As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me find tiny hats

143999143999 Tellin' yanot askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
edited November 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
No, not these. Or these.

I'm looking for tiny hats, Christmas-themed (as in Santa hats, top hats [matching jaunty scarves and canes of equal size are a plus], or even angel halos, etc) for the purpose of festivizing certain geekish items for inclusion in this our holiday season.

We're talking tiny here. Ti. Ny. Think the size that would fit on a legends class Transformers figure or, say, your average 40k space marine model without looking too far off scale.

Local hobby shops have been less than forthcoming so far. I know somebody has to make something like this, but I'll be damned if I can come up with the right keywords to find them with.

8aVThp6.png
143999 on

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Have you tried carving and painting your own little hats and such with greenstuff from Games Workshop? Should be simple.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Considered it, but A) I have zero experience with anything modeling/sculpting/etc, and B) any time I have tried my hand at some kind of visual media, it ends up either breaking or looking like complete ass. Figured it would be best to try to find premade solutions that I could just glue in place.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited November 2010
    a good place to start might be to see if re-ment (http://www.nrfbqueen.com/rement/fullinventory.htm or their actual site http://www.re-ment.co.jp/ ever made a christmas set, but I think these things are collectible, so it might be difficult if they arent currently selling them.

Perhaps look for train sets with christmas themes and see if they have some santas you could scavenge. You will probably do better looking for "miniature Christmas" than "tiny hats"

Iruka on
  • Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Check your local arts and crafts stores. They should have a bunch of supplies for make it yourself Christmas ornaments. They should have tiny hats or tiny figures with hats which you can pry off.

Also I remember making tiny santa hats once as a child using a red hollow felt ribbon, like a tubeish thing. I would cut it into 2 inch or so pieces. Roll up the bottom to make a brim and tie a string around the top to make them hat shaped.

Siska on
  • Options
    143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2010
    Siska wrote: »
    Check your local arts and crafts stores. They should have a bunch of supplies for make it yourself Christmas ornaments. They should have tiny hats or tiny figures with hats which you can pry off.

That's where I've been looking/what I've been looking for, but for reason the luminaries at my local arts and crafts stores didn't bother to get anything like this.
    Also I remember making tiny santa hats once as a child using a red hollow felt ribbon, like a tubeish thing. I would cut it into 2 inch or so pieces. Roll up the bottom to make a brim and tie a string around the top to make them hat shaped.

Hmmmm. Will have to look into that.

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Options
    SiskaSiska Shorty Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    There are probably tons of ways you can make red hats using red fabric, glue, red paper and/or strings. Just red little rolled up cone made from either fabric or paper and held together with glue being the most basic. As far as fabric goes look for felt, since that doesn't unravel when cut into pieces.

*Edit* Also, check the Christmas tree decorations at wallmart or some other large department store. They have a crapload of that stuff for sure. May be something you can turn into a usable hat there.

Siska on