As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bad Company 2: BC2 night every Thursday

• hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If you run out of ammo as an assault, uninstall the game now.

hailthefish on
  • rRootagearRootagea MadisonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Perhaps he means seeing more bad guys and all your guns need reloading

rRootagea on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    If you run out of ammo as an assault, uninstall the game now.

What if the person is only level 0 or 1?

That_Guy on
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    They'll be dead before then if they aren't just shooting into the air.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Apologies if I haven't been on lately guys. I've had shit to do.

Warcry on
  • MegaMekMegaMek Girls like girls. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am in love with Heavy Metal. Good times, best map.

MegaMek on
    Is time a gift or punishment?
  • Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Ill be offline for a while - Cataclysm came out and shall devour my soul.

Angry Weasel on
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MegaMek wrote: »

This man is a man who knows what is up.

Suriko on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Seeing the 3 new maps really shows the difference in the engine between BC 1 and 2 basically just on sheer map size. Oasis is tiny and Harvest Day isn't much bigger. The new map that's really open is absolutely ginormous, and definitely wouldn't have run in BC 1.

-Loki- on
  • 101101 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Suriko wrote: »
    MegaMek wrote: »

This man is a man who knows what is up.

I think I would like it more if most of my team weren't humping windmills somewhere.
    And if there were more people, I really think it's too big for the consoles.

101 on
  • El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Using both shotgun perks with the USAS is pretty satisfying. I would still give up range for more stopping power and hits that actually count.

Cold War is a perfect map for shotgun wookie.

El Guaco on
    edited December 2010
    Oh boy. Vietnam is getting super close. I hope you all are planing on or already have purchased it.

That_Guy on
  • TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I may actually be able to afford it, maybe. That might change.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Oh boy. Vietnam is getting super close. I hope you all are planing on or already have purchased it.

It's not really a big priority for me. And I bought BC2 through the EA store so I can't be gifted Vietnam either, heh.

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    ebotastic wrote: »

It's not really a big priority for me. And I bought BC2 through the EA store so I can't be gifted Vietnam either, heh.

Every version of Vietnam will work with every version of BC2, if that makes sense.

I took advantage of the buy two or more select titles get half off the purchase to buy BC2 a few days ago for the PC from EA itself. Zhinto or whatever his handle is, one of the devs/PR people/whatever his function is at DICE, confirmed on the EA forums that any version of BC2 (Retail at brick and mortar or from amazon, amazon download, ea download, steam, whatever) will work with (insert place I purchased my Vietnam unlock code from)'s version of Vietnam.

I pre-ordered from Steam, so I'll just right-click properties or whatever the tab is, copy the activation code, and run it through my EA bought copy to play it since that's all buying Vietnam is, is a code to unlock stuff we've already downloaded.

TL, DR => You can still have Vietnam gifted to you.

Column on
  • ebotasticebotastic Going Gonzo In People's HeartsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Column wrote: »
    ebotastic wrote: »

Every version of Vietnam will work with every version of BC2, if that makes sense.

I took advantage of the buy two or more select titles get half off the purchase to buy BC2 a few days ago for the PC from EA itself. Zhinto or whatever his handle is, one of the devs/PR people/whatever his function is at DICE, confirmed on the EA forums that any version of BC2 (Retail at brick and mortar or from amazon, amazon download, ea download, steam, whatever) will work with (insert place I purchased my Vietnam unlock code from)'s version of Vietnam.

I pre-ordered from Steam, so I'll just right-click properties or whatever the tab is, copy the activation code, and run it through my EA bought copy to play it since that's all buying Vietnam is, is a code to unlock stuff we've already downloaded.

TL, DR => You can still have Vietnam gifted to you.

On the Steam store page for BC2:Vietnam it says
    Notice: Vietnam requires the base game Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on Steam to play

But I guess I can keep my fingers crossed.

ebotastic on
    Please, call me ebo.
  • hailthefishhailthefish Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    All steam DLC says that. I don't know if it's accurate in all cases.

hailthefish on
  • proyebatproyebat GARY WAS HERE ASH IS A LOSERRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'd play Vietnam with you guys on PC, but my computer is dirt. I'm getting it for PS3.

proyebat on
    455Bo4O.png
  • ColumnColumn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Notice: Vietnam requires the base game Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on Steam to play

But I guess I can keep my fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, as someone else mentioned all Steam DLC will say that, whether it is true or not to probably save them hassles with customer service. Normally, if not in all cases, Steam will not let you buy something that will not work on its service. It let me buy Vietnam just fine, and a simple google will let you see the ea forum posts where Zhinto(?) confirms it.

That said it's a pain in the ass figuring out if it will work or not, Steam and EA need to just tell people flat out it's a fucking code not an expansion pack like say WoW's Cataclysm to avoid the paranoia.

Column on
    edited December 2010
  • ChronocideChronocide Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    So I pre-ordered Vietnam and also threw down the $5 for the SPECACT kit, stupid stupid me.

Also, anyone want to add me to my Multi STEAM account, add TGChronoTF2 (Grillzilla)

Chronocide on
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Man, earning Ace pins on pubbie servers feels like cheating.

Now I only need two more pins to reach my goal....how about we all play this evening? :winky:

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    lets play this this right now

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
  • WarcryWarcry I'm getting my shit pushed in here! AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'll get on now, be on the mic in about an hour. Family is still asleep. Lightweights.

Warcry on
  • Black IceBlack Ice Charlotte, NCRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    At first, I saw how few guns there were in BFBC2V and was a bit upset. Then I realized that's about how many weapons I use in BC2 due to true variety instead of preference, so it's okay.

I bought the $20 expansion for BF2 on the PC a few years ago. I'll be buying the $15 expansion for BC2 around the same time instead of Black Ops, which I view as a mod of MW2. I honestly feel like I'd get about the same playtime out of BFBC2+V as I would buying BO. I love BC2 and can't wait for BF3!

Black Ice on
  • JameswaysJamesways Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    RANT AHOY.

Ok, doing some Hardcore Onslaught with some random guys last night. Trying the Isla map over and over with the same two guys with the same callsign, and the last slot filled by whoever. After the 6th try, we're about 30-40 min in, locking down B. Right before I capture the flag, me and the other random get shot in the back from a teammate. I'm wondering if he wants the points for the flag. No, every time we spawn the guy drops grenades down or shoots everyone in the room. Non-stop team killing for a few min before he quits. The random guy is pissed and drops out. No mics, so who knows.

We're swarmed by bad dudes, can't even spawn and move 2 steps, we lose. The teamkiller is back and they want to try again. What the fuck? Why waste all that time invested just to be a dick? We were trying this for almost an hour and a half.

tl:dr- People are fucking assholes.

Jamesways on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Mechanical on
  • SoaLSoaL fantastic Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    that looks fantastic

SoaL on
    DKFA7.gif
    edited December 2010
    I am trying to get a game going tonight. I should be ready to get my game on by about 7:30 EST. I hope you all can make it.

That_Guy on
  • NovafoxNovafox Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Flamethrowers. Oh hell yes.

Novafox on
    steam_sig.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I am trying to get a game going tonight. I should be ready to get my game on by about 7:30 EST. I hope you all can make it.

Yes please. I was on the server last night for the better part of an hour (just blowing crap up with the Heli mostly), only one other person ever joined (one of the more regular pubbies).

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I have just finished the first half of a 6-hour-long exam on reading comprehension skills.

Once I get out I will be exhausted and crabby because of this dumb ass no-value exam they decided to test at my school. So everyone be there because I will need to shoot mans.

Satsumomo on
  • CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    How does the weapon progression work in Vietnam? Each class gets around three/four weapons, right? I assume you can't use (all) the vanilla ones for anachronistic reasons?

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
    edited December 2010
    CarbonFire wrote: »

Yes please. I was on the server last night for the better part of an hour (just blowing crap up with the Heli mostly), only one other person ever joined (one of the more regular pubbies).

:shock: I saw. It seems like I am the only one who can fill these servers. It was like that with TF2 as well. The server would be empty (or just 2 or 3 people) until I joined. When I stopped playing it seemed like everyone else did too. I heard that other day that people can't even get the TF2 servers to fill up anymore.

When you are looking to get a game going, I would really recommend making a big post and saying something in the Steam Group. I will add you and Winnie as admins there so you can post announcements. You could say something like "Come get your ass kicked on BC2."

That_Guy on
    edited December 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »
    How does the weapon progression work in Vietnam? Each class gets around three/four weapons, right? I assume you can't use (all) the vanilla ones for anachronistic reasons?

Everyone gets all the Vietnam weapons and the same BC2 rank up front from what I have heard. I really wish they would make us unlock them, though. It would be fun to have something to work towards.

No BC2 weapons will be selectable.

That_Guy on
  • El GuacoEl Guaco Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    All the fire makes the game look like a burning Hell. It's no wonder some 'Nam vets came back so disturbed.

Still gonna play the Hell out of it! :P

El Guaco on
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I should be on later tonight, but not without warning. I may well be quite inebriated, so my shooting skills will be even worse than usual.

The Vietnam add-on is looking freaking awesome, can't wait to shoot me some Charlie! Does anyone know how the flame-thrower mechanic is going to work? I.e. will it do continuous damage after you set someone on fire?

Campy on
  • PancakePancake Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    El Guaco wrote: »
    All the fire makes the game look like a burning Hell. It's no wonder some 'Nam vets came back so disturbed.

Still gonna play the Hell out of it! :P

Yes, Vietnam vets came back so disturbed because of all the fire.

What?

Pancake on
    wAgWt.jpg
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm loving that the Vietnam minimap now shows North, South, East, West.

Satsumomo on
This discussion has been closed.