As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Modest Pile of [CHAT]

• Options
    MangoesMangoes Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    OH SNAP HOKEY PLOT TWIST

Mangoes on
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    D-Robe wrote: »
    I'm your father, you see.

Gimme my child support money then you deadbeat motherfucker.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    BUT YOU'RE TOO OLD FOR CHILD SUPPORT
    Pretty sure I'm going to stop now.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey hey, you're going to have to ask your mother about that. I paid every cent owed, not to mention the alimony (or should I say all-I-money)!(yes, I Jamaican)(also, terrible puns are genetic, but I sure you've figured that out by now.)

Also, shouldn't you be, like, 30 by now? I'm pretty sure there is a statute of limitations on paternity. At least, that's what your granddad told me when I finally caught up with him.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    D-Robe wrote: »
    Hey hey, you're going to have to ask your mother about that. I paid every cent owed, not to mention the alimony (or should I say all-I-money)!(yes, I Jamaican)

Paying it in the form of steel drums doesn't count!

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You don't like them?
    You're no son of I.

*THIS DRUM IS LEGAL TENDER FOR ALL DEBTS, PUBLIC AND PRIVATE

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Hells yeah! I finally sold that god-forsaken tablet! Now I can buy a decently sized one.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    Congrats mango! Were you the one who was downsizing?

Iruka on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am posting from my work desk, so damn professional right now.

Flay on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Iruka wrote: »
    Congrats mango! Were you the one who was downsizing?
    Sure was. I found the 12x19 for an incredible deal, and I realized why pretty quickly. It was huge.

I'm gonna get the Intuos4 Large with the academic pricing (yay homeschool). I tried portioning out my big tablet to that size, and it seemed right about perfect.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    So...new concern. Is the nib wear for the Intuos4 as bad as what I've read? I don't want to go through a nib every week, nor do I want a scratched up surface. What's the verdict?

EDIT: I should add that I work with the pressure sensitivity one or two notches above the center.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is the Intuos 3's surface much different from the 4's? Because I've had my Intuos 3 for...four years? I've used it almost every day, and I haven't noticed any wearing down at all. I still have the same pen and nib.

I've heard of that too, and I'm just not sure how people manage to wear them down, unless I'm missing something (texture of the surface is very different, perhaps?). But I mean, I use my Intuos instead of a mouse, so I'm not only using it to draw, I'm using it to use the computer. If any wearing down has happened, it's been so minute that I have yet to notice.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I sure hope I feel like eating tomorrow...:\

I woke up today without feeling very hungry...ate half a Belgian waffle leftover (delicious) at 2pm because I felt like I should eat something goddamn it what is wrong with you, because I felt weak. I had some random little bit of food at 7-ish, only because, again, I knew "you have to eat something".

I feel hungry, I feel weak, but absolutely nothing I can think of sounds very appetizing...and I figured that this feeling would go away as the day progressed, but it didn't. I've been working really, really hard on some artz, and I'm sure part of it was just the typical "whoops, distracted by work, forgot to eat, wow I'm hungry". But I'm still feeling icky, and every type of food I can think of makes me feel like I'd feel sick if I tried to eat it.

What the hell is my deal today? Damn. I'm going to the gym tomorrow night though and I expect to be ravenous afterwards. Even if I'm not - fuck, I'm eating a good portion of something, because this is hella types of dumb.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Nyaah all these christmas avatars!
    Gotta go make my own. Jonesey! to the drawing board!

m3nace on
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ND i think i have the opposite problem that you have

RubberAC on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Is the Intuos 3's surface much different from the 4's? Because I've had my Intuos 3 for...four years? I've used it almost every day, and I haven't noticed any wearing down at all. I still have the same pen and nib.

I've heard of that too, and I'm just not sure how people manage to wear them down, unless I'm missing something (texture of the surface is very different, perhaps?). But I mean, I use my Intuos instead of a mouse, so I'm not only using it to draw, I'm using it to use the computer. If any wearing down has happened, it's been so minute that I have yet to notice.
    Apparently there's a pretty rough paper texture on the 4s. I noticed the same thing with my Intuos3; the nib was seemingly immortal. That surface was as slick as ice, though.

--

My gums around where one of my wisdom teeth is coming in are super swollen, and that seems not normal. This shit always happens to me. :(

EDIT: Perocoronitis. Warm salt water. Hopefully not dentist. :P

Mangoes on
  • Options
    The_Glad_HatterThe_Glad_Hatter One Sly Fox Underneath a Groovy HatRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i've had both 3's and a 4 (intuos).
    I've never really drawn alot, mostly just image editing/ tweaking, altough i have been increasing my digital drawing time these last few weeks.

my 3 wore down a wee little bit in the year or two i had it (pretty intense use). Then a year ago i got a chance to upgrade to a 4 while selling my 3 so i did.

The 4's surface is a bit rougher than the 3's. More pleasant to touch, but my first nib has been showing some real wear since i started to increase my digital art time 2 months ago (my hold ibook had gotten too old for photoshopping. new imac now.) . I rotated the nib for the first time this week since it was getting a bit too much. i think i'm gonna have to start my 2nd nib in a few weeks. I can only imagiene how much a full-time digital artist would wear down.

that being said, i still prefer the 4 over the 3.

The_Glad_Hatter on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm still not sure whether or not to support wikileaks. In principle I agree with the goal of fighting corruption, but releasing documents en masse seemingly without consideration for their content seems pretty lazy. Although, if they can clean up their act a little, then maybe this could be a really good thing.

Flay on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Flay wrote: »
    I'm still not sure whether or not to support wikileaks. In principle I agree with the goal of fighting corruption, but releasing documents en masse seemingly without consideration for their content seems pretty lazy. Although, if they can clean up their act a little, then maybe this could be a really good thing.

Surely that's standard journalistic practice in this day and age. :wink:

Grenn on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    The man has a point. I'd say it's sad to see newspapers descending in to tabloid journalism, but that'd probably be pretty hypocrytical since I don't really read them much myself. :?

TotP questions: where do you guys get your news from, and what do you think of wikileaks?

Flay on
  • Options
    rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't get news, and it has no negative impact on my life whatsoever.

I don't watch news on TV, get a newspaper, or read it online. Most significant events I hear about weeks later in a drawing class or over dinner with my family. It turns out my not hearing it didn't change the events whatsoever and they had no relevance to my existence anyways.

rts on
  • Options
    GrennGrenn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The only news source I trust:

tumblr_lbdizkGsKi1qzoio3o1_500.jpg

Grenn on
  • Options
    NibCromNibCrom Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I get all my hard hitting news from the Web. Like photos of dead deers! Oh dear!

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-hunting-2010-ugc-pix,0,7499798.ugcphotogallery

NibCrom on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i've had both 3's and a 4 (intuos).
    I've never really drawn alot, mostly just image editing/ tweaking, altough i have been increasing my digital drawing time these last few weeks.

my 3 wore down a wee little bit in the year or two i had it (pretty intense use). Then a year ago i got a chance to upgrade to a 4 while selling my 3 so i did.

The 4's surface is a bit rougher than the 3's. More pleasant to touch, but my first nib has been showing some real wear since i started to increase my digital art time 2 months ago (my hold ibook had gotten too old for photoshopping. new imac now.) . I rotated the nib for the first time this week since it was getting a bit too much. i think i'm gonna have to start my 2nd nib in a few weeks. I can only imagiene how much a full-time digital artist would wear down.

that being said, i still prefer the 4 over the 3.
    Okay, thanks for the info! I'll probably just buy some spare nibs, they're only 10 bucks a pack.

Mangoes on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The man has a point. I'd say it's sad to see newspapers descending in to tabloid journalism, but that'd probably be pretty hypocrytical since I don't really read them much myself. :?

TotP questions: where do you guys get your news from, and what do you think of wikileaks?

BBC- mostly World Service

I have no idea how to feel about what's going on with WikiLeaks
    Sometimes stuff like that (releasing secret documents about assholes) is definitely necessary though

Tam on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Tam wrote: »
    BBC- mostly World Service

I have no idea how to feel about what's going on with WikiLeaks
    Sometimes stuff like that (releasing secret documents about assholes) is definitely necessary though

totally gay for fred mcdowell now dude.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    haha, awesome, I was just listening to Highway 61
    any particular one you're hooked to?

Tam on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010

Highway 61 is my favorite so far, but I've liked everything I've heard so far

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ain't nobody better than Mississippi Fred.
    I'm gonna go to his grave site next time I visit my cousins.

Tam on
  • Options
    PeterAndCompanyPeterAndCompany Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So on another geek-related forum I frequent, the recently-uncovered archive footage of Greedo wearing womens' shoes...
    greedos_shoes.jpg

... led to a conversation calling Greedo the "Sweet Transvestite Bounty Hunter," which led to this...
    greedo_antici.jpg

:lol::lol:

PeterAndCompany on
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Highway 61 is my favorite so far, but I've liked everything I've heard so far

also, for something completely different, check out John Lee Hooker

Tam on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    woo finally got my robocup shirt from threadless

waiting for a sale paid off

also more things for bacon to be utterly enthused about
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwXPaDjpVA0

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Obviously a movie that will go down in history as one of the best.

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GodfatherGodfather Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That video thumbnail alone is enough warning.

Godfather on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Grenn wrote: »
    The only news source I trust:

tumblr_lbdizkGsKi1qzoio3o1_500.jpg

Yesssssss. Fucking good show.

Meanwhile, I encourage all arty chums to enter this.

Clothespeg.

I did my first live art at the opening of last years exhibition in my city. Get transcontinental, you guys!

Edit:urgh posting in bed on an iPad is treacherous.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

i get all my news from fark... so not really news but still

as for wikileaks i have a govt job i get fired
    out of a cannon... into the sun
    if i go and look at them

farbekrieg on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    lyrium wrote: »
    It's weird to hear the quantitative breakdown of just how shitty things that you've always known to be shitty are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5OtB298fHY&feature=player_embedded#

Yeah, this guy is my hero.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    lyriumlyrium Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Forbe I was seriously just going to come in here to ask if you had ever mentioned if you do commissions.
    I was wondering about a small silver beetle pendant.

lyrium on
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I don't have a studio at the moment, but if I did, yes, I do commissions.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Geez, I really don't seem to be doing a lot here. :?

I guess I can hardly complain if they're paying me.

Flay on
This discussion has been closed.