As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: BC2 night every Thursday

• RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    finnith wrote: »
    You'd be surprised at a engineer squad's ability (Goomba and CarbonFire) to lock down a shitty tank driver (me). Just take cover close to a ridge or in the trees and rocks that dot the map's borders.

Explain these squad abilities so that I may kick ass when I return to my gaming computer.

RoyceSraphim on
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You'd be surprised at a engineer squad's ability (Goomba and CarbonFire) to lock down a shitty tank driver (me). Just take cover close to a ridge or in the trees and rocks that dot the map's borders.

Explain these squad abilities so that I may kick ass when I return to my gaming computer.

Talk to each other, reveal yourself only to attack high priority targets (if you're going Anti-Tank) and use perks beneficial to your desired role. Don't take Magnum ammo when you're dropping C4 everywhere, for instance. Every little bit of explosive damge counts. Tanks can and will survive proximity explosions that aren't juiced up with Ex. Mk II.

Basically, be sensible and prioritize.

Warcry on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Warcry wrote: »

Talk to each other, reveal yourself only to attack high priority targets (if you're going Anti-Tank) and use perks beneficial to your desired role. Don't take Magnum ammo when you're dropping C4 everywhere, for instance. Every little bit of explosive damge counts. Tanks can and will survive proximity explosions that aren't juiced up with Ex. Mk II.

Basically, be sensible and prioritize.

There is no need to use MK2 explosives with C4 these days. 2 packs will take down any tank and the MK2 does not change that. Magnum ammo is far more of a benefit for the G3 or VSS and the weapon upgrade perks are best for M14 and shotties. AT engies are about the only people who should ever use MK2 and only with the RPG or AT4. Fuck the CG. I wish they would take it out of the game all together. I can't understand what I ever saw in it.

That_Guy on
  • SigtyrSigtyr Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I wish the new maps were a bit more C4 friendly.

Not many tanks use the paths on Harvest Day and Heavy Metal. You end up having to using all your C4 covering the area where the tank will probably sit to capture a flag.

Sigtyr on
    edited December 2010
    Sigtyr wrote: »
    I wish the new maps were a bit more C4 friendly.

Not many tanks use the paths on Harvest Day and Heavy Metal. You end up having to using all your C4 covering the area where the tank will probably sit to capture a flag.

I gave up on trying to use c4 on the new maps. Especially Heavy Metal. I will roll with Mortars or smoke.

That_Guy on
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    12460.png
    c7f02.png
    e3fa1.png
    099f7.png
    fc890.png
    7aeef.png
    04ed1.png

finals whaaaaat?

rRootagea on
  • NovafoxNovafox Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Of the new maps, I think I like Harvest Day and Oasis the best. Playing Conquest on Harvest Day with a good tank driver is a blast.

Novafox on
    steam_sig.png
  • proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Is this a stat show now?

proyebat.png

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I can roll with that.
    pc_BestProduceEver.png

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    This banner > your stupid banners.

b_560_95_1.png

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • IgelIgel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mancall! Get on the server and kill me! (Because that's what will happen)

Igel on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Warcry wrote: »
    Olivaw wrote: »
    God Jesus fucking Christ

This game is the worst game in the entire world when you're playing against some asshole who is way too good and is smug about it

Fucking fuck

Just suck it up.

daffy.jpg

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Play the Beatles while you shoot mans. Makes everything a million times better.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Since the respawn time became 10 seconds, I can't recall a single time the attackers managed to win, a shame since Oasis and Harvest Day both have really open openings and really close quarters closings.
    Yet the 10 second respawns just adds more fun and less aggravations all around.

So the best solution would be to make mcoms easier to take down: whether by shortening time to destruction or its resistance to explosives, or increasing time to disarm, or maybe increasing vehicle spawn rate.

rRootagea on
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I just had something simultaneously awesome and shitty happen.

So I'm rocking out (read: sucking) on Heavy Metal and jump into a tank. As per standard, pretty soon I hear the beep beep beep of my incoming doom. I look up to see 3 rockets heading towards me. They pretty much simultaneously connect with my hapless vehicle and blow it up so hard my computer crashes. Cue cursing and laughter in equals measures.

And that marks the end of this evenings man shootings, good games chaps!

Campy on
    edited December 2010
    I sniped Ebo and Carbonfire out of a chopper with my tank last night on heavy metal. I had V-optics and was on the friendly side of B. Carbon was way off over B and flying low. My first shot missed as did my second and 3rd shots. They must have seen me after the 3rd one because they took off. They were just about to fly over a ridge. All I could see was the top of the cockpit and the blades. I said to myself, "fuck it" and just lobbed one high and long. It looks like it is going to completely miss. I than see vehicle damage points and an explosion from beyond that same ridge.

Killing a chopper with a tank is really just the most fun thing you can do in this game.

EDIT: And what do you all think about the current map list. Should I mix in more of the new maps or is it fine the way it is? I have also started tinkering with the ticket counts and whatnot of individual maps. So far there are just a couple, but I plan on tweaking each map we play.

That_Guy on
  • YallYall Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Whelp - gonna have to get this.

There goes playing Black Ops. ;)

Yall on
  • a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I got auto-kicked twice last night to make room for people on the list, but I should be on the list. Other than that, good times despite my usual suckitude (except for the time I tagged someone with a tracer and then RPG-ed them. That was pretty awesome since I happened to have the tracer gun out when I saw them :P).

a5ehren on
    edited December 2010
    a5ehren wrote: »
    I got auto-kicked twice last night to make room for people on the list, but I should be on the list. Other than that, good times despite my usual suckitude (except for the time I tagged someone with a tracer and then RPG-ed them. That was pretty awesome since I happened to have the tracer gun out when I saw them :P).

I see a bunch of new people on the list. I will update it when I get home tonight. Make sure you are on vent to tell me when you get kicked. I will sometimes kick pubbies, so make sure you have PA tags on too.

That_Guy on
  • JameswaysJamesways Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Cold War is a giant clusterfuck. I mean, damn, mans everywhere you look. I think everyone, attackers and defenders, ends up with a boatload of kills.

Great map to level up ye olde stars on guns.

Jamesways on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm not sure I have any gold stars left to get on weapons...hmm.

edit: looks like 20 more kills with the shotgun attachment, and hten it's all vehicles left.

ghost_master2000 on
    edited December 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »

I see a bunch of new people on the list. I will update it when I get home tonight. Make sure you are on vent to tell me when you get kicked. I will sometimes kick pubbies, so make sure you have PA tags on too.

Yeah it was weird - I thought I had put my name on the list right when you first put it up, but I guess I didn't, so I did it again last night. Oh well.

a5ehren on
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010

Yeah it was weird - I thought I had put my name on the list right when you first put it up, but I guess I didn't, so I did it again last night. Oh well.

About the same story here, I'm hoping I put the right thing in. :P

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
    edited December 2010
    Jamesways wrote: »
    Cold War is a giant clusterfuck. I mean, damn, mans everywhere you look. I think everyone, attackers and defenders, ends up with a boatload of kills.

I love Cold War. It is the perfect map to use the VSS or 40mm shotty on. I was tearing it up as recon last night. Motoring the fuck out of building stuffed with guys is so much fun. You know when you mortar a 3 story house, some of the shells punch through the ceilings and go off on the lower floors. I got a triple kill last night with on a single house.

That_Guy on
    edited December 2010
    Jamesways wrote: »

I love Cold War. It is the perfect map to use the VSS or 40mm shotty on. I was tearing it up as recon last night. Motoring the fuck out of building stuffed with guys is so much fun. You know when you mortar a 3 story house, some of the shells punch through the ceilings and go off on the lower floors. I got a triple kill last night with on a single house.

Yeah I was wrecking people with the F2000 and the 40mm GL on that map last night. At least until I had to reload...

a5ehren on
  • ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm still trying to figure out how to stop my mouse from leaving the game window.

So. Frustrating.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
    edited December 2010

I've never actually tried the 40mm shotty, but I'm a big fan of the USA-12. I may have to try the 40mm tonight.

Novafox on
    steam_sig.png
  • ghost_master2000ghost_master2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's pretty satisfying blasting someone in the face with the 40mm shotty.

ghost_master2000 on
    edited December 2010
    The 40MM shotgun actually feels like how an actual shotgun should act. It's also pretty nice being able to have a reliable third weapon to switch to if you so happen to empty out both your rifle and your handgun.

Though, you may want to choose it depending on the map. On maps like Oasis, White Pass or that conquest desert without the vehicles whose name currently escapes me, I'd never pass up the rifle grenade for it.

Sigtyr on
    edited December 2010
    I've just always found having 40mm grenades or smoke so handy, hard to pass them up.

Novafox on
    steam_sig.png
    edited December 2010
    I have found that, if an enemy's torso is taking up the entire crosshair, it will instantly kill them. I like rolling 416, ACOG, Magnum, and 40mm Shotty. My favorite thing to do is sneak up on people from around corners. Say a recon throws a motion mine and you pick them up. If I nail the first guy and I can usually switch to my primary and get another kill or 2. It is so satisfying to jump into someone and fill them full of buckshot.

Warning: The 40mm shot gun flat out just doesn't work some times. It will make the hit noise, the headshot noise, spray blood, but just not reg the hit. The times it works more than make up for the times it does not, though.

That_Guy on
    edited December 2010
    Yeah, I've noticed that.

It's certainly not as..
    hit or miss

..As the other shotguns, however.

Sigtyr on
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Sigtyr wrote: »
    The 40MM shotgun actually feels like how an actual shotgun should act. It's also pretty nice being able to have a reliable third weapon to switch to if you so happen to empty out both your rifle and your handgun.

Though, you may want to choose it depending on the map. On maps like Oasis, White Pass or that conquest desert without the vehicles whose name currently escapes me, I'd never pass up the rifle grenade for it.

I've never lived long enough to empty both my main gun and my sidearm of all ammo, it must be nice. :P

Darmak on
    JtgVX0H.png
  • VeitsevVeitsev Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    The server is in serious need of manz right now.

Veitsev on
    nibblersig-1.jpg
    Steam 3DS: 1160-9885-2554
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Say a recon throws a motion mine and you pick them up.

Wait... what? You can mike up the motion mines?

Campy on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Campy wrote: »

I think he means picking them up as in locating enemies via motion mine radar blips.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited December 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »
    Campy wrote: »

I think he means picking them up as in locating enemies via motion mine radar blips.

Yeah, this.

GET ON SERVER BABIES!

That_Guy on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I got my gold on the 40mm shotty (back when it was 100 kills instead of 50) but haven't used it much since. It was fun. I'd use it more if the 40mm grenade didn't kill when you lob it right into someone. Now that is satisfying.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
    edited December 2010
    I tweaked the map list slightly.

That_Guy on
  • Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I still prefer the smoke grenade over the 40mm shottie, even when it comes to killing people with it. Obviously a big shotgun blast is going to kill somebody, but it's not nearly as entertaining as watching somebody explode into a cloud of smoke because you pegged them with a smoke grenade.

Plus, how in the world can you ever run out of ammo on everything but the 40mm launcher with the Assault class? Giving yourself a decent resupply takes something like ten seconds and you can toss the box down and keep fighting as you resupply. I run out of pistol ammo all the time with Recon because of the M93, but I don't think I've ever run out of ammo as Assault.

Ninja Snarl P on
This discussion has been closed.