The holiday hangout will go online tomorrow! If there's anything in the regular subforums that you're going to want to access over the holidays, copy it now while it's still accessible.
Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Sata 6.0 and Windows 7 not playing nice.

Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Death GroupieRegistered User regular
I've finally put my machine together, but I had a slight problem installing Windows 7. It kept giving me an error that it couldn't install to my 128gb SSD drive. I swapped the drive to a 3.0 sata spot with a 3.0 cable and the install went through, so I figured the installer just didn't know how to handle Sata 6.0.

However, after installing drivers, I'm still having problems. Windows either locks up on boot or blue screens ot whenever I try to load it from sata 6.0. (I'm also positive I'm using the right cables each time)

I'm pretty sure I have all the drivers installed, so I'm not sure what's going on, and my issue seems to be fairly unique as I can't find anything on about it on the intertrons.

Loading the repair wizard seems to work. I'll keep you posted on how that turns out.

EDIT: Here's my parts
Windows 7 Home Edition
Asus P7P55D-E Pro motherboard
Crucial 128 SSD
EDIT: Motherfucker. Bios update fixed it. Onward to awesome computerage!

steam_sig.png