As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WARMACHINE & HORDES] Pipe Cleaners, Reimagined

• Options
    BlaqueBlaque Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm actually not impressed by Ozzy's art myself. I think I expected him to have a more "unique" look to him, if that makes sense. He's House Vyre, so I thought his armor may have a bit of a weird look, kind of like how the Force Generator has different mage armor and Rahn stands out some. Ozzy looks like a supped-up Magister to me.

His actual model may change that opinion, mind.

Anyhow, back to playing with iBodger and brainstorming my lists for tomorrow's tournament.

And stuff.

Blaque on
  • Options
    VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2011
    Holy shit I just got glue, a hobby knife, and a tape measurer for less than $8.

Vanguard on
  • Options
    Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Don't forget the crit knockdown. That's always yummy.

Tangently-related...
    Mmm... Ossyan...
    NQ34.png

I take it there is very little info on him? because he...looks really cool...

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    BlaqueBlaque Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    He's House Vyre based on the translation-contest thingy. ANd I got the implication he works with arcanica a lot. So he probably is a pretty warjack-focused warcaster based on that, I think. About all we know about him besides that and his picture, really.

And stuff.

Blaque on
  • Options
    DragonPupDragonPup Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Privateer just released the MSRP for the Khador Gun Wagon at....

$85.

We should expect the rest to cost the same.

DragonPup on
    "I was there, I was there, the day Horus slew the Emperor." -Cpt Garviel Loken

Currently painting: Slowly [flickr]
  • Options
    brain operatorbrain operator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    DragonPup wrote: »
    Privateer just released the MSRP for the Khador Gun Wagon at....

$85.

We should expect the rest to cost the same.
    Certainly fair considering size and detail of the model but unless the rules make them somehow really, really, really attractive to play, I'm not interested in anything either that size (assuming the point cost is proportionate) or price.

brain operator on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sounds about right.

admanb on
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Apparently the Insider today's got pictures of the Gun Carriages rolling off the production lines.

Who cares about that, though. Next week they're going to have pictures of the finished Arcantrik Force Generator. :D

Wonder if we're going to be seeing these on the battlefield sooner than later...

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    $85? That's less than a unit of Cavalry.

@admanb: I'd love to see a picture of you in a track suit; I haven't had a good laugh in a while.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Carnarvon wrote: »

@admanb: I'd love to see a picture of you in a track suit; I haven't had a good laugh in a while.

D:

admanb on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    admanb wrote: »

D:
    Sup, nerd?

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

D:
    Sup, nerd?

The guy they're spoofing in the comic actually once bought beer for the store because a Warhammer tournament was running late. Also, he gets really worked up when listening to Slayer.

Alazull on
    User name Alazull on Steam, PSN, Nintenders, Epic, etc.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Alazull wrote: »

D:
    Sup, nerd?

The guy they're spoofing in the comic actually once bought beer for the store because a Warhammer tournament was running late. Also, he gets really worked up when listening to Slayer.

Why are all you people over in Washington? In Delaware, I have two LGSs; one where the owner doesn't let you curse, and in the other the owner started crying because a shipment of dice didn't have any d6s.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Why are all you people over in Washington? In Delaware, I have two LGSs; one where the owner doesn't let you curse, and in the other the owner started crying because a shipment of dice didn't have any d6s.

How do you LIVE?

Matev on
    "Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Need more LGSs that have beer.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    At my LGS, our Press Ganger is...well, not only a terrible player, but really loves to talk behind peoples backs and spread rumors about them. She also gets absolutely irate if you have more then 2 questions to ask at once.

I just stopped talking to her all together because I once tried to be friendly and just sit down and talk warmachine. She got all huffy and walked away mid sentence.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    AlazullAlazull Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The rain makes it really easy to justify being inside with my games instead of out doing "healthy activities."

Alazull on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    At my LGS, our Press Ganger is...well, not only a terrible player, but really loves to talk behind peoples backs and spread rumors about them. She also gets absolutely irate if you have more then 2 questions to ask at once.

I just stopped talking to her all together because I once tried to be friendly and just sit down and talk warmachine. She got all huffy and walked away mid sentence.

Have you tried reporting her to PP? I don't know if they have an official system for it, but I know they'll review complaints.

admanb on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

I need to stress that what he did was highly illegal, as not only does he not have a liquor license, he also gave me one and I was a minor (like a month away from 21, but still...) at the time.

Although AFK Tavern does have tables and terrain, and the idea of playing a Warmachine tournament where when you win you have to take a shot and if you lose you have to take two is kind of enticing.

Alazull on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I need to stress that what he did was highly illegal, as not only does he not have a liquor license, he also gave me one and I was a minor (like a month away from 21, but still...) at the time.

Although AFK Tavern does have tables and terrain, and the idea of playing a Warmachine tournament where when you win you have to take a shot and if you lose you have to take two is kind of enticing.

I still need to get out to AFK at some point, they good?

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Win = two. Lose = one. IMO.

admanb on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Win = two. Lose = one. IMO.

You need to be rewarded for your successes.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Have you tried reporting her to PP? I don't know if they have an official system for it, but I know they'll review complaints.

Yeah, me and some friends talked about it a while ago, but ended up doing nothing.

We now have two Press Gangers, the new guy is one of the nicest people you'll meet, and would gladly drone on and on about the game. I haven't been in the store in a bit (the general staff is pretty...elitist is the word I want to use, the gamers are nice as hell though, kind of a catch 22.), as I'm assembling my army at a glaciers pace. But I got a mass e-mail from friends who play there that said she might be on her way out as a press ganger.

Anon the Felon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    @Matev: I went for New Year's, they opened my table's champagne bottle with a mini Buster Sword by request. Drinks are good, food is mostly drunk grub but is still decent, and the game selection is broad. They're more GW focused because a local hobby shop is investing in them, but all in all it's cool.

@admanb: Well, I suppose handicapping the winners would be cooler, and allow the losers a chance at a comeback. Sure, you're good, but are you as good once you've had four shots? Definitely would have to use SR rules, and require people to have active drinks during games to keep their buzzes going.

But this is getting close to playing a drinking game in a bar, which is actually illegal in Washington...

Alazull on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    @Matev: I went for New Year's, they opened my table's champagne bottle with a mini Buster Sword by request. Drinks are good, food is mostly drunk grub but is still decent, and the game selection is broad. They're more GW focused because a local hobby shop is investing in them, but all in all it's cool.

Nice, I will have to make my way up there when I'm not encumbered by other events. Might be a decent place to officially unveil a couple painted up armies.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    This starts to sound like our local meta.

Except the players show up drunk *before* the tournament starts. :D

Store Wars #1 was quite hilarious.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Matev wrote: »

Nice, I will have to make my way up there when I'm not encumbered by other events. Might be a decent place to officially unveil a couple painted up armies.

Hey, Matev, I was wondering. Did you play in the Steel Battalion event at PAX last year? I remember my first go at the campaign there was a guy that was dressed a bit like Giovanni that I think had just qualified as a Sniper.

Alazull on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Hey, Matev, I was wondering. Did you play in the Steel Battalion event at PAX last year? I remember my first go at the campaign there was a guy that was dressed a bit like Giovanni that I think had just qualified as a Sniper.

Bingo! I was doing a Giovanni Cosplay for the PAX Pokemon League, but got absorbed into the glitzy world of SB for the weekend. Ironically, that stuff brought me back onto the forums here and got me back into Warmachine. :)

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    edited January 2011

How do you LIVE?

I've been dead for six years.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Been making all your tough rolls since then I see.

Matev on
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    For anyone who doesn't know: the last two PAs are (not very subtly) about me and Eterenal's secondary LGS.

They are not wrong.

Really? Which store is that? I'm still feeling out the LGS options in Seattle, and I'd love to hear about the other options. I've been mostly confined to Gamma Ray Games on Capitol Hill.

kaorti on
  • Options
    edited January 2011

Been making all your tough rolls since then I see.

That would explain why I keep falling down all the time.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    The only really big rule in the gaming room at our gaming store is no beer or food beyond water and soda. We can curse all we want.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    kaorti wrote: »
    For anyone who doesn't know: the last two PAs are (not very subtly) about me and Eterenal's secondary LGS.

They are not wrong.

Really? Which store is that? I'm still feeling out the LGS options in Seattle, and I'd love to hear about the other options. I've been mostly confined to Gamma Ray Games on Capitol Hill.

That's Ernie's Games in Woodinville. It has a Wednesday-night Warmachine group that I believe is still pretty busy, but it's low-level. Genesis Games and Gizmos in Redmond is on Thursday and has a much wider range of skill levels; one of our players took fourth at the Gencon nationals and still faces stiff competition at home. I'm there four out of five Thursdays.

admanb on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    OtakuD00D wrote: »
    The only really big rule in the gaming room at our gaming store is no beer or food beyond water and soda. We can curse all we want.

Ah, well at the LGS where I can't curse, we're allowed to bring all the food in we want; they even have a microwave (useful for being 10ft from a dollar tree and food lion) and sell soda for $0.50.

Carnarvon on
  • Options
    EterenalEterenal Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

You really shouldn't be posting this on the internet dude.

Eterenal on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I should note that Ernie's really is not that bad. Ernie is a bit of a flake, but in my opinion his biggest failing (as an LGS owner) is that his personality doesn't mesh so well with the aggressively nerdy clientele that game stores are built around.

admanb on
  • Options
    OtakuD00DOtakuD00D Can I hit the exploding rocks? San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    OtakuD00D wrote: »

Ah, well at the LGS where I can't curse, we're allowed to bring all the food in we want; they even have a microwave (useful for being 10ft from a dollar tree and food lion) and sell soda for $0.50.

We have a Mc Donald's, a Mexican place, Japanese restaurant, Sports Bar, Souplantation, all within walking distance in the same lot as our place. Just across the opposite street corner is an Arby's. Bunch more restaurants within a spitting distance's drive.

OtakuD00D on
    makosig.jpg
  • Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

This :(

SJ on
  • Options
    kaortikaorti Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Had a good run at the LGS tonight. Two wins and a loss.

The first Win was as eNemo vs. pVlad. We both ran three heavies. The game revolved around who could get the best alpha-strike in. My opponent moved his line of heavies to just outside my threat range, then ran the Great Bears in to keep me from getting any closer. I had to spend too much effort killing the bears to try for a charge with my heavies, so I moved everything up with energizer and hit my opponent's centermost jack with eNemo's Galvanic Bolt, rooting two jacks in place. Unfortunately, Drago was more than 3" away, and had a charge lane to Nemo. I got lucky and free strikes from both Ol' Rowdy and a hammersmith took off both of Drago's arms. He still hit once, and took 2/3 of my life off. The next turn I feated, slammed a Marauder over Vlad with the hammersmith, and finished him off.

The second game was as eHaley against pStryker. I feel a bit guilty about this one since my opponent doesn't have a very large collection, so he can't build too many lists. I did offer to use a different caster if he preferred, so I guess I'm not a total cad. Highlights include: combining Temporal Acceleration on Gorman and Domination allowing me to take out 4 long gunners and blind three Jacks. His Black 13th, marshalled Avalancher and a couple of long gunners came within a hair's breadth of taking out my lancer, but it barely survived.

The Final game was against Calandra. I was using Sloan. I'm not used to fighting trolls, and it really showed. I've also been reminded that I really don't like lage buildings placed in the center of the map. It screwed with my range estimations, and prevented me from getting enough line of sight to do significant damage. The game ended with my infantry dismantled, and a Crit Slam from an impaler knocking Sloan down, letting the bomber drop two hits on her.

Admanb, I'm going to try to find a way for me to get out to Redmond on Thursdays. I suspect that it might be a while, since I don't own a car, but I'd really love to play against a wider variety of opponents. My game against Calandra really brought home to me that I needed more experience.

kaorti on