As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Hands off my balls, TSA Agent (scat swapping thread)

BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
edited November 2010 in Social Entropy++
So with the recent 'upgrade' in security measures at the airport, some people are getting a little upset. Primarily due to the fact that TSA agents are now given the power to feel you up without having to buy you dinner.

You're probably telling yourself "these are trained professionals--they wouldn't mess anything up, right?"

TSA Agent leaks urine on passenger (doesn't actually pee on them)

Okay, well that was a mistake, and it's not like they're embarrassing anyone

TSA Agent forces woman to expose prosthetic breast

Shit.

Well, you can opt out and do the full body scan, right? What's the worst that could happen with that?

One Hundred Naked Citizens: One Hundred Leaked Body Scans

Hmm....

well hopefully no one needs to travel in the next few days due to any holiday or anything.

cdmAF00.png
Coran Attack!
Bedigunz on

• SwillSwill Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    this is going to turn into a fuck that police thread in less than 10 posts

Swill on
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    but Bedi, you have to get balls in the first place!

Also I don't see what the big deal is about those scanner photos. Oh no! They saved very fuzzy/grainy images of my body where you can't really make out anything meaningful! I'm so goddamn embarrassed they can see my pixels!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    thos full body scans are nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be

it's a silhouette made up of little blocks

you might as well get indignant over your own shadow

Raneados on
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    My balls exist and are plentiful, thank you very much

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    TSA employee accused of kidnap, assault
    A TSA employee remained hospitalized today after being accused of kidnapping a young female in Atlanta, then taking her to his Hogansville residence and sexually assaulting her.

JoeUser on
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Leaking bag of urine =/= pulling out of catheter.

Its still horribly wrong and bad though.

Al_wat on
  • Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There's no such thing as a quick invasion of civil liberties

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    thos full body scans are nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be

it's a silhouette made up of little blocks

you might as well get indignant over your own shadow

Hey you. I'm up here! Stop staring at my shadow when I am talking to you.

ObiFett on
  • UmaroUmaro Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Neither the scan nor the 'enhanced' pat-downs worry me. People need to stop being so freaked out by their bodies and the possibility of a stranger seeing it or touching it. There's nothing remotely sexual going on here, git over yourselves.

Umaro on
    Dogs.jpg
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    and: while people complain about everything and yeah maybe they've gone too far

you are 100% free to not fucking use the airplane

Raneados on
    edited November 2010
    'We hate obese passengers and people with personal hygiene issues:' Now 'abused' TSA staff vent their anger at patdown searches
    'Being a TSO means often being verbally abused, you let the comments roll off and check the next person,' one said.

'However, when a woman refuses the scanner then comes to me and tells me that she feels like I am molesting her, that is beyond verbal abuse.

'I asked the woman if she thought I like touching other women all day and she told me that I probably did or I wouldn’t be with the TSA.

JoeUser on
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    fuck tha airport police

Kovak on
    edited November 2010
    Umaro wrote: »
    Neither the scan nor the 'enhanced' pat-downs worry me. People need to stop being so freaked out by their bodies and the possibility of a stranger seeing it or touching it. There's nothing remotely sexual going on here, git over yourselves.

While i can appreciate your sentiment that people are too freaked out by nakedness, your argument is flawed.

Al_wat on
    edited November 2010
    I agree with you, Rane.

But what about jobs where travel is essential.

For example, I'm an auditor and a lot of my clients are out of town and I fly from week to week. Should I be forced to go through an intrusive patdown?

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited November 2010
    Bedigunz wrote: »

not it didn't, the bag leaked from being handled roughly

Raneados on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    when i get my rubdown I'm gonna thrust my junk at the agent's face

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I have to fly to New York in about a week for an audition. I'm doing some pushups right now so I will be in shape for the body scans.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1110/45531.html
    Nearly two-thirds of those surveyed in an ABC News/Washington Post poll said they supported the Transportation Security Administration’s use of full-body X-ray scans. But support for the “aggressive” pat-downs was more tepid — just under half of those polled said they were “justified.”

Conducted by phone on Sunday, the poll found 64 percent of Americans saying they approved of the use of full-body X-rays by the TSA, while 32 percent said they were opposed.

When it comes to pat-downs for those who turn down the X-rays or fail them, Americans were divided. In the poll, released late Monday, 48 percent said the procedures are“justified,” while 50 percent said the pat-downs “go too far.”

The poll surveyed a random sample of 514 adults, with a margin of error of plus or minus 5 percentage points.

NotASenator on
    edited November 2010
    I agree with you, Rane.

For example, I'm an auditor and a lot of my clients are out of town and I fly from week to week. Should I be forced to go through an intrusive patdown?

the rules are for everyone

either talk to your boss about alternate means of travel or find a job that doesn't get you groped

Raneados on
    edited November 2010
    My issue is not with the invasions of my privacy, but with the fact that the TSA is staffed by fucking monkeys that are doing little to actually make us secure. If they were actually accomplishing anything meaningful, I'd be fine. But they're fucking clowns and a goddamn disgrace.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited November 2010
    Mysst wrote: »

assault on a federal employee?

Raneados on
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    i feel like there was probably a cheaper more effective option for making planes more secure than massive amounts of poorly trained security and repurposed medical technology

Kovak on
    edited November 2010
    That's just to put into context the comment that "some people are getting a little upset."

NotASenator on
  • BerkBerk THE BUDGIE SMUGGLER Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    hope this shit doesnt happen here
    otherwise I can live with out having to fly to America ever again.

Berk on
    sig-1.jpg
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    The answer is simple: Make the TSA agents get patted down by the passengers too. Mutual humiliation!

BlueDestiny on
    edited November 2010
    Kovak wrote: »
    i feel like there was probably a cheaper more effective option for making planes more secure than massive amounts of poorly trained security and repurposed medical technology

Such as?

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    If i go there just to get my rocks off, will my future career in politics suffer?

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
    edited November 2010
    I agree with you, Rane.

Balls, fucking get them. You can proclaim you have them in plenty all you want, but that doesn't change the facts. You are not forced to submit to a patdown, so stop being so hyperbolic and man the fuck up.

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I was wondering when this thread would happen.

Muse Among Men on
    edited November 2010
    Lord Dave wrote: »

Such as?

asking politely if they have weapons on them, like we did before 9/11.

NotASenator on
    edited November 2010
    Theres a big thread in D&D.

A lot of people here have aversions towards going there though

Al_wat on
    edited November 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    I agree with you, Rane.

Balls, fucking get them. You can proclaim you have them in plenty all you want, but that doesn't change the facts. You are not forced to submit to a patdown, so stop being so hyperbolic and man the fuck up.

I agree in that I don't really give a shit if someone grabs my junk.

Then again, there are men and women who have reservations about being touched my strangers.

Shit, on Dexter a few weeks ago there was a character being patted down at the airport after being raped and abused and she almost lost it.

Obviously that's fiction, but after seeing that, I can see people being really uncomfortable.

Like I said Dru, I don't give a shit if someone wants to frisk me. I figured it would be a good topic to discuss though, as people have opinions on it.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
    edited November 2010
    Lord Dave wrote: »

Such as?

asking politely if they have weapons on them, like we did before 9/11.

I was thinking wizards.
    A wizard could figure out if I have a knife on me without having to x-ray my pee pee

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »

assault on a federal employee?

sexual assault on a federal employee

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
    edited November 2010

I was thinking about making it but never did because I didn't think people would give a shit. You mentioned someone making it in another thread and that was my motivation

My muse, if you will

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I plan on taking full advantage of this.

I will be sporting an erection everytime they pat down my junk.

Take that TSA!

MereHappenstance on
    edited November 2010
    I'm just wondering how we can tell if all these measures (removing shoes, liquid limitations, full body scans, etc.) are actually worth the cost in time and money, and how can you tell if security is improved?

JoeUser on
    edited November 2010
    Druhim wrote: »
    I agree with you, Rane.

I agree in that I don't really give a shit if someone grabs my junk.

Then again, there are men and women who have reservations about being touched my strangers.

Shit, on Dexter a few weeks ago there was a character being patted down at the airport after being raped and abused and she almost lost it.

Obviously that's fiction, but after seeing that, I can see people being really uncomfortable.

Like I said Dru, I don't give a shit if someone wants to frisk me. I figured it would be a good topic to discuss though, as people have opinions on it.

But my point is that your claim that you're forced to be frisked is a lie. Just go through the damn scanner. No need to be frisked. So yeah, you still need to find your balls.

And nice job referencing a fictional tv show. Brilliant

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited November 2010
    One argument I've seen presented is basically this:

would you be comfortable with having your 5 year old daughter put through that scanner? The images are pretty revealing you can't deny, although I guess you could argue on just how revealing they are.

If not, would you be comfortable with them being "patted down" by a TSA officer?

Al_wat on
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited November 2010

I was thinking about making it but never did because I didn't think people would give a shit. You mentioned someone making it in another thread and that was my motivation

My muse, if you will

:)

I imagine people who are transitioning between m-f or f-m would really oppose this.

Muse Among Men on