As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Welcome to Hoth: Formerly known as Earth

• Options
    Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Just get me the money, will work out the details later.

I will accept one hundred American dollars.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    spazmojack wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    When it's 46C+ It's optional to send kids to school.

i experienced temps like this most of the summer in qatar...unfortunately it was not optional for us to go into work.

Hey I was at work during those days. Doing the most inane stuff. I was on a black balcony in full sun gluing black rocks onto it. Fun times.

Blake T on
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It was a sunny and nice 75 degrees today. Anybody living where it snows willingly is basically certifiable in my opinion. Not that I want any of you moving south, we have enough dumbasses from the great white north down here already. I'll take my 95% humidity during the summer to not have snow. Fuck snow.

Krieghund on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It's snowing today! If I didn't have a sinus infection it would be quite delightful.

But I do so I'm hiding inside.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I woke up to find a millimetre or two of snow on the ground. I went into a blind panic. I now own all of the milk and bread in a two kilometre radius of my house.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    zen-zen- Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think we've had like an inch of snow? Either way im not going to work

zen- on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Loads of ice, but no snow.

On the plus side, I saw my first real icicle this morning, and most of our online Christmas shopping has arrived :D

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    zen-zen- Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I'm beginning to wonder if anything I've ordered is gonna show up before Christmas..

zen- on
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've told my parents that we'll buy part of the stuff needed for Christmas dinner. Worst case scenario they'll be having a vegetarian meal while my girlfriend and I shiver in a motorway layby trying to cook sausages and bacon on an idling car engine.

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Wow, the sky was completely blue when I walked to work. Now it is white and there is a blizzard.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    nooooo fuck you snow!

I was supposed to get home today god damnit

101 on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Krieghund wrote: »
    It was a sunny and nice 75 degrees today. Anybody living where it snows willingly is basically certifiable in my opinion. Not that I want any of you moving south, we have enough dumbasses from the great white north down here already. I'll take my 95% humidity during the summer to not have snow. Fuck snow.

Ugh. I hate the fucking humidity here. You walk out to the street to get the mail and you feel like you've been in the sauna for 30 minutes.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    QuirkQuirk Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    We've had something coming up on 7-8 inches of snow I think, and it has really fucked my weekend (I live in the back of beyond). Was meant to be going to see my cousin and her boyfriend but there is no way to get to where they live.

The snow mostly came down between like 4 and 8 this morning I think though, so that's an ungodly amount of snow for the area, and it doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon.

I'm also meant to be starting back at work on tuesday, but that looks to be out of the question as well if this keeps up, which is really really frustrating since I love my job

Quirk on
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    I went to leave the house yesterday and there was an almost perfect half inch layer of ice covering the entire car.

It was incredibly fun breaking it off though I should have worn gloves.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I think I might have broken my ass trying to leave for work.

As good as my landlord is at everything else they suck at dealing with any snow and ice so my porch and steps are just covered in solid ice right now without any salt or sand. Ate it coming down the steps and landed right on my ass.

Borommakot on
  • Options
    Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I went to leave the house yesterday and there was an almost perfect half inch layer of ice covering the entire car.

My car door froze shut this morning. that is the second time in as many days, never happened before.

Gonna need to get some silicone.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2010
    Josiah_9 wrote: »

My car door froze shut this morning. that is the second time in as many days, never happened before.

Gonna need to get some silicone.

Mine actually froze open the other day. After I opened the door, the mechanism that keeps it latched was stuck in the open position so when I tried to shut the door it just kept bouncing back open. Took about 10 minutes of warming up the car before it would shut.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    28 degrees out this morning felt positively warm to me thanks to how cold the last few days were.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    HyperAquaBlastHyperAquaBlast Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Snowed in the Hampton Roads area yesterday. My Mazda 3 can't handle snow turns at 5mph and I slid off the road twice. Thankfully no damage to the car or added embarrassment to myself.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZuelZuel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Snowed in the Hampton Roads area yesterday. My Mazda 3 can't handle snow turns at 5mph and I slid off the road twice. Thankfully no damage to the car or added embarrassment to myself.

Where in Hampton Roads are you?

Zuel on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yorktown/Newport Newsish.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZuelZuel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Yorktown/Newport Newsish.

Ah cool, I live in Williamsburg and work at Ft. Eustis. The drive home yesterday once they dismissed us at 12:00 was hellacious.

Zuel on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Yeah command sent out an email saying how we expect snow today so we'll let everyone out at noon for safety. Of course everything was covered by 1030.

HyperAquaBlast on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    We had frost this morning.
    I could see my breath
    It was chilly, but not freezing (idk actual temp, but I wasn't freezing).
    And there was no wind.
    So I could actually just enjoy the crisp cold.<3

skettios on
  • Options
    BorommakotBorommakot Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    In Richmond yesterday we were essential personnel only and today it was just make it in if you can. The idea of driving downtown with any ice scares the bejeezus out of me, just all hills and stoplights.

Borommakot on
  • Options
    WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    It snowed here today, the roads were apparently chaos. I've been struck down with an uncommon cold. Blurgh.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
  • Options
    GaryOGaryO Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Its snowing the worst Ive ever seen here in England, im six floors up at I can barely see to the ground.

GaryO on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Hey guys I hear it's cold where you are

164553_702547886472_23100027_38036542_5292898_n.jpg

Sheri on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    we've had flurries off and on rapidly

supposed to snow a bunch here Tuesday

even though that's what they said 3 days ago, and it barely snowed an inch, then melted 2 hours later

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    florida was nice today

hooray?

Raneados on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    florida was nice today

hooray?

it is a pretty rare thing, so

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    well actually no it was kinda cloudy and rainy

it was likened to pittsburgh by a co-worker

better luck next time, florida

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I took that photo yesterday

So

Yesterday was amazing

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    your mom was amazing

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ow this coffee is hot

perhaps I should refrain from spilling it on myself, at least for a while

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Karma in action, folks

Sheri on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    man now I want coffee

also, topical
    image.jpg.scaled1000.jpg

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    florida was nice today

hooray?

South Florida was rainy as hell.

Krieghund on
  • Options
    DudBoltDudBolt Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I've been to Florida on a Family Vacation once. It was sooooo nice outside. We went in the Middle of -30C Winter from where I came from, and it felt like a mild Summer in Florida. It was a good experience.

DudBolt on
    Gather the faithful and prepose a toast. To an epoch of indifference. - In Flames: Ordinary Story
    http://beta.humugus.com/index.php/auth/register/inv/1966