As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Arts and Crafts with SE++ (or: Sheri's Epic Yarn)

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I wanted to post this photo of a maverick paintjob I did today

14821910150122927305873.jpg

and now I see we're talking about costumes. It's for a generic EU Smuggler costume for a star wars party tonight. I'll get suited up and shoot a couple photos

#pipe on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    oh man that is a nice paintjob Pipe

I trust you removed the air restrictors and modded the barrel so it comes out all the way?

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    the chamber drop mod yes

air restrictors no

#pipe on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Pipe it looks like a menacing gun but it does not shoot like a menacing gun there is something wrong with this

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Ive been at this star wars party less than an hour an I'm sick of it already

The best source of Entertainment is the guy in the wookie costume slowly succumbing to heat stroke.

Oh and the slutty jedi

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    There is a girl dressed as "The Force"

The costume consists of a black tank top and pants and four yellow glowsticks taped to her arms

What the hell is that?

#pipe on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    #pipe wrote: »

The best source of Entertainment is the guy in the wookie costume slowly succumbing to heat stroke.

Oh and the slutty jedi

what are you dressed up as?

I was pretty "meh" about the Batman party until I started putting a costume together

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    There is a girl dressed as "The Force"

The costume consists of a black tank top and pants and four yellow glowsticks taped to her arms

What the hell is that?

the answer is hilarious

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Vivixenne wrote: »

Oh and the slutty jedi

what are you dressed up as?

I was pretty "meh" about the Batman party until I started putting a costume together

Generic Smuggler. Slightly Han Soloesque. Was mistaken for Solo a couple of times

we decided I was dressed as "Jeff the Smuggler" from "Space"

#pipe on
  • Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    nice

Blake took me to get the bustier for the Harley Quinn costume and now I am actually excited about putting it together :3

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i took a ceramics class at the college last semester!

it was really fun and i made everyone christmas presents.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Do you have any pictures, Metzger?

Share with us

Sheri on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    i'm giving all of them as christmas presents! i still have one here not wrapped or anything, i'll see if i can't get a picture up here pretty soon.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    SheriSheri Resident Fluffer My Living RoomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Oh, I thought you meant you already gave 'em

Still, make sure you take pictures of everything you make!

Sheri on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    INDEED. even though i have no way to do ceramics now that i'm not in school.

MY CREATIVITY HAS BEEN CRUSHED BY POVERTY. because kilns are expensive.

so is glaze.

and a wheel.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    MereHappenstanceMereHappenstance Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    I wanted to post this photo of a maverick paintjob I did today
    14821910150122927305873.jpg
    and now I see we're talking about costumes. It's for a generic EU Smuggler costume for a star wars party tonight. I'll get suited up and shoot a couple photos

Oh man. I just bought one of those today. I'm going to convert it into a space marine bolt pistol. I'll be creating a box for the end and a clip on the forward bottom area.

It was the handle area that convinced me it would work well.
    download?mid=a18afa95fef43f23deefb872a992ae3&rtyp=lt&ctyp=other&ts=1214411933000

Also got their nForce sword to use as a power sword once I finish the costume. Will probably make some small adjustments to the color of it and get rid of any traces of nerf on it.

B00284C4GO.16._SCLZZZZZZZ_SS450_.jpg

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    oh hey page 5 penguin reminded me of this thing my gf at the time made me

pupu.jpg

his name is pupu and he makes a good photo subject!

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Adorable baby in adorable caps:
    18665_107478675932052_100000097617084_204080_2966639_n.jpg

18665_107478679265385_100000097617084_204081_3819836_n.jpg

18665_107478682598718_100000097617084_204082_6672397_n.jpg

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    man, look at those eyes. think they'll change?

i ask because my older brother's baby, for like the first year of her life, had the most intense blue eyes i've ever seen, and now they're more gray-green like her dad's.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    MH, There are other nerf guns that use clips that will serve your purposes better, I believe.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    skettiosskettios Enchanted ForestRegistered User regular
    edited December 2010
    man, look at those eyes. think they'll change?

i ask because my older brother's baby, for like the first year of her life, had the most intense blue eyes i've ever seen, and now they're more gray-green like her dad's.

I used to have blue eyes.. now they are gray. I miss blue but the gray is kinda cool cause some days is gray-green others its gray-blue.

skettios on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Artreus wrote: »
    MH, There are other nerf guns that use clips that will serve your purposes better, I believe.

The reason I chose that one (other than the handle) is because it looked like it'd be pretty easy to add on to it without having a bunch of pieces get in the way. I'm going to make an outer shell for the front part and add the clip onto the bottom.

Metzger: Same thing happened to me. I had pretty deep blue eyes up until about 10 or so. Now they're becoming grey.

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    so should I get these for $60 +24 shipping? http://www.highheelshop.com.au/taking-names-p-75.html

I kinda want to

but it may be smarted to poke around locally first

Viv what the hell kind of shoes are you buying? That link is marked as sexually explicit on my work filter!

It seems like we have a surplus of PVC pipe, I think a Stormtrooper blaster is in order. Photos soon!

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    WaM and Usagi, the stitch and bitch at the Roanoke is on Tuesdays starting at like, 5 o'clock.

I have asked and all comers are welcome. Also I work that night so awesome foods and eye candy are available.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    World as MythWorld as Myth a breezy way to annoy serious people Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    nice! thanks dude

that's a pretty interesting event for a bar to hold regularly

I'm into it

World as Myth on
    kQwcZLJ.png
  • Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    Well, it's one of the bar owners and some of her friends, but she says all are welcome!

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited December 2010
    That could be really fun dude

Beer and knitting, heck yeah

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Oh man. I just bought one of those today. I'm going to convert it into a space marine bolt pistol. I'll be creating a box for the end and a clip on the forward bottom area.

It was the handle area that convinced me it would work well.
    download?mid=a18afa95fef43f23deefb872a992ae3&rtyp=lt&ctyp=other&ts=1214411933000

no dude you want to use a recon.

nerf-gun-recon.jpg

Take all the extra stuff off it and the bare bones blaster would need very little work to make it a bolt pistol.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I might just have to look into that. I didn't see one at Fred Meyer when I went there, so I may have to order one.

This is all an excuse to buy nerf stuff.

Edit: OH god. Did a search for it on ebay. Some of those conversions are ridiculous.
    122409a.jpg
    P1020566.jpg
    modified-nerf-guns-for-sale.jpg
    Nerf_Recon_Swat_2_by_meandmunch.jpg

MereHappenstance on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    man I love me some nerfs

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Picture26.jpg

I MADE AN ASHTRAY FOR MY BUDDY. And took pictures of it on a shitty, shitty webcam.

Picture27.jpg

Picture28.jpg

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    dude that is boss as hell

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    oh my that firefly conversion to a P90esque dealy is amazing

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Metz that is the greatest fucking ashtray ever.

I want one.

Shit, I don't have anywhere to use it.

Tonkka on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    holy fuck I didn't even notice it was a firefly

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I really wanted to paint my maverick with vinyl dye. That's the shit that penetrates the plastic and dyes it from the inside so the paint never chips and it looks totally even and natural.

but that shit's expensive and you can't touch it up. You have to mask it real good. It's a one time deal.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    yeah, i made LOTS more things in my ceramics class, but don't have pictures of most of it, and i'm giving it all away as christmas presents. so we'll have to wait til the day to get more pictures.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    well luckily mavericks aren't too expensive, at least in the land of freedom

OmegaTofuNinja on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    yeah they're only like 12 bucks here now finally. They were super expensive for the longest time

Hey tofu your last facebook profile photo gave me an idea

Take a nerf Raider

374538.jpg

saw off the foregrip handle and glue on an Element (without the scope or light)

nerf_n_strike_element.jpg

Bam. Double gun.

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Picture30.jpg

I MADE A RUNESTONE.

The runes above the image of Mjolnir spell out my name, Anthony, and the ones on the hammer itself spell out Honor.

Picture33-1.jpg

again, these are pictures with my truly shitty webcam.

Picture37.jpg

Picture38-1.jpg

Picture39.jpg

pictured here is a detailed shot of Jormundgand, sometimes called Jormundgandr, the offspring of the god Loki and a giantess. So long that he circles the earth, known as Midgard in viking mythology, swallowing his own tail, the Midgard Serpent is an extremely common symbol of eternity or infinity in the Norse world.

Picture36.jpg
    the hall-mark or maker's mark i use to identify my shizzle.

also, i was originally gonna glaze this thing in grays and earth tones, but we didn't have any darker glazes down at the college, so i just went NUTS.

edit: that orange symbol, by the way, is a very clumsily carved Valknut, or Warrior's Knot. It's the symbol of those who have died honorably in battle, the Einherjar.

Metzger Meister on