As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

yui.yahooapsis.com is really slowing the site down

AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
For about two days now it's taken maybe 30 seconds to load any pages, apparently because I'm waiting for yui.yahooapsis.com. I've disabled javascript, but it seems that disables spoiler tags too (which incidentally weren't working before when pages finally loaded). Is there any way to block yahooapsis without losing everything else? Or will it go back to normal speed some time soon?

AnteCantelope on

• Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    YUI should go back to normal speed. Anything I can offer should be slower than Yahoo's CDN.

If it doesn't get better, let me know.

Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    For what it's worth, it's slowing me down on IE and Firefox, but when I was at work today it was working fine there. I'm guessing that means something wrong with my router blocking ports? I had a look at config but it doesn't seem to be blocking anything.

EDIT: and it looks like the problem is between me and javascript, not the site.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2010
    Have you

1) Cleared both browsers caches, closed and then restarted them?

2) Power cycled your home router?

1 fixes issues if your cache is corrupted, 2 fixes things if your router is stuffed up with a memory leak and you might be slowing down overall, and it's just really obvious with Yahoo APIs. I'd get extreme slowdown on here, check speedtest.net and it'd say I was getting 300ms ping with 1.2MB down. Power cycle, 100ms ping and 20MB down.

FyreWulff on