Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Show me your pets

1464749515263

Posts

  • Lost SalientLost Salient Z is for Zillah who drank too much ginRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I'm minding my business and suddenly I hear my dog whimpering downstairs.

    I leave my room and I see him sitting in the entryway right behind my father's briefcase like he's going to go to work.

    dsc07939y.jpg

    Now he knows he's not allowed to touch the briefcase so I tell him to leave it, but he just sits there.

    Because, it turns out, he'd gotten his head stuck in the handle.

    dsc07942n.jpg

    My dog the genius.

    QuW2glN.jpg"Sandra's favourite movie is escape from new York because she cries when magpie and brain die because they will never be together." i read books sometimes
  • HunteraHuntera Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rayze wrote: »
    Cats win

    IMG_0545.JPG

    Kittykittykitty001.jpg

    dTbnyv9.jpg?1
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I saw the cutest puppy out for a walk tonight. It was tiny, and when it was time to step off the curb it made the biggest jump it could possibly do. Jumped forward like one foot.

    My heart melted

    juggcat.jpg
  • HoukHouk Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like dogs better when they belong to other people

    I like cats better when they belong to me

    The Truth About Cats and Dogs

    nipplessig.jpg
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cats just kinda weird me out. Like, sometimes I see cat clothes at the store when I'm going to get my dog more food. But I have NEVER met a cat that was willing to put up with that shit.

    And sometimes they act like they want you to give them attention and what they really want is for you to come close enough to bite your hand.

    My dog is way more straightforward. If he wants attention he'll come over and get it. Like a rapist. But with ear-scratches

    juggcat.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't see why cats biting is weird, considering dogs do it, for the same reasons.

    It's just how they play sometimes.

    aik7511.jpg
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If my dog ever bit me I'd discipline him. It is harder to do that with a cat.

    juggcat.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Get a water pistol.

    Use it when the cat misbehaves.

    aik7511.jpg
  • HoukHouk Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fiz wrote: »
    Cats just kinda weird me out. Like, sometimes I see cat clothes at the store when I'm going to get my dog more food. But I have NEVER met a cat that was willing to put up with that shit.

    And sometimes they act like they want you to give them attention and what they really want is for you to come close enough to bite your hand.

    My dog is way more straightforward. If he wants attention he'll come over and get it. Like a rapist. But with ear-scratches
    I think the fact that cats don't put up with faggy costumes is a point in their favor

    nipplessig.jpg
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Houk wrote: »
    Fiz wrote: »
    Cats just kinda weird me out. Like, sometimes I see cat clothes at the store when I'm going to get my dog more food. But I have NEVER met a cat that was willing to put up with that shit.

    And sometimes they act like they want you to give them attention and what they really want is for you to come close enough to bite your hand.

    My dog is way more straightforward. If he wants attention he'll come over and get it. Like a rapist. But with ear-scratches
    I think the fact that cats don't put up with faggy costumes is a point in their favor

    The first year I had my new dog we tried to get him one of those little sets of reindeer horns. He instantly swatted them off and ripped them to pieces.

    We tried to get him a coat once but he is a really big dog and after a certain size you'd have to special order them I guess. Only small dogs get to be degraded

    juggcat.jpg
  • HoukHouk Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fiz wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »
    Fiz wrote: »
    Cats just kinda weird me out. Like, sometimes I see cat clothes at the store when I'm going to get my dog more food. But I have NEVER met a cat that was willing to put up with that shit.

    And sometimes they act like they want you to give them attention and what they really want is for you to come close enough to bite your hand.

    My dog is way more straightforward. If he wants attention he'll come over and get it. Like a rapist. But with ear-scratches
    I think the fact that cats don't put up with faggy costumes is a point in their favor

    The first year I had my new dog we tried to get him one of those little sets of reindeer horns. He instantly swatted them off and ripped them to pieces.

    We tried to get him a coat once but he is a really big dog and after a certain size you'd have to special order them I guess. Only small dogs get to be degraded
    I imagine being a small dog is already embarrassing enough, they probably don't care after a certain point

    Big dogs are awesome, always

    nipplessig.jpg
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Houk wrote: »
    Fiz wrote: »
    Houk wrote: »
    Fiz wrote: »
    Cats just kinda weird me out. Like, sometimes I see cat clothes at the store when I'm going to get my dog more food. But I have NEVER met a cat that was willing to put up with that shit.

    And sometimes they act like they want you to give them attention and what they really want is for you to come close enough to bite your hand.

    My dog is way more straightforward. If he wants attention he'll come over and get it. Like a rapist. But with ear-scratches
    I think the fact that cats don't put up with faggy costumes is a point in their favor

    The first year I had my new dog we tried to get him one of those little sets of reindeer horns. He instantly swatted them off and ripped them to pieces.

    We tried to get him a coat once but he is a really big dog and after a certain size you'd have to special order them I guess. Only small dogs get to be degraded
    I imagine being a small dog is already embarrassing enough, they probably don't care after a certain point

    Big dogs are awesome, always

    Deal with it

    ul7ov.jpg

    juggcat.jpg
  • HoukHouk Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fiz your dog is never not ready for racquetball

    nipplessig.jpg
  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    He was leaning down by the pool today and testing the water with his nose. He wants to go swimming again so badly.

    juggcat.jpg
  • HoukHouk Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh hey I hear you're gonna be up here next week Thursday?

    We're gonna try to do a game night, you better bring your GAME FACE with you

    nipplessig.jpg
  • DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is my cat
    34o4jyt.jpg

    Discuss

    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That is a glowing basket of fur not a cat

    what do you take us for

    UA1OmVB.png
  • GatsbyGatsby You come at the Nidoking You best not missRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    last year during the World Cup we got our dog to support Australia

    tumblr_l3p03thMng1qaj5o0o1_500.jpg

    nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
  • DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh my god.

    Like, I love my dog, and think it is the cutest dog ever.

    But man, I think I need one of those.

    Still love cats more though.

    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • GatsbyGatsby You come at the Nidoking You best not missRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    DoomSong8 wrote: »
    This is my cat
    34o4jyt.jpg

    Discuss
    Spoiler:

    nidosig_zps0735f1a4.png
    Steam ID
    Friend Code: 2766 - 9202 - 0140
  • DoomSong8DoomSong8 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, you're my new favorite

    578991-5FHNJ36.jpg
    XBL:Gravity MD PSN:Gravity1204 Steam:Gravity1204
  • skettiosskettios Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gatsby wrote: »
    last year during the World Cup we got our dog to support Australia

    tumblr_l3p03thMng1qaj5o0o1_500.jpg

    <3

  • FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Houk wrote: »
    Oh hey I hear you're gonna be up here next week Thursday?

    We're gonna try to do a game night, you better bring your GAME FACE with you

    Sounds like fun. I'll be at Disney on Wednesday, but I expect to leave early in the day. The park'll be empty that day so I'll get tired quicker

    juggcat.jpg
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited February 2011
    My parents are taking care of Joxer while I'm traveling.

    They went to the Oregon coast after they picked him up.

    I think he liked it.

    184633_1721931283037_1080962123_1910901_3642555_n.jpg

    zappsigsm.jpg
    Amazon wish list | Please check out my wife's blog and jewelry store.
  • TamTam I hate art I love artRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Joker the Mighty?

  • skettiosskettios Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Joxer is having a ball!

    We almost lost our corgi when we brought her to a beach
    She met a seagull.
    And chased it.
    And chased it.
    And chased it.
    Finally got distracted by a feather and we were able to catch up to her.

    We upped her training a bit before we let her offleash again

  • RedZeroRedZero Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Finally started getting some pictures of my roommates dog. Took him to Difficult Run near Great Falls, he really seemed to enjoy it but we think he pulled something in his leg as he is limping slightly today.

    5465824144_206f8a2871.jpg

    5465227411_5c25757d3a.jpg

  • KeithKeith Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    that dog looks amazing

    2mzmv83.jpg
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

    We had a lake trip this weekend.

  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle sometimes a boy just needs to get out of the house and meet some girls Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am so mad that I can only have 2 cats at my current lease. I want all the cats. Damn me.

    647_2_f.jpg

    adlkajfdal, he is sooooooooooooooo cuddly.

    I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    More than one cat = smell issues.

  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I want to get cats so badly. Unfortunately the initial cost is a lot, since we'd want to get two so they have someone to play with when we're out.

    We have to pay adoption fees, a one-time charge from our apartment for pets, and buy all sorts of cat things... Still, someday we'll get kitties.

  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle sometimes a boy just needs to get out of the house and meet some girls Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    GRMike wrote: »
    More than one cat = smell issues.

    Nah, not if you take good care of them, feed them good food and clean the litter boxes once per day.

    Still, more than 2-3 would probably be an issue in an apartment. But with 2, no smell at all.

    I go above and beyond the average cat owner though I think. I've been in some peoples places with just one cat and I'm like, why does it smell so awful...?

    I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.
  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle sometimes a boy just needs to get out of the house and meet some girls Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I want to get cats so badly. Unfortunately the initial cost is a lot, since we'd want to get two so they have someone to play with when we're out.

    We have to pay adoption fees, a one-time charge from our apartment for pets, and buy all sorts of cat things... Still, someday we'll get kitties.

    Yeah, and initial vet visits. It's at least $500 total per cat you should budget for initially though it prob wouldn't be that much. When I just got my 2nd one, I had to take him back to the vet for an illness he'd gotten at the shelter and deworming. Cost around $300 all told between vet + shots + adoption.

    I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.
  • GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Then you are the exception.

  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I want to get cats so badly. Unfortunately the initial cost is a lot, since we'd want to get two so they have someone to play with when we're out.

    We have to pay adoption fees, a one-time charge from our apartment for pets, and buy all sorts of cat things... Still, someday we'll get kitties.

    Yeah, and initial vet visits. It's at least $500 total per cat you should budget for initially though it prob wouldn't be that much. When I just got my 2nd one, I had to take him back to the vet for an illness he'd gotten at the shelter and deworming. Cost around $300 all told between vet + shots + adoption.

    The cats we've seen for adoption already have their shots/spaying/neutering/etc done. But it'd probably be good to just take 'em in for a checkup.

  • OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle sometimes a boy just needs to get out of the house and meet some girls Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I try. Unfortunately, my kooky aunt knows that I now love cats so she babbles at me about them. I'm like, you are bad at taking care of them, but I just nod and smile.

    I grew up foster sitting and rehabilitating abused dogs with my parents, and I just deal with the fact that she is quite literally a crazed cat lady who has no idea how to take care of anything.

    You know you can train cats to use the toilet? I haven't, but I've seen it done. It's not really that hard.

    I'm a published writer and have a very unique and interesting writing style. I'm also sharp and witty. My profile is well-written and hilarious. My messages are likewise brilliant. And I've been doing this stuff for...four or five years. I know what "works" in terms of good internet dating writing. "Works" in the sense of leading to a "date" with a human female.
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy House Watching YouRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    izzy2011.jpg

    This is Izzy. She's a former trailer park stray and an utter brat, but I love her.

    izzy4.jpg

    izzy6.jpg

    She needs so much brushing this time of year. It would be easier if she didn't try to eat the brush.

    ruby-red-sig.jpg
    So, my sister has this webcomic...
  • WrenWren Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    aww reminds me of my old cat. he was black and white and part maine coon and sooo adorable. I miss him so

    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
This discussion has been closed.