As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Glossolalia - in our dreams, we are the eldritch horrors

• Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Shabooty wrote: »
    god dammit Baba Yetu is too good a song

Yes, Yes it is.

Dux on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    [Oshun]

Kssan dashes through the ruins, taking a flying leap at the fish that bit Quorthon. [22/60] He wraps his tentacles around the creature's neck, strangling it as he injects his poison, causing it to let out a high-pitched shriek. [Fish A receives +30% Stress! Fish A has gained PSN!]

As he struggles with his target, the other fish close in on Kssan. one dives for its tail [76/45] but misses, and unable to stop its momentum, falls into the pit. Quorthon shoots his hands out to grab the little bastard by the neck, [96/60] but isn't quick enough. The creature skitters off into the dark, but its hissing makes it clear that it's still nearby.

I am so sorry Shock.

Depressperado what do you mean by "top of the vault"

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Calling it now: Quorthon is gonna end up as the butt monkey for Derelict.

Anyways, posts, posts, let me see.

Dux on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I really like that the ancient ruins are just a parking garage, I never would have thought about it like that

also, re: Garret and Galk: Accidental Pirates!

whoopsie!

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There is still 20 special sitting around for the first person to design me a good Nation flag!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I was just using different words that mean

"Big room"

because I didn't want to say chamber a bunch of times.

Reg is heading up towards where all the ruckus is coming from

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    oh okay

I thought that's what you meant but wasn't sure

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Shock GShock G Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    son of a bitch

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Whenever Kssan battles another animal I will be using Pokemon Notation

because I can

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [Quorthon Crow-Eye][Oshun]Stress 27% Special 0%
    Traits: [Animal Handling 15% (A)] [Honorable 15% (C)] [Sand Viking 30% (A)] [Machinist's Son 30% (A)] [Barbarous 10% (D)]

Crow-Eye climbs out of the damn hole.

Shock G on
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    can you remind me what you wanted the flag to look like

suggest overall themes

T4CT on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    gonna give K and Cheese a chance to act before going on

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    just use this

FederationFlag.jpg

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    can I at least see if Quorthon makes it out of the hole without cracking his head open?

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I wish I had a scarf that had a little mouth hole in it like half-way up, so I could smoke cigarettes while wearing it over my face to keep out THE BITTER FROST

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    T4CT wrote: »
    can you remind me what you wanted the flag to look like

suggest overall themes

The Nation is a jingoistic republic with a government roughly similar to the United States' (Toasters had snazzy names for the three branches of government but I don't remember them and they're not on the world-building page!) It considers itself to be the only legitimate government, and as such, believes the whole world to be in its territory, even the uncharted northern hemisphere. blue and white are the colors of its navy, and the idea is that the Naval flag is the National one in blue and white. It's very militaristic. Toasters had suggested green and sandy brown for colors, which I like, but any colors are fine other than black and gold, the colors of the Lockjaw Union. I don't have a particular national symbol in mind, other than that crows, keys, and locks are all off-limits, again because of their ties to the Lockjaw. The flag should probably be something simplistic. My original idea was a ship's wheel, but I don't like that much.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Shock G wrote: »
    can I at least see if Quorthon makes it out of the hole without cracking his head open?

The ceiling is about 15 feet above you, but the rubble from the collapsed floor puts it just within your reach. [19/80] With a leap, you grasp on to the edge of the hole and pull yourself up.

Your two other fishy friends are poised for an attack.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    DontShootToastersDontShootToasters the prettiest bulb at the ballRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think the government I came up with was The Office, The Court, and The Navy

I'll probably think up some more on that later, gotta go for now!

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [Quorthon Crow-Eye][Oshun]Stress 27% Special 27%
    Traits: [Animal Handling 15% (A)] [Honorable 15% (C)] [Sand Viking 30% (A)] [Machinist's Son 30% (A)] [Barbarous 10% (D)]

The Viking makes a lunge for whoever is closest, his massive hands closing around the scaly bastard in an iron grip.

Shock G on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    what kind of view do we have of these people

are they good misguided government or bad neonazi government

T4CT on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    the way I've been seeing it is that the Nation basically means well but they're kind of clumsy and inefficient at times and also overbearing and kind of think that everyone wants to be under their umbrella

which is very similar to the new california republic now that I think about it

I think playing all that new vegas around the time speed racer came up with this setting has irrevocably tainted my perception of it

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010

no one's said yet!

I was leaning more towards misguided, but if you wanna write up something else feel free!

DontShootToasters on
    digichuckarm2.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ok

i think i have my flag idea

communism or capitalism

T4CT on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

it would depend on who you ask

The Lockjaw consider them to be oppressive tyrants

but the Lockjaw aren't exactly nice guys themselves

the biggest problem is that they lack the infrastructure to support the sort of empire they claim to have

there military influence can be felt pretty much everywhere

but the further north you get, the less you see other government services

The National continent proper is a wealthy and prosperous area, and most of the surrounding islands are as well

I mentioned it before, but Firefly is a decent analogy. Or even the American old west, if the individualism and lawlessness had grown so intense that a second civil war broke out.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ok

i think i have my flag idea

communism or capitalism

capitalism

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I believe my character was with Galk and Garret ahead of the others, at the door propped open by a body? I can't remember characters' names. :?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I believe my character was with Galk and Garret ahead of the others, at the door propped open by a body? I can't remember characters' names. :?

[Mako] [Doon] Stress 0% Special 0% Progress 0%
    [Ridiculous Endurance 25% (B)] [Strong and Silent 15% (C)] [Shattering Fist Master 35% (A)] [Wasteland Wanderer 15% (A)] [Stubborn Mule 10% (D)]

Mako mutters a muffled curse under the head wrapping, and goes over to the cabin boy's body to try to perform first aid if there's any life signs.

refresher!

Galk and Garret took the elevator to Deck 2, to make sure the ship wasn't being hijacked

everyone else headed down the stairs to Deck 6, where the ruckus is currently going down.

You may have said you're going with the former group and I just forgot though!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    almost done flag take one

T4CT on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [Dr. Jackson Connagher][Doon] Special 0% Stress 0%
    Traits: [Tinker (A) 30%][Friendly (C) 10%][Doctor (A) 35%][Pirate (A) 15%][Self-loathing (D) 10%]
    Equipment:[Doctor's Bag][Revolver]

"I don't mean to impose, but we should probably move on before whoever's down there succeeds at whatever they're doing."

Dux on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

[strike][Mako] [Doon] Stress 0% Special 0% Progress 0%
    [Ridiculous Endurance 25% (B)] [Strong and Silent 15% (C)] [Shattering Fist Master 35% (A)] [Wasteland Wanderer 15% (A)] [Stubborn Mule 10% (D)]

Mako mutters a muffled curse under the head wrapping, and goes over to the cabin boy's body to try to perform first aid if there's any life signs.[/strike]

refresher!

Galk and Garret took the elevator to Deck 2, to make sure the ship wasn't being hijacked

everyone else headed down the stairs to Deck 6, where the ruckus is currently going down.

You may have said you're going with the former group and I just forgot though!

Oh ok, I can't remember either so let's just say I'm with the main group and forget that action.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »
    Goddamnit, Kro.

You wanna tell him to make a thread about it? I've tried before.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    e: nevermind i want to fix the lines first

T4CT on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    heehee

sextant

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dubh wrote: »
    Goddamnit, Kro.

Didn't he actually make a thread about it, and it floundered, or did I hallucinate that?

Dux on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    derelictflag2.png

T4CT on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Dux wrote: »
    Goddamnit, Kro.

Didn't he actually make a thread about it, and it floundered, or did I hallucinate that?

If he did, then it floundered incredibly fast, since I rarely venture past the first page.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    derelictflag2.png

oh man

this is good stuff

you get to start with 20 special!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    yay i feel unique

T4CT on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Dux wrote: »
    Goddamnit, Kro.

If he did, then it floundered incredibly fast, since I rarely venture past the first page.

Huh, apparently he didn't. Must have been someone else who made a dream thread. Also, T4ct, that's really neat.

Dux on
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I guess I missed the post where we started fighting fish..Kinda confused about the geography and situation as well but...

[Well, Fuck][The Sandman]
    Traits: [Tough Skin 40% (B)][Clever 10%(A)][Assassin 25%(A)][Fisherman's Son 15%(A)][Sadistic 10%(D)]

Though Sand didn't care much for his companions, there was a better chance of survival the more of them that were living, and besides, killing things was fun. He grabs the nearest fish and crushes it in his hands.

Cheeseliker on
This discussion has been closed.