As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Un]Official PA WH40K Gaming League! Season 3: Round Robin

• SageofTimesSageofTimes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Halos: You might want to shift some stuff around in the list. Ask Extreaminatus about DE, he has some experience playing it.

NotoriusBEN: Up for a game this week?

SageofTimes on
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This Sunday would be the best time to get a game done, Sage. If we could start between 11am and 2pm Pacific, that would be perfect. Otherwise, It'd be late night Friday when I'd get another decent block of time.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    edited December 2010
    To that, I'll say, we'll see. I've got a 1 pm western game w/ Susan. Just wanted to go through everyone, and play against them, for better (hopefully), or for worse.

SageofTimes on
  • HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    hey sharp can you play today

Huntzy on
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Skarsol's Eldar Defeated By Their Spikey Cousins!

Seize ground objective, 5 objectives, spearhead deployment.

Things went well for me and my Razorwings for the first 2 turns, but when they were out of missiles, Skarsol's Eldar hit back, eventually destroying a Razorwing, my Venom, my Trueborn squad, a Raider loaded with Wracks and all but one Acothyst from a second squad. In the end, which came down to turn 5, he couldn't contest the two objectives I held.

It was a great game against a great opponent. I look forward to a re-match come January!

Extreaminatus on
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You forgot to mention the heroic efforts of the lone Acothyst. He saved 14 wounds in turn 4 to continue claiming the objective. :(

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • susansusan Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sage, I'll be on for a bit. Shoot me a PM once you log on.

susan on
    2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion
  • ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    skarsol wrote: »
    You forgot to mention the heroic efforts of the lone Acothyst. He saved 14 wounds in turn 4 to continue claiming the objective. :(

That reminds me!

MVPs:

Skarsol:The Autarch that survived an assault, a full round of shooting from 2 S4 flamer templates, 6 disintegrator cannon shots, 6 splinter cannon shots and a dark lance.
    Extreaminatus:The lone Acothyst that made 14 saves to continue claiming an objective.

Also, Eldercat! I'm-a callin' you out, ya varmit!

Extreaminatus on
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Huntzy wrote: »

Sorry dude! I was out playing real 40k all afternoon.

I'm free every night this week after 7pm except Thursday.

Sharp101 on
    edited December 2010
    The Greater Good once again show their strength in battle! My shooting was decent enough that I could take down most of Susan's Destroyers (3 Destroyers & 2 HDs in turn 2). After blowing apart his scarab swarm, and the Deceiver's lackluster performance against my first Kroot wall (saved for two turns of CC, one of which was insane heroism!), Susan conceded. That said, Susan forgot about his Lith for two turns, and probably could have used that to take 2 objectives.

MVPs
    Sage: Black Kroot for tying the Deceiver up for 3 half turns.
    Susan: If the Lith had shown up to support warriors, it'd probably have it. The Deceiver might have been able to clean off most of my offensive units and kept things together long enough to blow up anything that could stop it.

SageofTimes on
    edited December 2010
    Sharp101 wrote: »

around 7 tommorow then?

Huntzy on
    edited December 2010
    The Greater Good once again show their strength in battle! My shooting was decent enough that I could take down most of Susan's Destroyers (3 Destroyers & 2 HDs in turn 2). After blowing apart his scarab swarm, and the Deceiver's lackluster performance against my first Kroot wall (saved for two turns of CC, one of which was insane heroism!), Susan conceded. That said, Susan forgot about his Lith for two turns, and probably could have used that to take 2 objectives.

MVPs
    Sage: Black Kroot for tying the Deceiver up for 3 half turns.
    Susan: If the Lith had shown up to support warriors, it'd probably have it. The Deceiver might have been able to clean off most of my offensive units and kept things together long enough to blow up anything that could stop it.

Dude, you do know that my Monolith can't hold objectives, right :) ? My entire left flank was disintegrated and didn't even scratch the paint on any of your suits, and that Kroot ball bogged me down ridiculously (passed a LD7 check, then an LD5 check, then an LD4 check...). You were also lined up to decimate my Warrior squads on the next turn; there was simply no way I could avoid the phase out.

Also, while I always appreciate constructive criticism on my play tactics, multiple e-mails after a match deconstructing my performance... really isn't necessary :P .

Who's up for a match sometime this week? C'mon people, I'm Necrons, I'm a pushover, someone challenge me!!!

susan on
    edited December 2010
    I'll throw down if you like Susan. :)

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited December 2010

around 7 tommorow then?

Yeah, that should work.

Sharp101 on
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Eldercat! I'm-a callin' you out, ya varmit!

Mmmk. I don't know if anytime Monday is good for me, but maybe Tuesday night at 9?

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited December 2010
    I'll throw down if you like Susan. :)

Yay, Eldar! Honestly not sure I've ever played against them before, should be exciting :) .

What are your good days/times this week?

susan on
    edited December 2010
    ElderCat wrote: »
    Eldercat! I'm-a callin' you out, ya varmit!

Mmmk. I don't know if anytime Monday is good for me, but maybe Tuesday night at 9?

We'll shoot for that, sure. Looking forward to it!

Extreaminatus on
    edited December 2010
    susan wrote: »
    Yay, Eldar! Honestly not sure I've ever played against them before, should be exciting :) .

I know I've never played Necrons. :P No go tonight, other than that, rest of the weeknights are free barring random plans. As always, gmail me if I'm not on as I don't always idle in Vassal.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Alright, I need to challenge someone for this week sometime. SageofTimes, Lawinator, either of you got time this week?

Simpsonia on
    edited December 2010
    Maybe. Pick a day or time. Tonight after 5 or 6 western (8 or 9 eastern) I'll be free.

SageofTimes on
  • SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hmm, ok since you're in a later time zone that may complicate things. Tomorrow I'll lock down my schedule to find days I'm working from home so I'll probably update. I think tomorrow evening around that time may work, but that's just tentative right now.

Simpsonia on
  • TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have no idea how available I will be to play in the next week and a half, because of finals. Hiatus!

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
    edited December 2010
    Huntzy and I played most of a game lastnight. We ended up having to call it a tie as we both had other things to do.

Sharp101 on
    edited December 2010
    susan wrote: »

I know I've never played Necrons. :P No go tonight, other than that, rest of the weeknights are free barring random plans. As always, gmail me if I'm not on as I don't always idle in Vassal.

You free sometime tonight?

susan on
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, all signs point to me being around all night.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited December 2010
    Huntzy and I played most of a game last night. We ended up having to call it a tie as we both had other things to do.

Are you going to try to finish or are you calling it a draw?

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited December 2010
    ElderCat wrote: »
    Huntzy and I played most of a game last night. We ended up having to call it a tie as we both had other things to do.

Are you going to try to finish or are you calling it a draw?
    I was there at the end, they called it a draw (Huntzy had his birthday to do go, cake to eat, gf to have fun with).

SageofTimes on
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, we called it a draw.

(and it was my bday, cake and gf that were waiting :P)

Sharp101 on
  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    in a rare turn of events, I got tomorrow off.

I am in need of a challenge. the closer to noon (PST) or earlier the better.

NotoriusBEN on
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
    edited December 2010
    Susan's Necrons vs Skarsol's Eldar = Necrons Win!

Annihilation, Spearhead. The Necrons had a good first couple rounds and managed to wipe out a unit of Swooping Hawks and decimate a unit of Warp Spiders; after that, it was a conservative match of maneuvering where both sides tried to keep their squishier models safe from harm while slowly racking up the kill points. In the end, the Deceiver managed to chase the Spiders into a corner to get sniped to death by Destroyers.

Good game, lotsa smart tactical movement to take advantage of cover and natural terrain, with a couple more cover saves Skar might have had a much better time.

Eldar MVPs: Striking Scorpions for handily taking down my buffer unit of Scabs while suffering not a single wound, and my Monolith for scattering over the Deceiver and frying it a bit.

Necron MVPs: Destroyers for flaying the Hawks in a single turn, Monolith for splatting 5 Spiders in a round, Deceiver for keeping a counter assault at bay.

susan on
    edited December 2010
    Sorry extream, I forgot I was taking care of the kids alone tonight, when can we try again?

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Alright; my work is done for now and as I joined and haven't done anything yet I guess it's time to issue a challenge. So RNG go:

Huntzy; I'm issuing you a challenge, if you're still here répondez s'il vous plaît.

Halos Nach Tariff on
    edited December 2010
    I should probably issue a challenge now; let's see...

I like armies with less than 3+ armor saves, so Halos/Notorious/Extream: Who's free tomorrow eve?

susan on
  • Halos Nach TariffHalos Nach Tariff Can you blame me? I'm too famous.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You're at 8 hours behind me right? I could be free tomorrow, depends when my lectures get done. What sort of 'evening' time are we looking at?

Halos Nach Tariff on
    edited December 2010
    I'd be off work and ready to fight around 4pm PST, so about Midnight your time I believe. Seems a bit late... What's your schedule like this weekend? I'd love to get a fight in, to show you how we Colonials handled ourselves at Saratoga.

susan on
    edited December 2010
    It is my birthday this weekend, so my schedule is pretty tight...

However it's also the last week of semester so it's not like I can't stay up late to play.

Halos Nach Tariff on
    edited December 2010
    I'll try to sneak out early and log on as soon as I can; lookin' forward to it :) .

susan on
    edited December 2010
    sup halos im still here

Huntzy on
    edited December 2010
    Halos, I'm on VASSAL if you want to get the match in. Or, if Huntzy has first dibs, I'd be glad to take on anyone I ain't played yet.

susan on
    edited December 2010
    Sorry Susan, I forgot to check the forums. I'm on now if you're still available.

Huntzy; what time zone are you in? We can maybe get a game in next week?

Halos Nach Tariff on