As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

-

s_86s_86 Registered User regular
edited July 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
-

s_86 on

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Uh dunno, did you message Khoo? If anyone could tell you it would be him.

Falx on
  • Options
    KotenkKotenk Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    You can't just copy the URL of the image and have it auto update, unfortunately. You'll have to do a bit of back-end work for something like that.

This is due to the way Battle.net displays avatars. It basically shifts the background image here depending on what avatar is selected: http://us.battle.net/sc2/static/images/source/portraits-1-90.jpg (and others)

Kotenk on
  • Options
    SamSam Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say they won't care. IANAL etc.

Sam on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It is "okay" in the sense that the company (probably) doesn't care that you are using their name.

As to the image, what you'll need to do is dig into the page source and figure out what image the site is loading in that spot. Depending on how the page is set up, it might be pretty tough to find. It would probably be easier to just GIS pictures of protoss/whatever and find one you like.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2010
    If you have concerns about whether or not it's cool with them if you do this, you really need to email Khoo. He doesn't typically read the forums, but I know he gets his email, so definitely ask. If you do, be clear on whether or not you're trying to claim affiliation.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn