Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Starcraft 2: New Thread

1555657585961»

Posts

  • EddyEddy pale Gengars I loved beside Cerulean CaveRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Trus wrote: »
    Spoiler:

    Man terran are whiny as fuck

    and arguing against IdrA must be frustrating as all hell in general

  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Eddy wrote: »
    Man terran are whiny as fuck


    oh you reminded me



    back to old sig time

    51955327.jpg
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Aspiring Game Designer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So the question is, do I start a new thread now or wait until I wake up tomorrow morning at 8am? GOM starts in an hour and I have no doubts that 3clipse and SkutSkut are lurking about....

    ....hmmmmm.....choices...... :D

    http://www.gamesbygray.com (my website and resume)
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    XBL Gamertag: MNC Dover
    Starcraft II: MNCDover.235
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Hero Academy: MNC_Dover
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    aw yeaaaah



    GOD I'M SO FUCKIN TIRED

    OF MY SIG

    BEST AT EVERYTHING ALWAYS


    i'm about to make the next thread



    also GSL will push above 99 and if you don't think it will you're dumb as a goat

    51955327.jpg
  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm gonna be up all night working MNC.











    Working, and waiting.

    C2hmw6F.png
  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Also GOM starts in 4 and a half hours not one hour :P

    C2hmw6F.png
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    3clipse wrote: »
    Because IdrA and Artosis are just arguing by saying "No you're wrong you haven't done it you can't possibly be right your arguments suck." And then saying that his arguments are invalid because he's not in Korea.

    Basically IdrA is arguing like a douche and Artosis is backing him up.

    It's frustrating to argue against that.

    You're mis-characterizing what IdrA and Artosis have said.

    That aside, Geoff didn't even try to understand their argument. Instead he just started shouting and swearing when they brought up relevant recent matches.

  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    He's not wrong though. His point was right.

    The swearing only started when IdrA and Artosis did the equivalent of *hands over ears* LALALALA YOU'RE WRONG I CAN'T HEAR YOU

    C2hmw6F.png
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nope.

    "If you want some evidence of what we're saying, look at the GuineaPig games. You need infestors to counter his build or mutas are totally non-viable. It happened in the GSL."

    In direct response to which Geoff lost his cool.

  • EddyEddy pale Gengars I loved beside Cerulean CaveRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Eddy wrote: »
    Man terran are whiny as fuck


    oh you reminded me



    back to old sig time

    they're the best at whining too

  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    And now they're complaining about Salvage.

    This is why they need a good, regular Terran. Bunker Salvage happens because a Bunker can be completely useless, whereas other defensive structures at least deal damage.

    C2hmw6F.png
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    they're all retards

    the point is we won't know until after the fact and then one side will be like "see I was right l o l"


    I'm just going to enjoy them arguing cause its funny as hell

    51955327.jpg
  • MuridenMuriden Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    s_86 wrote: »
    Penny Arcade League 2 | Saturday Dec.11.10 8:00pm EST

    Sign Up Page | Website
    Please sign up with the naming format: Name.IdentifierRace (Simon.505P)
    Any extra sign ups will be listed as reserves. If you are not sure you will be able to make it and want to sign up as a reserve, please send me a PM

    Maps:
    set 1 - Scrap Station
    set 2 - Blistering Sands
    set 3 - Delta Quadrant

    *Maps were picked randomly from 1v1 map pool

    Format:
    16 players
    Single elimination. Players are seeded randomly
    Every match is a best of 3
    *North American Server

    Wow. Just speaking from personal taste, randomly pick the maps I hate the most.

    MrGulio.332 - Lover of fine Cheeses. Replays
    301787-1.png
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think bunker salvage is balanced and understandable, since each race's static defense has some kind of advantage.

    But it feels a bit too strong that it can be salvaged in a few seconds with 10 lings trying to focus it down.

    I wish that the salvage time was like 5 seconds longer so that you can't be totally reckless and get all your money back any ways, but eh, not a big deal.

  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    IdrA saying Zerg can't safely 14 hatch ever...but he always 14 hatches...

    o_O

    C2hmw6F.png
  • Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    kedinik wrote: »
    I think bunker salvage is balanced and understandable, since each race's static defense has some kind of advantage.

    But it feels a bit too strong that it can be salvaged in a few seconds with 10 lings trying to focus it down.

    I wish that the salvage time was like 5 seconds longer so that you can't be totally reckless and get all your money back any ways, but eh, not a big deal.

    I can totally get behind that change. It should be something for, say, getting back the money for the Bunker at your Main ramp when you're on 3 bases, not getting free money when your rush fails.

    C2hmw6F.png
  • 3clipse3clipse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    no he doesn't

    He has in the games I've seen of him. Didn't he lose in GSL because he 14hatched?

    C2hmw6F.png
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    s_86 wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    So the question is, do I start a new thread now or wait until I wake up tomorrow morning at 8am? GOM starts in an hour and I have no doubts that 3clipse and SkutSkut are lurking about....

    ....hmmmmm.....choices...... :D

    Follow your heart...

    And put the stuff about Penny Arcade League i posted a few posts back in the op please!!

    Simonnnnn play some games.

  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    He doesn't always 14 hatch, but he claims that if a zerg doesn't 14 hatch (against T) you're going to lose for sure 15 minutes into the game rather than having a high probability of losing it in 5 minutes.

  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Aspiring Game Designer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    s_86 wrote: »
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    So the question is, do I start a new thread now or wait until I wake up tomorrow morning at 8am? GOM starts in an hour and I have no doubts that 3clipse and SkutSkut are lurking about....

    ....hmmmmm.....choices...... :D

    Follow your heart...

    And put the stuff about Penny Arcade League i posted a few posts back in the op please!!

    You're right....heart followed.

    NEW THREAD HERE!

    http://www.gamesbygray.com (my website and resume)
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    XBL Gamertag: MNC Dover
    Starcraft II: MNCDover.235
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Hero Academy: MNC_Dover
  • WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I wouldn't listen to IdrA. He's basically retarded.

    HAHAYES.jpg
  • AldarezAldarez Registered User
    edited December 2010
    Wow, I just got raged at big-time. Apparently 3rax with a timing push is a cheese build. Am I wrong in disagreeing?

    repimg-33-171757.jpg

    Chat from after the game (Yeah I was being a bit of a dick, but he sorta asked for it...):
    Spoiler:

    2188939-1.png
  • StreltsyStreltsy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Idra is basically way better than anyone else in the podcast and actually knows to how to argue instead of getting all emotional and butthurt.

    InControl's a funny dude, but I hate him sometimes. He's the type of guy you couldn't actually have a debate with without it getting into a shouting match.

    410239-1.png
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I will say that IdrA was even more abrasive early in the discussion.

    "Your experiences don't matter at all because your opponents suck." was pretty O_o, even for him.

  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    He doesn't always 14 hatch, but he claims that if a zerg doesn't 14 hatch (against T) you're going to lose for sure 15 minutes into the game rather than having a high probability of losing it in 5 minutes.

    honestly I think he's right

    BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Lordaen wrote: »
    I thought that Mutas worked fairly well against Voids. Is that not the case?

    My experience in Phantom says that if you have 250 pop of mutas vs 200 pop of void rays, you're going to have 100 pop of void rays left to worry about once they're done killing your mutas

    XBLIVE: Biggestoverride
    League of Legends: override367
  • VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    is that just a moved into each other? out of curiosity. I also don't know what cost is.

    BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
  • StreltsyStreltsy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    kedinik wrote: »
    I will say that IdrA was even more abrasive early in the discussion.

    "Your experiences don't matter at all because your opponents suck." was pretty O_o, even for him.

    I guess, I just thought it was more like "You haven't experienced this build so much yet, because it came out like a week ago and Koreans copy like mad and there aren't a lot of good Zs on NA". As for that last part, what good Zs are there besides like, Machine?
    That's only partially rhetorical, as I haven't really been watching much other than some of the GSLs since summer ended.

    Dunno, probably not the best route to go in an argument but I meant Geoff in general from this podcast and others, just gets all butthurt and mad when he doesn't get the respect he automatically thinks he deserves.

    Hard to explain if you haven't actually met a person like this. Basically, people arguing from emotion are almost always worse than those arguing from logic.

    410239-1.png
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    is that just a moved into each other? out of curiosity. I also don't know what cost is.

    All attempts to micro apparently make things worse

    Since they upped the VR initial damage they are significantly better as a swarm against lighter units

    Mass corrupters seem capable of beating them, but zerg really could use some kind of AOE unit, really any kind.

    Here's my thought: Baneling catapult

    XBLIVE: Biggestoverride
    League of Legends: override367
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    is that just a moved into each other? out of curiosity. I also don't know what cost is.

    All attempts to micro apparently make things worse

    Since they upped the VR initial damage they are significantly better as a swarm against lighter units

    Mass corrupters seem capable of beating them, but zerg really could use some kind of AOE unit, really any kind.

    Here's my thought: Baneling catapult

    I did a few tests a while a ago. When corruptors and voids are even (in food), the voids win by a little, but when your corruptors even slightly out number the voids (by food) the voids get crushed.

    So if they're attacking with voids, make sure you do a quick food count before going in. If you have anything more than equal food, go for it, anything less than an advantage, wait it out.

    the-place-beyond-the-pines-03_thumb_zps3d4e0ec7.jpg
    360: Sir Stiggleton PSN: Stiggy_PA GFWL: RacerStig Steam: TheStig
  • override367override367 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ideally you would hit them with corruptors and hydralisks, unless I'm mistaken. Too many hydras means you cant get em all in position but a 50/50 split works well

    This is only for team games, in 1v1 there should be no way voids can beat hydras or even mutas in any realistic scenario

    XBLIVE: Biggestoverride
    League of Legends: override367
Sign In or Register to comment.