepard, my analysis confirms reaper origin."

"no shit EDI, tell me something i don't know."

"all five of the structures have released one of their 'claws' into the ground underneath us. shepard, the claws are not converging on our location."

"then where are they going?" The ground shakes violently.

"they appear to be heading to the interior of the planet. they are accelerating."

shepard grips her desk. "joker. get us out of here!"

"you got it, ma'am!"

the well-appointed office dissolves into holographic bits that reveal shepard actually standing in the conference room of the normandy (fully customizable rooms/normandy interiors!!). the camera zooms outside to show the normandy sitting on a landing pad on the surface. systems being powering up.

EDI chimes in again. "shepard, i am detecting an anomaly in the planetary gravitational field. it is expanding rapidly. i suggest haste."

"JOKER! NOW!"

the normandy lifts off, and rapidly gains altitude. the camera cuts to space. the normandy whooshes up from the planet, which seems to convulse in a massive warp field. then, it explodes into millions of tiny fragments.

camera cuts back to shepard, looking EXTREMELY grim. "they just killed a world to get to me. the reapers are going to pay."

cut to black, cue Mass Effect 3 logo

curly haired boy on
    RxI0N.png
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Have you been watching Macross Frontier lately?

Orca on
  • eeSanGeeSanG I slice like a goddamn hammer. Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    "YOU LIE."

I loved this part.

eeSanG on
    LFMGb.jpg
    Slice like a god damn hammer. LoL: Rafflesia / BNet: Talonflame#11979